04-07-2006, 09:14 AM   #23
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon
charmaine is cute.
Yea, she's pretty good-looking, esp. since the other girls aren't that cute..she looks biracial, maybe part Asian..?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #24
Core
Rep
Drives: 2006 Arctic Metallic 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW786
Yea, she's pretty good-looking, esp. since the other girls aren't that cute..she looks biracial, maybe part Asian..?
Yep shes half filipino.

Appentice is one of the few shows that I actually watch nowadays. It is both entertaining and educational -
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 11:48 AM   #25
Core
Rep
Drives: 2006 Arctic Metallic 330i

Quote:
Donald Trump is an idiot. That was awesome how Bryce stood up to him and didn't get intimidated. It seems as though anytime someone challenges Donald Trump or show strength, they get fired..it's an ego thing on Trump's end. That's part of the reason a lot of ppl. stopped watching..
Trump has always had an ego...it comes along with the territory. Its his show, he's a billionaire, and he's the boss. If Bryce was a smart player he would not challenge Trump. It would be like challenging MJ at the United Arena when he was still playing for the Bulls back in the day. You would lose. No questions asked. But the quality of the people in the current season doesn't seem to be up to par with previous seasons. I did enjoy last season's very much though.

Roy
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 08:05 AM   #26
eleven24
Foppa!
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i

My wife and I were talking about the Apprentice yesterday. I thought that regardless of his religious beliefs, Lee should have been fired. My wife disagreed.

I am not saying he shouldn't be able to practice his religion, but he has to understand the consequences of being gone for the day. What if the show was down to Lee and one other contestant in the final two, and he left for the day? Or what would happen in the real business world if, for example, a potential client was in town for the day and wanted to discuss a million dollar deal with Lee, and nobody else. Unfortunately, the client would not stick around until Lee was avaliable, and a million dollar deal would be lost. Would Lee still have a job if he let such a client walk away?

The Apprentice, while a game show, is still about decisions. The fact that Lee made the decision not to participate in the task was his choice. He accepted the risk associated with it. Bryce made the right decision bringing Lee and Lenny into the board room. They are the two people who contributed the least to the task.

Religion or not, Lee did not contribute to the task. He should've been fired.
      04-10-2006, 11:06 AM   #27
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

^ I've thought long and hard about this and realized that Trump will be subjected to so much criticism if he were to fire Lee. Sure you can explain it to the people but they'll still think that he was fired because of his religious beliefs. He wasnt gone for 1 day though. He was gone for 2 weeks. I totally see where you're coming from though. But Trump/NBC knows better than to fire Lee at that time.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #28
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
^ I've thought long and hard about this and realized that Trump will be subjected to so much criticism if he were to fire Lee. Sure you can explain it to the people but they'll still think that he was fired because of his religious beliefs. He wasnt gone for 1 day though. He was gone for 2 weeks. I totally see where you're coming from though. But Trump/NBC knows better than to fire Lee at that time.
I don't know which Jewish holiday it was, but even Trump's right hand man (the old one) was off of the show for the Jewish holiday. So it must have been pretty important, as that guy is always there.. To fire someone (on this show) for practicing their religion is (for lack of a better word) lame, I think if they are to be fired it should be based on actual performance (or non-performance)..

IMO what a hate most about this show:

1) The arguing like two-year olds. The board room is on the same intellectual and intelligence level of a second grade playground. That one episode they were (no bs) arguing whether or not someone was their friend.. These are supposed to be grown, mature, intelligent, professionals and they are using tactics learned in elementary school?? Act professionally, take responsibility for actions, and let people talk.. Moreover, don't suck up every two seconds by saying "Mr. Trump, Mr. Trump"

2) People get fired on the team for coming up with a bad idea!! It is the people's responsibility to be creative, and think of as many ideas as possible. It is the team leader's job to sculpt these ideas, reject bad ones, and give them direction. Every time a bad idea comes up they want to fire the person who came up with it. This is complete BS!!! If the project manager thinks its a bad idea, don't use it. Don't use it and then say, it was bad, fire them!! Also sometimes someone will have a really good idea, but then the delivery of it is awful, or it is changed so much by the time the team is done it's not even their idea anymore!! Then guess what, "you're fired!!". In this show, the best way to win is to not come up with any ideas, do what you're told, and otherwise just keep your mouth shut as much as possible and not think on your own. The second people put their nose into things, "you're fired!"

Its like a roadkill, I don't want to look at all, but you can't help it. Then all I can think afterwards is how I want that hour of my life back!!

I feel better now that that is out,
Cheers..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.

Last edited by Josh49; 04-10-2006 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #29
eleven24
Foppa!
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i

Somehow I think that in the real world Trump would fire Lee in a heartbeat. But the cameras are on, and firing Lee would bring a ton of backlash.

But what I never understood about the show is that Trump is "looking" for a good businessman/woman - yet it seems every week the task is about artistic creativity. These people didn't go to art school, directors school, or play Ted the Frog in the school play. They were collecting the money at the door.

And yet, I still watch.
      04-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #30
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

I agree with you both (Josh49 and Eleven24). It was an excellent show a couple seasons ago. Now it's just ridiculous. The reason I watch this show is so I can learn from it. All I have seen so far is how to argue like kids. It also seems like they've fired all the good people already. I think it's stupid to listen to the first good idea that comes up. They should listen to all ideas and then decide on the best one. The person who came up with the idea should not be fired just because of their idea. No idea is stupid because they will all bring result. Yet it seems like if you come up with a bad idea you will be brought back to the boardroom. The show drives me crazy sometimes but I cant help but watch it.

Does anyone know what just happened??? I thought "deal or no deal" was gonna be on til 10 like last week and that Apprentice was gonna be on at 10. So I watched 24 instead. Next thing I knew Lenny was fired??? What the heck just happened???

Last edited by BMW F22; 04-11-2006 at 12:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 01:00 AM   #31
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

oh man I really cant stand Lee anymore. He wouldnt stop talking!!!! I gotta admit he's one smart dude though. The price was too high though. I thought maybe like 4.99/5.99 would be excellent. Leslie really blew it by not listen to the price suggestion. I mean sure if she didnt wanna listen to Lee it's fine. But the MANAGERS thought it was too high as well. ANYONE wanna try out for the apprentice with me??? HAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #32
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
oh man I really cant stand Lee anymore. He wouldnt stop talking!!!! I gotta admit he's one smart dude though. The price was too high though. I thought maybe like 4.99/5.99 would be excellent. Leslie really blew it by not listen to the price suggestion. I mean sure if she didnt wanna listen to Lee it's fine. But the MANAGERS thought it was too high as well. ANYONE wanna try out for the apprentice with me??? HAHAHA
Yeah Leslie was a moron!! Who is going to pay (at 7-11) 7 or 8 dollars for a sandwich? She said she did an hour of benchmarking. If I walked into one 7-11, I could tell you in 5 seconds that the average sandwich is 4-5 dollars, and the people buying these sandwiches probably aren't going to pay much more. The price was way off!! Lee was exactly right in this case every word he said. The only argument Leslie had was "Lee, stop talking". She had absolutely no defense.

I was bummed to see Lenny go, I thought that episode was complete BS. That room was much better, the kids liked it much better, and in the long run thats what was important. I really think the kids should have decided. I don't think he did anything wrong, and those kids are going to be really happy with that room. I agree with what Lenny said, its stupid who was the judge of the contest, and that they "lost".

The moral of the story, Charmane is a conspiring, sneaky, (female dog). She doesn't do anything, and just gets good people fired. At the end of the Lee show, she's like "Mr. Trump I know you didn't ask my opinion but I think you should fire Lee". What a POS! She wanted Lee and Lenny fired because they contribute the most to the team and have much more to offer than her...

(end of rant)

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #33
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

What show did you guys watch? The one that was on last night didnt have to do with 7-11..it had to do with the kids????? Am I missing something?
      04-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #34
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core
Trump has always had an ego...it comes along with the territory. Its his show, he's a billionaire, and he's the boss. If Bryce was a smart player he would not challenge Trump. It would be like challenging MJ at the United Arena when he was still playing for the Bulls back in the day. You would lose. No questions asked. But the quality of the people in the current season doesn't seem to be up to par with previous seasons. I did enjoy last season's very much though.

Roy
I think his ego causes him to fire some of the better candidates. Even though he got fired in the end, Bryce didn't back down and he left with his integrity. A lot of the candidates coast through the show by not stepping up as Project Leader and set others up for failure instead. It gets them through the next round but they usually get fired later on anyway.

I also enjoyed last season...I was rooting for Rebecca though.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #35
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer3253
What show did you guys watch? The one that was on last night didnt have to do with 7-11..it had to do with the kids????? Am I missing something?
There were two episodes last night for some reason..

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 09:53 AM   #36
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I think his ego causes him to fire some of the better candidates. Even though he got fired in the end, Bryce didn't back down and he left with his integrity. A lot of the candidates coast through the show by not stepping up as Project Leader and set others up for failure instead. It gets them through the next round but they usually get fired later on anyway.

I also enjoyed last season...I was rooting for Rebecca though.

I think last night when it was down to Lenny and Charmane, it was something else doing the thinking and firing..

Last edited by Josh49; 04-11-2006 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 10:04 AM   #37
ashecnc
In the delivery business :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i Jet Black/Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer3253
It was on twice, I almost missed the second one. Glad I went to the bathroom when I came back the 7-11 episode was coming on

Born 10/05 '06 325i Jet Black, Black, Sport Package, Xenon's, Heated Seats & Power, Sat. Prep, Rear Spoiler, Chrome Tips, Blacklines, Chrome Grills, 19" M5 wheels NO MORE run flats, drives like a dream now
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 01:34 PM   #38
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49
I think last night when it was down to Lenny and Charmane, it was something else doing the thinking and firing..

I think Lenny deserved to be fired though, that guy seemed spaced-out or something..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #39
Josh49
Major General
Rep

I think he just has more of a laid back demeanor about him. I thought Charmane deserved to be fired 10X before him, read above.. I think Lenny did a good job, I think Charmane just sat around and was negative about everything and did not contribute anything...

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #40
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

I dunno wut happened to the first one cus I thought it was gonna be on at 10. BUt I agree with you though Josh49. Charmane is a b*tch. When she said that shit I was like "oh man she's wicked". Im really not rooting for anyone rite now cus I dont care anymore. I just wanna see who will win.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 02:17 AM   #41
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

bump-LOL

I was just watching the 1st episode of this season's Apprentice. They were doing a car wash challenge and I saw an AW E90 in it. haha siiiiic!!!

Edit: actually I saw several E90s in there. I think I saw Long's car. lol
Appreciate 0