BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-04-2019, 11:40 AM   #1
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Apple CEO Tim Cook, Year 2019

He has to save his legacy. Otherwise he should be kicked out of Apple.
I never liked this dude. To be honest, iPhone/iPad/iWatch are all products and ideas of Steve Jobs or Jonathan Ive.

After Steve Jobs, Angela Ahrendts or Jonathan Ive are in best position to run Apple Inc. We need a new young face. Tim is not a CEO material rather be in operations.

Year 2019 will be his last chance at Apple Inc. and "YOU'RE FIRED"

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...124847788.html

Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13161.00
      01-04-2019, 12:17 PM   #2
PshhhhhMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 Alpine White M550i

It's simple. When a company's idea of innovation is coming up with ways to force the consumer to buy accessories, it's going to fail. Love watching Apple suffer. I'm happy to see the apple fanboys finally waking up and not buying each time theres a new gadget.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      01-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #3
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
He has to save his legacy. Otherwise he should be kicked out of Apple.
I never liked this dude. To be honest, iPhone/iPad/iWatch are all products and ideas of Steve Jobs or Jonathan Ive.

After Steve Jobs, Angela Ahrendts or Jonathan Ive are in best position to run Apple Inc. We need a new young face. Tim is not a CEO material rather be in operations.

Year 2019 will be his last chance at Apple Inc. and "YOU'RE FIRED"

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/a...124847788.html

I would replace him and the majority of his senior 'creative' staff now. No need for them to try and prove themselves again. Time for new blood.
Appreciate 3
Kyngofpop676.00
c1pher4529.00
Soul_Glo13161.00
      01-04-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I think everyone has the wrong idea on Apple. Apple with its current products and lineup has reached market cap... everyone that wants their products already has them. you cant expect the world's largest tech company to continue growing on basic consumer devices. IMHO; they cannot come up with anything else that will continue this growth for them... what they did in 2006 with the iphone was revoltuionary; this cannot happen again. No one wants any more electronic goods as everything is becoming redundant. They will have to transition to offering some sort of services instead of solely relying on tech manufacturing....
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13147.00
joshe9285.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      01-04-2019, 01:16 PM   #5
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I think everyone has the wrong idea on Apple. Apple with its current products and lineup has reached market cap... everyone that wants their products already has them. you cant expect the world's largest tech company to continue growing on basic consumer devices. IMHO; they cannot come up with anything else that will continue this growth for them... what they did in 2006 with the iphone was revoltuionary; this cannot happen again. No one wants any more electronic goods as everything is becoming redundant. They will have to transition to offering some sort of services instead of solely relying on tech manufacturing....
I'm hardly an Apple fanboy, but one would be remiss to assume that a revolutionary product such as the iPhone was a one time show for Apple or any other corporation.

What's not to say that Apple doesn't come out with some other new and revolutionary device that causes the same buzz as the original iPhone did? I'm not saying this scenario is likely, but it is silly to rule it out as though it will never happen again. To say that some new technological leap we are unaware of yet isn't going to happen again in the next few years (from Apple or any other company) is foolish.
King Rudi13147.00
      01-04-2019, 01:23 PM   #6
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PshhhhhMW View Post
It's simple. When a company's idea of innovation is coming up with ways to force the consumer to buy accessories, it's going to fail. Love watching Apple suffer. I'm happy to see the apple fanboys finally waking up and not buying each time theres a new gadget.
Could not agree more.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 01:24 PM   #7
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
I'm hardly an Apple fanboy, but one would be remiss to assume that a revolutionary product such as the iPhone was a one time show for Apple or any other corporation.

What's not to say that Apple doesn't come out with some other new and revolutionary device that causes the same buzz as the original iPhone did? I'm not saying this scenario is likely, but it is silly to rule it out as though it will never happen again. To say that some new technological leap we are unaware of yet isn't going to happen again in the next few years (from Apple or any other company) is foolish.
And, we might be overlooking some other factors: international sales (especially China, currently dampened by the trade negotiations) and services (iTunes, media content, etc) which is growing and could replace many products in the profit picture.

My view is that Apple is a fashion company, not a tech company. As long as they generate new, interesting and exciting fashion for their market, they will grow and can leverage that into services. If Cook can’t come up with those products, and manage that transition, he and perhaps Apple are toast (wait! An Apple Toaster!!!). Just have to keep in mind that the world market is still a huge opportunity, and much less price sensitive than the US on the iPhones.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      01-04-2019, 01:27 PM   #8
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:

They went from the Ipod (which was revolutionary) to the Iphone. But they also went from the Apple IIc to the Lisa. There's no telling what's next........But Cook is not the answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 01:30 PM   #9
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
And, we might be overlooking some other factors: international sales (especially China, currently dampened by the trade negotiations) and services (iTunes, media content, etc) which is growing and could replace many products in the profit picture.

My view is that Apple is a fashion company, not a tech company. As long as they generate new, interesting and exciting fashion for their market, they will grow and can leverage that into services. If Cook can’t come up with those products, and manage that transition, he and perhaps Apple are toast (wait! An Apple Toaster!!!). Just have to keep in mind that the world market is still a huge opportunity, and much less price sensitive than the US on the iPhones.
I hadn't really thought about it in a "fashion" sense but this is spot on. My sister, for one, goes out and purchases whatever new iProduct that comes out as soon as it hits the store for no other reason than to create envy with her shallow ass friends. I honestly feel sorry for these people that only spend their money on things to create an image.

I do expect a huge leap in technology soon that will eventually leave cell phones themselves a dated technology. I'm guessing some form of implanted or wearable device that doesn't require typing or touching it at all.

As for the toaster, I'm amazed that we don't already have toasters with wifi so we can watch our toast get brown via live feed off internal webcam.
Appreciate 2
2000cs3433.00
Graves1130.00
      01-04-2019, 01:31 PM   #10
2000cs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
They went from the Ipod (which was revolutionary) to the Iphone. But they also went from the Apple IIc to the Lisa. There's no telling what's next........But Cook is not the answer.
I’m inclined to agree about Cook - from the start I thought he was riding Jobs’ coattails on product and strategy. Now the coattails have run out so we’ll see what Cook really has. IMO, of course.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      01-04-2019, 01:31 PM   #11
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

I think once 5G devices start hitting the market there will be a huge inrush of people upgrading and ditching their 4G junk. I wanted to upgrade my phone last month but there is no way I am going to purchase a 4G phone this close to 5G rollout.
      01-04-2019, 01:37 PM   #12
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

.......well shit.......

https://www.extremetech.com/electron...fin-technology
Appreciate 2
2000cs3433.00
      01-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #13
2000cs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
That’s really funny! We may have to move this thread to the “LOL” thread now!!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      01-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #14
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu1 View Post
I think once 5G devices start hitting the market there will be a huge inrush of people upgrading and ditching their 4G junk. I wanted to upgrade my phone last month but there is no way I am going to purchase a 4G phone this close to 5G rollout.
If I recall, Apple was slow to adapt 4G. They had better be more on their toes for 5g.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13147.00
      01-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #15
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
That’s really funny! We may have to move this thread to the “LOL” thread now!!
"It even had a color-coded label above the lever, to tell you how toasty your toast would be, in colors ranging from “Irish person sunbathing” to “Not even both hands and a flashlight can save you now.”
Appreciate 1
2000cs3433.00
      01-04-2019, 01:46 PM   #16
byroncheung
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, 997.2 c2s, x166 GL450

Quote:
I honestly feel sorry for these people that only spend their money on things to create an image.
wait... but we own a bmw...
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13147.00
2000cs3433.00
RickFLM410798.50
      01-04-2019, 01:55 PM   #17
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by byroncheung View Post
wait... but we own a bmw...
I didn't buy a BMW to look any one way or another. I bought mine because of how it drove and that bitch is sexy as hell. Now my Lexus, Infiniti or the Benz that I'll be buying this year may be because I wanted to look fancy though.

I also don't go out and buy a new BMW each time they release one just to be the guy with a new BMW. Mine is 11 years old this year.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 01:56 PM   #18
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
I agree and I am not saying that Cook is the right answer, either. I was simply responding to the post that stated Apple created a single revolutionary thing and that it never was going to do that again.

I was noting that it is perfectly feasible for Apple to come out with the 'next big thing' a few years from now that no one is predicting. We just don't know.
      01-04-2019, 01:56 PM   #19
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
I didn't buy a BMW to look any one way or another. I bought mine because of how it drove and that bitch is sexy as hell. Now my Lexus, Infiniti or the Benz that I'll be buying this year may be because I wanted to look fancy though.
Don't go Lexus! Have some manly dignity!!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 01:58 PM   #20
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Don't go Lexus! Have some manly dignity!!
Already did. Bought an IS350 in 2013. I have to say, I loved that car. It did not handle or have the feel of my 335i but still, it was a nice damn car.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 02:03 PM   #21
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu1 View Post
It took the market like 5 years to transition form 4g to 3g... and that was a big difference. No one really needs 5G, if everyone thinks this will be a major starter on the revenue front; they are wrong. 4G is more than sufficient for most people.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 02:04 PM   #22
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I agree and I am not saying that Cook is the right answer, either. I was simply responding to the post that stated Apple created a single revolutionary thing and that it never was going to do that again.

I was noting that it is perfectly feasible for Apple to come out with the 'next big thing' a few years from now that no one is predicting. We just don't know.
I could be wrong but I think it's unlinkely... there already were both phones and mp3 players and tablets when the iphone, ipod and ipad came out...
Appreciate 0