Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

05-05-2020, 03:17 PM   #45
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

[QUOTE=///M Power-Belgium;26137427]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post

I never use weed killer . It kills the birds and their brood and the hedgehogs too .The hedgedogs come to drink water from my pond during the night .

Regarding my pond .My friend I can tell a long special story...
Not sure I can do that here
No problem, no need to explain about the pond if it's a long story.
My mom's house has two ponds and a waterfall from rocks that go up but needs a new water pump.I built a tiny replacement bridge from a kit over one pond as the original rotted after 30 years.I used to bathe in the longer pond when I was under 10 years old..the things we did
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 03:55 AM   #46
M5Rick
General
Rep

Jacques Laffite I saw as a nearly man in F1.I was present at the '86 BGP at Brands Hatch in Kent, the last official F1 race to be held there.
A pile up at the start saw his Liger forced into an armco and he broke both his legs thus ending his career.A helicopter took him to a nearby hospital and after an hour the race was restarted which was won by Mansell after a titanic battle with teammate Piquet in Williams-Honda.
Even off the track people were crippled from accidents.Frank Williams was paralysed in a car accident in France four months earlier (when he lost control of a rented Citroen and overturned) and the Brands race was the first one he attended since the crash.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 09:04 AM   #47
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Jacques Laffite I saw as a nearly man in F1.I was present at the '86 BGP at Brands Hatch in Kent, the last official F1 race to be held there.
A pile up at the start saw his Liger forced into an armco and he broke both his legs thus ending his career.A helicopter took him to a nearby hospital and after an hour the race was restarted which was won by Mansell after a titanic battle with teammate Piquet in Williams-Honda.
Even off the track people were crippled from accidents.Frank Williams was paralysed in a car accident in France four months earlier (when he lost control of a rented Citroen and overturned) and the Brands race was the first one he attended since the crash.
More broken legs ..In the 1981 Belgian Grand Prix (Zolder)

The 1981 Belgian Grand Prix (Zolder) was the fifth race of the 1981 Formula One Season. The race was marred by tragedy by the death of Osella mechanic Giovanni Amadeo when he stumbled onto the race track and was hit by Carlos Reutemann during practice. Furthermore, Arrows mechanic Dave Luckett was injured whilst trying to restart Riccardo Patrese's car on the startline when he was hit by the second Arrows of Siegfried Stohr.
It was a mess...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      05-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #48
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

My UKM5 and MBelgium friends -
I'm back - I've been stuck in lawnmower hell for a bit; had to replace a gas powered mower and begin edging the lawns using a battery powered string trimmer - the first edging this year so there was a ton to do; I have a front yard of grass that is 10,000 square ft (929 square meters) and a back yard of grass that is 8,000 square ft (743 square meters)....it takes hours to mow these lawns using a traditional lawn mower; this led me to order a grass tractor that is scheduled for delivery to our home in a few weeks which will increase the grass cutting width from 21 inches to 42 inches.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/John-Dee...1069/302923653
      05-06-2020, 09:50 AM   #49
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
More broken legs ..In the 1981 Belgian Grand Prix (Zolder)

The 1981 Belgian Grand Prix (Zolder) was the fifth race of the 1981 Formula One Season. The race was marred by tragedy by the death of Osella mechanic Giovanni Amadeo when he stumbled onto the race track and was hit by Carlos Reutemann during practice. Furthermore, Arrows mechanic Dave Luckett was injured whilst trying to restart Riccardo Patrese's car on the startline when he was hit by the second Arrows of Siegfried Stohr.
It was a mess...

Why on earth do they not have remote starter motors like on the '66 312.You can see from the pic I posted the upright battery connected to starter motor that those cars were complete not the nonsense that was running in '81.
It was complete chaos at Zolder then with inexperienced race marshalls.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 10:03 AM   #50
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
I'm back - I've been stuck in lawnmower hell for a bit; had to replace a gas powered mower and begin edging the lawns using a battery powered string trimmer - the first edging this year so there was a ton to do; I have a front yard of grass that is 10,000 square ft (929 square meters) and a back yard of grass that is 8,000 square ft (743 square meters)....it takes hours to mow these lawns using a traditional lawn mower; this led me to order a grass tractor that is scheduled for delivery to our home in a few weeks which will increase the grass cutting width from 21 inches to 42 inches.

Well done for doing some of the lawn! It's fantastic you did some of the lawn with a normal gas powered lawn mower before problems set in. My grass was all done yesterday in one large sack of cuttings, so nowhere near as big as your lawn area my friend.

Last edited by M5Rick; 05-06-2020 at 10:10 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #51
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Good job my friend !
Nice tractor , looks really good . As you might know , mine is from "HONDA"
At the next oil change, I'm planning to put some "Red Bull" stickers on it....
And of course also number "33"
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      05-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #52
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Good job my friend !
You'll be changing that 33 for number 1 when the 'season' starts soon and finishes
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 12:42 PM   #53
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
You'll be changing that 33 for number 1 when the 'season' starts soon and finishes
Well my friend I see this '20 season more like this ..Damn F* virus !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      05-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #54
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Good job my friend !
The two front seats are done and I'm over the moon.I've treated some of the steering wheel carefully avoiding the tri-colori stitching and one half of the rear seats.As I said there is no rush...and you can't beat something that's officially a Rolls Royce favoured product.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 01:07 PM   #55
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The two front seats are done and I'm over the moon.I've treated some of the steering wheel carefully avoiding the tri-colori stitching and one half of the rear seats.As I said there is no rush...and you can't beat something that's officially a Rolls Royce favoured product.
Exactly my friend . You nailed it !
The first time that I saw Leatherique it was on the Rolls forum ..

As for your ///M tri-color stitching . Check my tri-stichting on my steering wheel..
My Tri-stitching was done with Leatherique ... And a soft toothbrush
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      05-06-2020, 02:14 PM   #56
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Exactly my friend . You nailed it !
The first time that I saw Leatherique it was on the Rolls forum ..

As for your ///M tri-color stitching . Check my tri-stichting on my steering wheel..
My Tri-stitching was done with Leatherique ... And a soft toothbrush
Tri-colori stitching looks nice! I finally looked up the code for the interior upholstery, Fine Grain Leather ''Merino''/schwarz (LKSW) which means extended leather and (S4MA) M Multifunction seat.
I've used about nearly a 1/5 of the bottle so it should last a while for further applications.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2020, 05:42 PM   #57
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Thank you -

Quote:
Well done for doing some of the lawn! It's fantastic you did some of the lawn with a normal gas powered lawn mower before problems set in. My grass was all done yesterday in one large sack of cuttings, so nowhere near as big as your lawn area my friend.
Thank you UKM5!!!!
I still need a normal gas powered lawn mower to mow the areas that the lawn tractor will not reach due to it's size; so ended up purchasing a new gas powered lawn mower and a lawn tractor this month....

I mulch the clippings which returns to the lawn and augments the soil; sounds like you have been busy in lawn hell too!!!!
      05-06-2020, 05:43 PM   #58
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

Quote:
Good job my friend !
Way to go MBelgium!!!!
Great idea to put stickers on your mower....please send a pic!!!!
      05-06-2020, 05:45 PM   #59
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

Quote:
This product is simply awesome!!!! I must order and "refresh" my black M seats!!!!
      05-06-2020, 05:50 PM   #60
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Wowie!

Quote:
This product is simply awesome!!!! I must order and "refresh" my black M seats!!!!
      05-06-2020, 05:52 PM   #61
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Oh no!

Quote:
Why on earth do they not have remote starter motors like on the '66 312.You can see from the pic I posted the upright battery connected to starter motor that those cars were complete not the nonsense that was running in '81.
It was complete chaos at Zolder then with inexperienced race marshalls.
Such a very tragic weekend for so many! I wasn't aware of the death and injury from F1 history; what was the outcome of the mechanic that was hit by the car at the start of the GP??

Last edited by racerbruce; 05-07-2020 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 01:32 AM   #62
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you UKM5!!!!
I still need a normal gas powered lawn mower to mow the areas that the lawn tractor will not reach due to it's size; so ended up purchasing a new gas powered lawn mower and a lawn tractor this month....

I mulch the clippings which returns to the lawn and augments the soil; sounds like you have been busy in lawn hell too!!!!
My American friend I must admit I've never heard of a gas powered lawn mower!I did have a briggs and stratton for ages but it eventually needed so many parts and being heavy I recycled it and got a lighter electric corded one. I just get rid of the clippings to let the grass breathe and the soil get spiked once or twice every year for drainage.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 01:41 AM   #63
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Wow Racerbruce! in your excitement you posted twice for this product. I'll tell you whatever you use now for your seats is no comparison to this Rolls Royce officially recommended and used product. Remember you'll have to leave the roadster outside in the sun for 24 hours plus with the hood firmly closed for it to work optimally.
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 02:04 AM   #64
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Such a very tragic weekend for so many! I wasn't aware of the death and injury form F1 history; what was the outcome of the mechanic that was hit by the car at the start of the GP??
In Zolder '81 practice,Amadeo for reasons unknown went in front of Reutemans' Williams and was killed, the mechanics from all the teams protested.
On race day another mechanic,Luckett was at the back of an Arrows trying to restart it when the sister Arrows car went into it with him still there crouched down seriously injuring him after the race was erroneously started.
As far as I know Luckett continued in motor sports in different areas and last I looked him up he was working for West Surrey Racing for a short while and then for March also making regular trips to California to restore old F1 racing cars. There is no news where he is lately but I guess he would want to stay in a hot climate like California for the sake of the type of injuries he sustained back on that black day.
As far as compensation goes then if he had some type of accident insurance from his high risk pit job then I don't know how that would pay out,it's on the grainy vid that he did that of his own accord ignoring his own personal safety and all the safety rules.

Last edited by M5Rick; 05-07-2020 at 04:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2020, 02:41 AM   #65
M5Rick
General
Rep

Thumbs up

''I am not designed to finish second, I am designed to win''
Ayrton Senna
Appreciate 2
      05-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #66
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep

Oh no!

Quote:
Wow Racerbruce! in your excitement you posted twice for this product. I'll tell you whatever you use now for your seats is no comparison to this Rolls Royce officially recommended and used product. Remember you'll have to leave the roadster outside in the sun for 24 hours plus with the hood firmly closed for it to work optimally.
Wowie!
This is what happens when you complete a 4 day painting restoration project of restoring the master bathroom wood millwork and you begin enjoying a micro-brew....