10-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #155
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetFame View Post
Someone here found her on LinkedIn, think it was smoosh.
Erika Patino is her name IIRC. Someone search, I'm2lazy
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #156
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beartato View Post
You are judging them, you've just made a straightforward example of fat shaming. Forget about Buzzfeed, marginalizing everyone who is overweight as being "lazy" or "unmotivated" continues to perpetuate the idea that everyone's physiology is the same and if you're overweight you're doing something wrong.
There are plenty of lazy unmotivated people who are aren't overweight. If you are overweight, you ARE or your body IS doing something wrong. Everyone's physiology is the same. We all burn energy for normal bodily functions. And since that energy isn't self sustaining, we need to eat to replenish it. Eat more than you burn, gain weight. Eat less than you burn, lose weight. It's as simple as calories in vs calories out. Always has been, always will be.

Far less than 1% of America's obese are so because of a medical condition.
      10-27-2016, 05:30 PM   #157
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
I'm not. While I'd concede a lot of people are fat out of laziness (diet and exercise, mostly), it's not fair to group everyone into that category because they are overweight. There's a lot more to weight than lifestyle, that's all I'm saying.
I think we agree more than we disagree. Like I said before, everybody is raised differently and thus have different priorities when it comes to fitness. Along with that, lack of time and income are potential barriers to living a healthy lifestyle. But as somebody going into the Medicine whose daily routine will involve seeing folks in poor health, I can vouch that the majority of cases I've seen involving the overarching "metabolic syndrome" are due to poor lifestyle decisions and sheer laziness.

You'd think that in this age of the internet and smartphone apps where so much information is readily available, people would be more informed and proactive with their health. Unfortunately the opposite is true, and part of it is because the internet gives the clowns running sites like Buzzfeed a platform to brainwash the public.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #158
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
There are plenty of lazy unmotivated people who are aren't overweight. If you are overweight, you ARE or your body IS doing something wrong. Everyone's physiology is the same. We all burn energy for normal bodily functions. And since that energy isn't self sustaining, we need to eat to replenish it. Eat more than you burn, gain weight. Eat less than you burn, lose weight. It's as simple as calories in vs calories out. Always has been, always will be.

It's not far less than 1%. Everyone physiology is different (in this context), ever heard of metabolism? Saying "as simple as calories in vs calories out" is a gross oversimplification of our body's processes.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #159
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's not far less than 1%. Everyone physiology is different (in this context), ever heard of metabolism? Saying "as simple as calories in vs calories out" is a gross oversimplification of our body's processes.
then why was obesity basically non existent 50 years ago? did our genetics just get shittier?

seriously, many people these days would be considered fucking circus freaks just a matter of a few decades ago. im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that today fast food is so readily available and most people spend a majority of their time behind a computer/tv screen, right? no, its totally just their genetics... not.
Appreciate 2
      10-27-2016, 06:13 PM   #160
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:

+1, put down those doughnuts and get some road work in.
Appreciate 2
Taskmaster2468.00
Mr Tonka6060.00
      10-27-2016, 06:37 PM   #161
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post
then why was obesity basically non existent 50 years ago? did our genetics just get shittier?

seriously, many people these days would be considered fucking circus freaks just a matter of a few decades ago. im sure it has nothing to do with the fact that today fast food is so readily available and most people spend a majority of their time behind a computer/tv screen, right? no, its totally just their genetics... not.
People were still obese 50 years ago, it just wasn't as prevalent. This article wasn't talking about obesity and neither was I, we're talking about those who'd be classified as overweight or on the high side of normal on the BMI scale. Those who are stigmatized as "fat" in society even though there's nothing wrong with them. This thread really validates why such an article as this exists. Nothing says you have to find women like this attractive, the point is they don't need to be mocked because they don't starve themselves everyday to fit some arbitrary body type the masses have been programmed to find attractive.

Now if this article was about land whales with 40 inch waists who let themselves go years ago trying to say they're ok and we should tolerate that I'd be with you guys on this, but size 14? Come on, that's well within a healthy range for weight.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 06:57 PM   #162
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aozer View Post

A big reason fast food is so readily available now is because there is much higher demand for it. Part of the reason for higher demand is an increase in single parent families and a higher percentage of both parents working when there is a 2-parent family. The demands on time are not the same as they once were and people find fast food easy and cheap. It's not like people today simply decided to eat more fast food any more than genetics changed from 50 years ago. Economic and social factors changed, making a healthy lifestyle more challenging for more people.

At least people aren't smoking everywhere they go like in Mad Men. Seeing someone lighting a cigarette in a restaurant, office or airplane would likely elicit a greater response today than seeing an overweight person 50 years ago.
      10-27-2016, 07:41 PM   #163
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Oh no... let me run and hide before the "fast food" is making people fat protestors come in.

Next will be the guns kill people protestors.

People kill people.
People make people fat.

Do guns and fast food make it easier? Sure. However, the person is to blame.

I have the body I have because of decisions I make and have made. I don't blame McDonalds. I don't blame Taco Bell for me ordering 5 items off the dollar menu. It's all my fault.
Appreciate 5
Taskmaster2468.00
Mr Tonka6060.00
Aatish3461.00
      10-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #164
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Depends on amount of work. I think I could eat fast food every meal and still be lean just means that much more work at the gym.
Appreciate 3
      10-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #165
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Depends on amount of work. I think I could eat fast food every meal and still be lean just means that much more work at the gym.
You could eat ice-cream for every meal and lose weight so long as the calories were less than what you burn every day. You'll be hungry and unhealthy, but still losing weight.
      10-27-2016, 09:18 PM   #166
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
Oh no... let me run and hide before the "fast food" is making people fat protestors come in.

Next will be the guns kill people protestors.

People kill people.
People make people fat.

Do guns and fast food make it easier? Sure. However, the person is to blame.

I have the body I have because of decisions I make and have made. I don't blame McDonalds. I don't blame Taco Bell for me ordering 5 items off the dollar menu. It's all my fault.
I agree for the most part. Documentaries like the one that weenie made about eating McDonalds for a month are ridiculous. I didn't understand the point of that, of course fast food is unhealthy. It's all about moderation and balance.

I am as free market and pro-America as it gets, but I'll concede that one of the downsides of our free market system is the incentive to cash in on making people fat. I'm not placing the blame squarely on fast food companies, Nabisco, etc. and the lot, as I am a firm believer in personal responsibility. But these companies certainly make it easier for people to become unhealthy.

Again though, the responsibility falls more on people to make better life decisions. I love McDonalds and Chic fil a too, but it's not something I eat often.
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1136.50
      10-27-2016, 09:25 PM   #167
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Everyone's physiology is not different in this context. Everyone uses energy to function and everyone needs to replenish that energy through food. Eat more than you expend, gain weight. Eat the same amount as you expend, maintain. Eat less than you expend, lose weight. It's not and oversimplification when it comes to losing, gaining or maintaining weight. When it comes to be healthy and feeling good, yes, people do thrive on different nutrients. But to claim your metabolism is what it is, is a lame copout for being unable to lose weight. Just like your weight, you can change your metabolism through diet and exercise.

Quote:
+1, put down those doughnuts and get some road work in.
At 113 miles for the week.

Quote:
People were still obese 50 years ago, it just wasn't as prevalent. This article wasn't talking about obesity and neither was I, we're talking about those who'd be classified as overweight or on the high side of normal on the BMI scale. Those who are stigmatized as "fat" in society even though there's nothing wrong with them. This thread really validates why such an article as this exists. Nothing says you have to find women like this attractive, the point is they don't need to be mocked because they don't starve themselves everyday to fit some arbitrary body type the masses have been programmed to find attractive.

Now if this article was about land whales with 40 inch waists who let themselves go years ago trying to say they're ok and we should tolerate that I'd be with you guys on this, but size 14? Come on, that's well within a healthy range for weight.
A size 14 is a healthy weight range if she's over 6' tall. My wife is 5'10" nearly 155 pounds and is a size 8. In terms of height and weight she is on the large side of average, yet still smaller than a 14. But maybe you're thinking 14 is an actual inch size for their waist, which it isn't. If it was, God help those women who wear a size 0 or even a 2.

I personally don't care what people look like and think it's good that they think highly of themselves. But in terms of general health, they are doing themselves a disservice. And thinking highly of themselves while trying to better themselves is one thing, but when they embrace an unhealthy body size which is created by poor decisions, health becomes a front burner issue.
      10-27-2016, 11:07 PM   #168
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Life is see saw
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 11:15 PM   #169
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
Life is see saw
Only if you do it wrong
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 11:17 PM   #170
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Quote:

Only if you do it wrong
Attached Images

I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 1
UncleWede18108.00
      10-27-2016, 11:35 PM   #171
Beartato
Major
Rep

Quote:
Everyone's physiology is not different in this context. Everyone uses energy to function and everyone needs to replenish that energy through food. Eat more than you expend, gain weight. Eat the same amount as you expend, maintain. Eat less than you expend, lose weight. It's not and oversimplification when it comes to losing, gaining or maintaining weight. When it comes to be healthy and feeling good, yes, people do thrive on different nutrients. But to claim your metabolism is what it is, is a lame copout for being unable to lose weight. Just like your weight, you can change your metabolism through diet and exercise.
You should write a health book, because apparently you have all the answers for weight loss
Quote:
A size 14 is a healthy weight range if she's over 6' tall. My wife is 5'10" nearly 155 pounds and is a size 8. In terms of height and weight she is on the large side of average, yet still smaller than a 14. But maybe you're thinking 14 is an actual inch size for their waist, which it isn't. If it was, God help those women who wear a size 0 or even a 2.

I personally don't care what people look like and think it's good that they think highly of themselves. But in terms of general health, they are doing themselves a disservice. And thinking highly of themselves while trying to better themselves is one thing, but when they embrace an unhealthy body size which is created by poor decisions, health becomes a front burner issue.
I'm well aware of what the size means.

Just as a little background on me, I'm in the military, and while my main job isn't fitness I've always played an active roll in it for the last decade. I've mentored a lot of people to pass their fitness test, whether they were too big, too weak, unmotivated or whatever reason under the sun these people couldn't run or do strength training.

The Air Force fitness test isn't the hardest thing to pass, but I've done my homework on weight and health, I've seen all kinds of body types run the test and do fine. Weight isn't the absolute indicator of health, it's more of where it's at. Obesity isn't ok, and weight concentrated around the abdomen isn't ok, but if someone has a little weight on the hips or in the arms it isn't gonna give them diabetes or a heart attack.

I've known plenty of women you guys here would dismiss as fat and lazy who go to the gym everyday and eat right. They're not unhealthy by any measure but only to the judgmental eye of someone shallow. I feel for these girls who bust their asses in the name of health but still are seen as fat by the general population.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 04:46 AM   #172
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

"I mean, she say I’m obsessed with thick women and I agree
Yeah, that’s right, I like my girls BBW, yeah
Type that wanna suck you dry and then eat some lunch with you
Yeah, so thick that everybody else in the room is so uncomfortable"

Maybe they listen to rap too much. I don't know. But no wonder they all obese, the queues at McDick's, Subways and other places are always long when I walk by them.

Don't use the public transport because you take up too much space. Oh, and don't complain about the lack of CF roof on your BMW.
      10-28-2016, 05:31 AM   #173
InternetFame
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 ZCP 6MT, '11 R55 S 6MT

Quote:
No u.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 05:33 AM   #174
InternetFame
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 ZCP 6MT, '11 R55 S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
"I mean, she say I’m obsessed with thick women and I agree
Yeah, that’s right, I like my girls BBW, yeah
Type that wanna suck you dry and then eat some lunch with you
Yeah, so thick that everybody else in the room is so uncomfortable"

Maybe they listen to rap too much. I don't know. But no wonder they all obese, the queues at McDick's, Subways and other places are always long when I walk by them.

Don't use the public transport because you take up too much space. Oh, and don't complain about the lack of CF roof on your BMW.
I'm surprised she doesn't have a pacemaker or a cane.

Also thought that Z4 was on coils. It's almost like the Z4 was a can and she was the biscuit batter. It's almost like she is the sun. It's almost like she could suck you dry and then eat some lunch with you. It's almost like Drake could love her.

I've very little sympathy for fats.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 05:55 AM   #175
Aatish
Lofty
Rep

Quote:

Also thought that Z4 was on coils. It's almost like the Z4 was a can and she was the biscuit batter. It's almost like she is the sun. It's almost like she could suck you dry and then eat some lunch with you. It's almost like Drake could love her.

*Audible laughter*
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 06:22 AM   #176
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:

Right.

I was browsing tumblr the other night, just random things (never again), and I came across a page that had women who are actively gaining weight because they want to be fat. Why would people want to do that to themselves?! Smh the world is going downhill fo real.

Appreciate 1