Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing

04-24-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
RE 5 Professional

I have tomorrow off from work. If anyone is down for it, I would like to run through Professional Difficulty in RE 5. 1 Hit = DYING Who's in?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Should've tried it last night before posting. It's ridiculously hard. The first battle that you experience (where you're in the house and can push the bookshelves in front of the window and door), is hard. So hard, that I gave up. 3 words sums up this mode = ONE HIT DEATH.

I can only imagine some of the later parts; dogs, zombies with guns, Wesker & (name omitted to not spoil), that part where you have to cover Sheva with a rifle while she gets through the adjacent building (she gets killed in 1 hit). I had a hard enough time with the Savanna stage (protecting the jeep and the giant boss) on Veteran (out of all the levels, I hated that one the most), can't imagine what it'd be like on Professional.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
Should've tried it last night before posting. It's ridiculously hard. The first battle that you experience (where you're in the house and can push the bookshelves in front of the window and door), is hard. So hard, that I gave up. 3 words sums up this mode = ONE HIT DEATH.

I can only imagine some of the later parts; dogs, zombies with guns, Wesker & (name omitted to not spoil), that part where you have to cover Sheva with a rifle while she gets through the adjacent building (she gets killed in 1 hit). I had a hard enough time with the Savanna stage (protecting the jeep and the giant boss) on Veteran (out of all the levels, I hated that one the most), can't imagine what it'd be like on Professional.
not that hard. You should get some infinite ammo for wepeans that you have fully upgraded.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Finished it on Professional today. Not that bad once you get the hang of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #5
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i

you finish it with another human player or just the ai as sheva?

I am working on fishing up veteran right now...
      04-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #6
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
AI as Sheva. None of my friends can even get passed Veteran so there's no point to trying with them.

I gave her an MG (the one that looks like an M4A1), give yourself a maxxed out Hydra SG, Rocket Launcher, and the last (best) Rifle (there are parts where sniping works to your advantage). Wear both vests, the melee one and the bullet one.

Stock up on healing herbs. One hit kills, but if you are in dying status and resuscitated without a heal, the next hit will just kill you; you won't even go into dying.

Honestly, once you get the hang of camping instead of hunting through the levels, it's not hard at all. It becomes tedious and boring. If you want any help with any parts through writing, PM (so we don't give story spoilers). When/if possible, I can also co-op with you.

I haven't had my PS3 for very long, just received it at the end of March. My first Platinum Trophy!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thanks for the tips, I have a 360 so not sure if we can co-op together.
      04-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #8
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
No, we can't. Honestly, the hardest part was the first level, when they rush the house and the executioner with the axe comes. Arm yourself with an infinite ammo shot gun (obviously stronger = better), and infinite ammo rocket launcher, and give Sheva an infinite ammo machine gun.

When the sequence starts, immediately jump out the left window. Run to your left into the corner and face toward the gate; the gate will be slightly to your left, the house you came out of on your right with the window you jumped out of. Ready your shotgun and fire as needed. When the executioner comes, rocket him. When the flow of enemies slows down, venture out and take care of business feeling free to run back to this safe spot when needed. It's safe, because they can't come from behind you and they can only really come from in front of you. The left side has the gate, and the right has a window (you'd see they jump through the window for an easy kill).

If you can do this, you can do the rest of this mode. Although you'll benefit from having a rifle for parts where sniping is useful (after you exit the mines).
Appreciate 0