A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusivo View Post
I like the i8 but I cannot understand how anyone can say it is futuristic looking or aggressive next to any lamborghini, Ferrari, mclaren... My eyes go immediately to the huracan in that pic
Mine too. Couldn't look away.
Its bright red and under the light.. you eye is naturally drawn to it. I think the i8 looks great!

OP, congrats on your success to allow such awesome luxuries! would love to be at your level some day! proof hard work can pay off?
      11-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #26
0_steve
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 24 X5 M60i/20 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusivo
I like the i8 but I cannot understand how anyone can say it is futuristic looking or aggressive next to any lamborghini, Ferrari, mclaren... My eyes go immediately to the huracan in that pic
Agree. Lambo is much much better looking IMO.

Great set up!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #27
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by woltersjason View Post
He owns a white 458
Oh good. It's Veteran's Day today so he can proudly display his Blue i8, Red Huracan and White 458
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #28
TwinTurboXI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamun160 View Post
Great tour of Oakland 😄

Nice cars too. Can't wait to spot them around the Burgh. 👍
+1, unfortunately we may have to wait until spring at this point.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #29
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusivo View Post
Completely opposite for me. My eyes went straight to the i8. While the Hurracan obviously looks like a Gallardo V2, the i8 just looks like absolutely nothing out there right now (apart from maybe the R8, and that IMO is a looker).

Will definitely have to check out your other videos OP. Congrats!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #30
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

Nice cars, enjoy! Personally, I think the 458i is much better looking, but those two babes are pretty hot too.
+1 on that garage... It is sick!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #31
Analog Imports
Addict
Rep
Drives: EBII 335 6MT

i quit my job and i work for you?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #32
i001947
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3

I would jump over the I8 for that Huracan in a heart beat.

That's one sexy momma you got there!

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #33
bmellion
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusivo
Agreed completely...
2013 BMW M6 Eisenmann Race(gone)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #34
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Awesome post. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing more vlogs
      11-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #35
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MghtyPtrck View Post
I'm pre-med! Hopefully, I can have similar toys as you once I'm done!!!
Sorry.. I both laughed and cried when I read this so had to reply. Medicine as a field is a joke and a disaster.. Not to rain on your parade, but not one single physician I know, in any specialty (literally) is happy with medicine, satisfied with their career, or is getting paid enough to afford a Lambo. Unless you get an MBA or a JD in combo with that med degree, I would put these thoughts out of your head.. and frankly, I would steer clear of medicine. My cheerful advice to all the youngens

And to the OP, nice i8, by the way.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 03:47 PM   #36
zonka81
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i xDrive GT

That i8 is a gorgeous car, no matter the color. The Huracan is so aggressive but personally Id have it with black rims. Both are amazing cars. Congratulations

Me: 2016 Honda Civic EX
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #37
MghtyPtrck
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteis350 View Post
Sorry.. I both laughed and cried when I read this so had to reply. Medicine as a field is a joke and a disaster.. Not to rain on your parade, but not one single physician I know, in any specialty (literally) is happy with medicine, satisfied with their career, or is getting paid enough to afford a Lambo. Unless you get an MBA or a JD in combo with that med degree, I would put these thoughts out of your head.. and frankly, I would steer clear of medicine. My cheerful advice to all the youngens

And to the OP, nice i8, by the way.
Well, I'm sorry you have those sentiments and for knowing people in every single medical field (literally) that share the same outlook.

I'll just say that I know quite a few people in the medical field and have quite a few close relatives that are doctors and have done real well for themselves. They also seem to be pretty happy. I think since you know people on one end of the spectrum and I know people on the other end of the spectrum, I would take the average which is the middle, and the middle aint so bad.

Also, I have other aspirations so I think I'll be alright. Thanks for being concerned
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #38
Red Lined
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 528, CTS

Quote:
I'm pre-med! Hopefully, I can have similar toys as you once I'm done!!!
Calm down there. M3 speaking from experience here. By the time you graduate from medical school (unless you have a cheap in state option) you will have enough in loans to cover the 2 i8s. Add on the interest and you can cover 2 i8s and the Lambo in money you will be paying back. Needless to say, medicine is NOT a gateway to the OPs garage. Medical school is very arduous beginning with M1 when they throw you in that anatomy lab and tell you start memorizing the brachial plexus or when you take path during M2 or when you have 4am-7pm days on surgery with a Shelf you have to study for when you get home, you will realize this. Also, please don't go around telling people you are pre-med lol.

The OP obviously did very well for him or herself financially to have these items, but that doesn't mean you can't be "rich" in a sense in another manner (i.e: saving that newborn with hydrocephalus or allowing a grandparent to see their grandchildren once again). Medicine will make you rich in the latter, not the former (but hey, it could if you get a 270 on the board and match plastics lol).

Nice car OP. Sorry for the sidetrack.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #39
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lined View Post
Calm down there. M3 speaking from experience here. By the time you graduate from medical school (unless you have a cheap in state option) you will have enough in loans to cover the 2 i8s. Add on the interest and you can cover 2 i8s and the Lambo in money you will be paying back. Needless to say, medicine is NOT a gateway to the OPs garage. Medical school is very arduous beginning with M1 when they throw you in that anatomy lab and tell you start memorizing the brachial plexus or when you take path during M2 or when you have 4am-7pm days on surgery with a Shelf you have to study for when you get home, you will realize this. Also, please don't go around telling people you are pre-med lol.

The OP obviously did very well for him or herself financially to have these items, but that doesn't mean you can't be "rich" in a sense in another manner (i.e: saving that newborn with hydrocephalus or allowing a grandparent to see their grandchildren once again). Medicine will make you rich in the latter, not the former (but hey, it could if you get a 270 on the board and match plastics lol).

Seconded, its a LONG time before you start making an appreciable amount of disposable income and that's if you're single. If you've got a wife and kids, its even longer. That doesn't mean it's not worth it, just that it takes a while to get going. My best-friend is a 2nd year surgical resident. His grandparents have paid most of his way through school (LUCKY!) and he was forced to get a new car when his 2002 Mustang finally died. He wanted something "sporty" and the best thing he could swing was a VW Golf...and he said he won't be able to afford anything nicer for a good half decade. Medicine is LONG path to stable, in-demand employment not a get rich quick plan. Engineering on the other-hand is a fairly quick path. My chemical engineering friends were making $120k+ straight out of college, maybe $50-60k in debt thanks in in-state tuition.

Last edited by Carac; 11-11-2014 at 07:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #40
MghtyPtrck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lined View Post

I guess the members here like to try to shit on people's goals lol. I guess I should just quit and Drive my i3 into a brickwall because aspiring to be a doctor is just looked down upon these days.

I joined this BMW forum Bc we share a common interest. I commented how I hoped my future would look as bright as OPs is on a (car ownership level) and I get a bunch of haters about what I said. Lol seems like I said my career goals was to bag groceries.

what is it that makes you so angry? speaking from experience? you's a doc playa?
you think bc i made a comment about pre-med in relation to exotic cars got you all butt hurt? you think i'm in it to rake in money and i don't care about the actual purpose of being a doctor or in medicine?

That was what... my second post on this forum and you think you've got me pinned?

Last edited by MghtyPtrck; 11-11-2014 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #41
MghtyPtrck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carac View Post
Seconded, its a LONG time before you start making an appreciable amount of disposable income and that's if you're single. If you've got a wife and kids, its even longer. My best-friend is a 2nd year surgical resident. His grandparents have paid most of his way through school (LUCKY!) and he was forced to get a new car when his 2002 Mustang finally died. He wanted something "sporty" and the best thing he could swing was a VW Golf...and he said he won't be able to afford anything nicer for a good half decade. Medicine is LONG path to stable, in-demand employment not a get rich quick plan. Engineering on the other-hand is a fairly quick path. My chemical engineering friends were making $120k+ straight out of college, maybe $50-60k in debt thanks in in-state tuition.
Okay, and?

I make a general statement and you guys think you know me and what my situation is based on people you know!

Am I suppose to apologize or change my career goals because what I am trying to become "won't" have a quick monetary return? Compared to the people you know or whatever you do?

L O L

And stop bringing up people you know... this is the internet.

I think my i3 will last me awhile.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #42
Ghetto2315
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' BMW i8

Garage List
Well then...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #43
Analog Imports
Addict
Rep
Drives: EBII 335 6MT

IMO, if you go through all that schooling to be a doc, it's because you have a striving passion to help people. The money is secondary. But what do I know...I'm just a doctor.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #44
The long haul
Hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Maserati Ghibli, E92m, FTR

Garage List
Quote:
Okay, and?

I make a general statement and you guys think you know me and what my situation is based on people you know!

Am I suppose to apologize or change my career goals because what I am trying to become "won't" have a quick monetary return? Compared to the people you know or whatever you do?

L O L

And stop bringing up people you know... this is the internet.

I think my i3 will last me awhile.
Calm down there sparky.
Nobody is here to smash your dreams and call you a pauper. What people are trying to tell you is all that college debt can and WILL crush you. I commend your aspirations on becoming a doctor, I had thought about it early on but to be honest long term college wasn't for me. I was convinced I would go without college and it's taken along time for me with what little college I have and mine was useless but that's another story.
Goals are important, but small goals brother. Cars like this are very expensive, and it takes years to earn it. Your time will come... But not before you've worked several years to pay your debts and earn it.
I'm not a doctor, an my career doesn't carry a botique name like doctor, but after working my ass off, I've been humbled and earned what I have. Can I afford a Lamborghini? Not comfortably, but with more work, yes. It's all about one thing...
How bad do you want it, and how hard will you work to achieve it. If a couple post on a forum hurt your feelings that bad, you WONT earn it, period. Not trying to be a dick, but you gotta brush that shit off and prove people wrong when you own a home and have the keys to that car.

Anyway OP, awesome garage you have, you've obviously done well for yourself, therefore, big congrats from me. That huracan is amazing. I've tried tellin myself I'd love to buy the i8 because how gorgeous it is, but I can't get past the price for a 3cyl. But it does have it's market place and I do love it.
Enjoy in good health, Doc.
Appreciate 0