Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

07-14-2016, 03:56 PM   #1
thesunny
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 White with Gray Accents

BMW cracks my i8 windshield and won't pay for it. So disappointed.

Unbelievably, BMW cracked my windshield and won't pay for it. This is a continuation of the story about my brand new i8 breaking down 13 days after I bought it and had to be towed.

http://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1279550

Here is the letter I wrote to them:

-----------------------------------------

I've never been more disappointed or more upset with the service that I received from a car company than I am at BMW right now.

I have purchased all kinds of cars. Mercedes, Ferrari, Lexus, Infiniti and I can say with utmost confidence that your handling of this incident is the worst I have ever received of any car company and should be of utmost embarrassment to your company.

My brand new BMW i8 which I have paid upward of $150,000 for broke down in 13 days. That is, not even 2 weeks after I bought it.

First of all, you should be embarrassed and bending over backward to make better what amounts to your top of the line car in your new visionary line of cars breaking down so soon after I purchased it. But that is not the worst of it.

It was towed by BMW roadside assistance and returned to me 5 days later presumably repaired.

When I picked it up, it had a broken windshield.

It has a broken windshield and BMW roadside assistance, after more than a week of contacting multiple parties trying to get to the bottom of this, is saying that they will not repair it because they are confident they did not cause the damage.

Now, consider that when I gave the car to the BMW roadside assistance to tow, they filled out a damage sheet which did not show any damage on the windshield. What is the purpose of a damage sheet if you can later come back and say the damage was already there?

Allow me to summarize:

The brand new top of the line car that I bought from you almost immediately breaks down, you then break the windshield, and then you refuse to repair the damage that you caused. Meanwhile, I've wasted days upon days dealing with 4 different BMW parties and bringing my car back and forth to BMW.

I expect you to pay for the repair on the windshield and I also expect an apology from BMW for wasting my time and completely ruining my new car experience. Is this how you treat a customer of your most expensive cars? As I'm typing this now, I'm driving a loaner car waiting for my windshield to be repaired which I am supposed to myself pay over $2600 to repair.
      07-18-2016, 11:46 AM   #2
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunny View Post
Now, consider that when I gave the car to the BMW roadside assistance to tow, they filled out a damage sheet which did not show any damage on the windshield.
This is the key point. Press them on this point. They don't have a leg to stand on.
Appreciate 0