Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion

09-24-2022, 03:17 PM   #1
FLsamidd
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 competition

Audio upgrade?

Does anyone know if the HK system can be replaced with the Bowers &Wilkins Diamond surround system as an after market upgrade? Option was not available when I spec'd my 2023 M8 competition.
Not impressed with HK system for the quality and price of this car. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2022, 03:23 PM   #2
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLsamidd View Post
Does anyone know if the HK system can be replaced with the Bowers &Wilkins Diamond surround system as an after market upgrade? Option was not available when I spec'd my 2023 M8 competition.
Not impressed with HK system for the quality and price of this car. Thoughts?
It can be retrofitted I think, but it's not worth it. The cost is huge because, among other things, the stupid "diamond dome" tweeters are priced higher than actual top tweeters in the world ($850 each MSRP). If you are going to spend that kind of money on the system you could get an elite aftermarket setup.

It might be B&W, but honestly B&W is super overrated and there's nothing in the midrange or 8" underseat woofers to indicate they are much different than the HK ones.

You're in Florida so I don't know who is a real pro in that area if you want to go aftermarket. I would reach out to Nick Apicella @ Vanguard Automotive and see who he recommends local to you. You can probably reach him through his site or on the DiyMobileAudio forum as SkizeR. I have no affiliation at all with him, but I've lurked there for a very long time and he's one of the only people I would ever let design and install a system in a car like that.

Last edited by chris719; 09-24-2022 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0