hugo_nz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW iX Xdrive40 MSport

Garage List
2022 BMW IX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
Just read your F15X5 vs E-Tron article on the NZ thread. Not sure why u compared your older generation X5 with the newer tech E-tron. Of course you're gonna love the latest car tech and new car feeling hence change over to the e tron. And sadly you changed it quickly to the iX. Either you have a lot of money to chuck around or you really aren't sure what you want. In essence, BMW still has one of the best techs, performance and build quality as a whole. Have an i4 M50 on order. Wouldn't be ordering the likes of Tesla as build quality and durability are questionable. Would love a Taycan S, but a bit out of price range. 😉
The review was purely observations for others who may be considering the same move.

As for ditching e-tron, it’s because I know what I want and what I want is a car that delivers on its premium promise. It has spent more time being diagnosed by my selling dealer than in my own driveway and I am simply not prepared to settle for this. By comparison neither my 650i or X5 let me down to this extent.

As for money, that’s my business lol but I am a shrewd negotiator and wont lose a cent when trading in the e-tron.
Appreciate 0