Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

02-10-2023, 10:49 AM   #1
LindseyEllen
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw i8

Lightbulb 2015 i8 engine light

Engine light has come on but it comes off and on…not blinking but it will come on when I drive and when I shut my car off and turn back on later it will not be on for a day or 2 and then come back on for half a day.
We ran codes with a machine we have at home and the only thing that pops up with engine relation is high voltage battery
Which is odd as there is a light that should illuminate when issues with battery comes on- anyone have a HV battery code perhaps and what did it mean?
I am due for an oil change and spark plugs which I will complete next couple days!
Car runs fine, sounds fine, goes thru the gears fine….
I don’t charge my car tho. Never have. It charges itself when I drove and honestly since I bought it 4 years ago the battery only lasted maybe 15 miles range and I never needed it persay and when I drive on highway most of the time it runs just on the battery and goes back and forth in comfort mode
I rarely drive it in sport mode.
Appreciate 0