Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
Random lines
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i4 Forum - i430, i440 (G26) EV Forum BMW i4 Forum - M50, eDrive40, eDrive35 (G26) EV Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #23
daswartz
New Member
6
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: BMW 535ix, GT350
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Is anyone expecting to negotiate below MSRP? I haven't bought a new BMW in 9 years!
With the way new car access is right now and probably well into next year MSRP will be fine by me. And with used cars being priced so high, my pre-quote on my trades are amazing. I'll win on the trade and feel good about it. If you can get below MSRP though... super!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #24
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Haywood's Avatar
United_States
2565
Rep
3,059
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Under $70k, I'm impressed. Finally an electric car that isn't 6 figures that is worth looking at:
https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...djcdp7/summary
What's up W///?! Long time. My wife is trying to convince me to give up the e36 if I get the i4. I told her no chance!
__________________
2003 Le Mans Blue e39 M5 Dinan S1
1997 Alpine White e36 M3 (the old gal)
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 02:05 PM   #25
Mike i4 M50
Registered
2
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW i3 REX (Solar Orange)
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Virginia USA

iTrader: (0)

i4 M50
- San Remo Green Metallic
- Cognac Sensatec
- Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
- Premium Package
- Driving Assistance Professional Package
- Red Brake Calipers
- 861M 19" Wheels (Default)

Maybe:
- HUD
- Cognac Vernasca Leather
- Drive Recorder
- Wireless Device Charging
- Personal eSIM 5G
- Harman Kardon Surround Sound System



Last edited by Mike i4 M50; 11-18-2021 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 02:09 PM   #26
techwhiz1
First Lieutenant
122
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: E90 335, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Ca, Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Under $70k, I'm impressed. Finally an electric car that isn't 6 figures that is worth looking at:
https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...djcdp7/summary
Nice build.
I wanted the HUD and since I got that, I went for all the ADAS.

My family told me to go Big or go home.
__________________
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters,Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash ->
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 02:10 PM   #27
techwhiz1
First Lieutenant
122
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: E90 335, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Ca, Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckman View Post
Cooling and High Performance Tire Package $2,500

"Enhance the cooling performance of your vehicle with a more powerful cooling fan and an additional engine oil cooler. High-performance tires will match the aggressive racing pedigree with improved traction, reduced stopping distance and enhanced dynamic response. Mobility kit is included."

More powerful cooling fan maybe, but an engine oil cooler in an EV?
I think that's a bit over the top and a money grab. I don't think many people will be taking their i4 to the track.
You get the 20" wheels, bigger brakes and fender extensions.
__________________
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters,Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash ->
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 02:50 PM   #28
Ibiza
Colonel
Ibiza's Avatar
United_States
2177
Rep
2,123
Posts

Drives: 2021 F95 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Is anyone expecting to negotiate below MSRP? I haven't bought a new BMW in 9 years!
Highly doubt it, as the only people getting below MRSP are loyal repeat customers. I'm used to getting $1,000 below invoice and for my G83 (currently sitting at the VPC with a stop sale), I'm splitting the difference between MRSP and invoice.

With this being an all new model, dealerships will hold to MRSP pricing.
__________________
2021 F95 ZCP PCD- 2022 G83 (VPC stop sale)
Retired:2018 F85 PCD,2018 F83 ZCP- ED/PCD, 2015 X5 50i PCD, 2015 435 vert ED, 2011 X3 PCD, 2011 335is vert ED/PCD, 2007 X3is PCD, 2007 335i vert PCD, 2004 328i vert PCD
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 03:04 PM   #29
TCBavarian
Lieutenant
405
Rep
480
Posts

Drives: X5M, M2CS, E46 ZHP...
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Highly doubt it, as the only people getting below MRSP are loyal repeat customers. I'm used to getting $1,000 below invoice and for my G83 (currently sitting at the VPC with a stop sale), I'm splitting the difference between MRSP and invoice.

With this being an all new model, dealerships will hold to MRSP pricing.

Yea I'm wondering this as well. Long time big numbers buyer. I want to confirm my discount when I place my order in the order bank tonight or tomorrow. Normally I'd say that being an "i" and fairly large production a nice discount can be had regardless of it being new. But you are absolutely correct, this market will have dealers foaming for MSRP minimum. I am thinking to ask for 5% and end up 2-3%. But I've got to say MSRP is likely with many many places asking over even if you pre-ordered.
Appreciate 1
Ibiza2176.50
      11-18-2021, 03:11 PM   #30
chadkoepf
New Member
18
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: tesla 3
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: baltimore md

iTrader: (0)

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...de0ok3/summary


really want atlantis blue, but my dealer doesn't seem to know when that will be available. I think that March 22 is what people are saying, I'd wait to get it if it only meant a few months
Appreciate 2
Sportstick3442.50
Ibiza2176.50
      11-18-2021, 03:27 PM   #31
Sportstick
Major General
Sportstick's Avatar
United_States
3443
Rep
5,010
Posts

Drives: '15 228i and '18 330i GT
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southwest USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadkoepf View Post
https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...de0ok3/summary


really want atlantis blue, but my dealer doesn't seem to know when that will be available. I think that March 22 is what people are saying, I'd wait to get it if it only meant a few months
I had just spec'd out a twin to yours as an i40, other than making the calipers red.
__________________
2015 VO 228i 6MT/Track Handling,Tech,Cold,Premium,Lighting,Driver Assistance Pkgs/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR Wheels/Michelin PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Kidney Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic
2018 Alpine White 330GT - 100% Stock - until i4, maybe?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 03:44 PM   #32
Needsdecaf
Everything's Bigger in Texas!
United_States
908
Rep
3,457
Posts

Drives: Porsche Tractor
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX

iTrader: (0)

Anyone know why you are restricted to certain (black) leather colors with ventilated seats?
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2021, 03:51 PM   #33
techwhiz1
First Lieutenant
122
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: E90 335, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Ca, Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Anyone know why you are restricted to certain (black) leather colors with ventilated seats?
They only produce the leather for ventilated seats in limited colors. The surface is actually different.
__________________
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters,Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash ->
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:01 PM   #34
kbsilver
Lieutenant
59
Rep
565
Posts

Drives: '11 335d & '17 340GT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Seems as you cannot order Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant AND Premium in the eDrive 40. That's disappointing....
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #35
NightWriter
Captain
NightWriter's Avatar
635
Rep
741
Posts

Drives: 2018 M240i Convertible 6sp
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
Seems as you cannot order Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant AND Premium in the eDrive 40. That's disappointing....
Historically, the web-based builder has been buggy/wrong with certain combinations. Probably worth verifying with a dealer and their official build tool (once it's ready).
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 05:08 PM   #36
Game
Major General
Game's Avatar
United_States
1537
Rep
7,463
Posts

Drives: Audi S5. Previously N54 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chicago'ish

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Is anyone expecting to negotiate below MSRP? I haven't bought a new BMW in 9 years!
I expect to.
At least a couple of grand.
I've been going to this same dealer for more than a decade for service. They have been servicing two cars.

We shall see. I definitely am not paying more than MSRP. My dealer is also on the California instant rebate list
Couple thousand off in California?!

I wish you luck but this isn't 2019. I think MSRP would be a great deal for you.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:10 PM   #37
mckman
Private
71
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2 Competition
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Originally Posted by mckman View Post
Cooling and High Performance Tire Package $2,500

"Enhance the cooling performance of your vehicle with a more powerful cooling fan and an additional engine oil cooler. High-performance tires will match the aggressive racing pedigree with improved traction, reduced stopping distance and enhanced dynamic response. Mobility kit is included."

More powerful cooling fan maybe, but an engine oil cooler in an EV?


Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
You get the 20" wheels, bigger brakes and fender extensions.
Thanks for making it clear what you get. Guess they simply copied the ICE engine language directly over. Kind of funny no one noticed at HQ.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Sedan (Euro Delivery) - The original
2016 F31 328d SportWagon (Euro Delivery) - Gone
2018 F30 340i xDrive 6MT - Sold to Carvana
2018 F15 X5 - Everyone needs an SUV these days.
2021 M2 Competition - LBB 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:33 PM   #38
techwhiz1
First Lieutenant
122
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: E90 335, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Ca, Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Is anyone expecting to negotiate below MSRP? I haven't bought a new BMW in 9 years!
I expect to.
At least a couple of grand.
I've been going to this same dealer for more than a decade for service. They have been servicing two cars.

We shall see. I definitely am not paying more than MSRP. My dealer is also on the California instant rebate list
Couple thousand off in California?!

I wish you luck but this isn't 2019. I think MSRP would be a great deal for you.
Nah. MSRP isn't a problem.

I have a great relationship with my dealer.
I have service history that goes back a decade on multiple cars.

We shall see. It's not a deal breaker either way.
__________________
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters,Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash ->
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:37 PM   #39
Acturater
First Lieutenant
148
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

In the middle of configuring mine. Is there no adaptive suspension?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:46 PM   #40
somberlaine
Second Lieutenant
somberlaine's Avatar
United_States
166
Rep
205
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NOVA

iTrader: (0)

I got it to just over $75k w/ frozen blue.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 06:52 PM   #41
Ken7
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: Audi e-Tron
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbsilver View Post
Seems as you cannot order Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant AND Premium in the eDrive 40. That's disappointing....
That's what I thought and ran into the same issue with repeated build attempts at the dealer & at home. However, as of 10 minutes ago, I was able to successfully build a fully decked out eDrive 40 with Premium Package, Parking Assistance Package, Driver Assist, Icon Adaptive LED, eSIM 5G, wireless device charging, Harmon Kardon, Heads Up Display & Driver Recorder. As my dealer guessed, it must have been a glitch in the system before. In fact I just called him and he STILL couldn't build it at his desk even with my build code. We both are thinking it might be a browser issue on their end since he's seen this kind of thing before. I'm doing the build on Safari on a Mac.

He felt strongly that if I was able to do it at home then the build must be legitimate and it's just a matter of time before it's fixed on their end.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 07:00 PM   #42
techwhiz1
First Lieutenant
122
Rep
304
Posts

Drives: E90 335, E70 X5
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Ca, Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acturater View Post
In the middle of configuring mine. Is there no adaptive suspension?
Standard on the M50 optional $700 on the other.
__________________
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters,Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash ->
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 07:20 PM   #43
Ken7
Enlisted Member
2
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: Audi e-Tron
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Does anyone know if you still get the 3D surround view of the car if you don't get the Parking Assistant Package? What exactly is in it?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 07:21 PM   #44
kbsilver
Lieutenant
59
Rep
565
Posts

Drives: '11 335d & '17 340GT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
That's what I thought and ran into the same issue with repeated build attempts at the dealer & at home. However, as of 10 minutes ago, I was able to successfully build a fully decked out eDrive 40 with Premium Package, Parking Assistance Package, Driver Assist, Icon Adaptive LED, eSIM 5G, wireless device charging, Harmon Kardon, Heads Up Display & Driver Recorder. As my dealer guessed, it must have been a glitch in the system before. In fact I just called him and he STILL couldn't build it at his desk even with my build code. We both are thinking it might be a browser issue on their end since he's seen this kind of thing before. I'm doing the build on Safari on a Mac.

He felt strongly that if I was able to do it at home then the build must be legitimate and it's just a matter of time before it's fixed on their end.
Not necessarily a valid build. If I make enough changes I can "trick it" to have more options but it's not repeatable. I'm going in Monday, hopefully they will have this figured out by then. But if I start with a M50, then there are no restrictions. Think they are allocating chips!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST