BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

06-17-2016, 02:09 PM   #1
Docray1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW Z4

Black Wheels on Protonic Red i8?

In the forum description of the US Protonic Red i8 model, it states "Wheel style 470 black, high polish with Orbit Gray Metallic matte lacquering". Does anyone know if this means that the entire wheel is black, with no silver polished facing? The description seems a bit confusing, particularly since the Protonic Red model shown elsewhere in the world uses the typical style 470 wheel.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1271952

I dont think the car would look as good with an entirely black wheel...any clarification would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 04:48 PM   #2
Aye-eight
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docray1 View Post
In the forum description of the US Protonic Red i8 model, it states "Wheel style 470 black, high polish with Orbit Gray Metallic matte lacquering". Does anyone know if this means that the entire wheel is black, with no silver polished facing? The description seems a bit confusing, particularly since the Protonic Red model shown elsewhere in the world uses the typical style 470 wheel.

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1271952

I dont think the car would look as good with an entirely black wheel...any clarification would be appreciated.
Where's the emoticon that makes that hand movement above the head and goes "whoosh"?
Appreciate 0