If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Is this legal? Long...

Hey All-
Im hoping someone on here is a lawyer, or a cop lol.. I know every state is different, but if anyone has experience in Cali, let me know.
Ok so this is the 2ND time this has happened..

Situation #1- St patty's day, my bf, his friends and i go down to Pacific Beach (bunch of clubs/bars/restaurants). Im the DD (dont really drink), and we wait an hour in line and finally get to the door. The bouncer checks my ID, and then asks me 28073827 questions, i answer every one correctly, and he has me sign my signature (same license from 16). I was nervous, so i guess i signed differently .. but its been almost 6 yrs, of course i sign differently. He doesnt believe its me and takes my ID away, and tells me to go find a cop and so i did, and basically the cop says your shit outta luck, you surrendered the ID, have to go to the police department to try and get it back. It took A WEEK before i was able to track my license down, the dectetive came to my work and had me sign my name again.. Finally i got it. After MUCH frustration.. I call the owner of the place, he tells me sorry for the inconvience, ill give you free drinks/dinner. He never calls back.

Situation #2- Last night my girlfriends and i wanted a girls nite out. We go to the same place *i havent gone since st patty's day*, and i brought my passport/license/credit card. We get to the door and the bouncer starts questioning me again. He checks my passport and doesnt believe its me again (he said my bone structure is totallly diff, and my face is thinner, ...etc). This time he takes BOTH license and passport. I was FURIOUS, and im sure i sounded like a drunk sailor.. I let the curse words fly haha.. I told him to find me a police officer, cause im not leaving w/out 1 form of id.. how the hell am i going to use a credit card? go to the bank?..etc. I said arrest me cause im not leaving..
The cops finally come, and we begin the process of checking my background info..etc. He asks me if ive ever had a ticket, i told him no, he says.. r u sure? i said yes, and he said.. hmm says u have one here (ive never had a ticket, maybe they were tryin to get me to crash). Then he asked me all the cars ive owned, i told him AND i told him every license plate of every car i own (i have a good memory lol). He said out of the 15 yrs hes been working in PB, im 1 out of 2 ppl that have said their license plate on all cars. So all this time the bouncer is trying to convince the cops its not me. I showed him everything in my wallet from blockbuster cards, insurance, school id, ..u name it. After fighting for over an hour, the cop decides to give me just the passport back because i was so adament/stubborn. So i had to go to the dmv this morning and apply for a new license and picture (4 weeks till i get it), there goes a stupid $20, and i cant go/do anything w/ only a passport. Im never going back there again, and im a girl, sometimes i wear my hair straight, curly, wavy, ..etc. how am i supposed to have a new pic everytime i go out?

Sorry this is so long, but can they just take away my id and after all the proof i had... Ugh SO pissed.
      08-26-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
bmw330ipty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Porsche Cayenne

wow, what a pain in the ass to go through all that procedure!!.... i wouldnt ever go back there again
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 12:13 PM   #3
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Damn Bella, that is a LONG post!!!
I don't suppose I would have frquented that joint a second time, but nonetheless I'm glad you stood your ground. I can't believe it's legal for bouncers to take people's IDs just like that. You must look VERY young!!!!!

Maybe you should post some pics so us posters can judge if the bouncer was way off or not!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
Damn Bella, that is a LONG post!!!
I don't suppose I would have frquented that joint a second time, but nonetheless I'm glad you stood your ground. I can't believe it's legal for bouncers to take people's IDs just like that. You must look VERY young!!!!!

Maybe you should post some pics so us posters can judge if the bouncer was way off or not!!!
LoL- i warned u it was long..hehe

Well i do look young, but the main issue he said was that my bone structure is different. I guess thats PUBERTY!.. i know i needed a new pic, but almost everyone i show, says no doubt thats you. I had curly long hair, and now i have short straight hair.. but you can tell from the eyes/smile/weight/height that its me. I think there is some hidden contract that the bouncers/police have. They make money off confiscating Id's. I let them have it though.. everyone in line was watching this telling me to not give up haha.. I told every bouncer he was prob some college dropout who got a job down here to look at hot chicks and feel like he has some kind of power in his life... and among a few other words i cant post.
      08-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #5
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

My friend's id was consficated too.....coming from Tijuana....cause he was a little drunk. I don't know if that was reasonable....but they let us through.....so we were okay with it. Like you say.......another $20 for a new id.
      08-26-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Well, I think you have nailed the hammer on the head in regards to "who becomes a bouncer"....
Did you ask the cops at the time if bouncers are entitled to steal IDs???

Last edited by StewtheBassman; 08-26-2005 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #7
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
Well, I think you have nailed the hammer obn the head in reagrds to "who becomes a bouncer"....
Did you ask the cops at the time if bouncers are entitled to steal IDs???
This is what i dont understand.. the first time it happened. I spoke w/ an officer that wasnt involved in the situation (he was dining at my restaurant). He said no they cant do that.. Then i talked to another officer who said yes they can.. if the bouncer has any doubt, he can take the ID away. The officers last night said they are entitled to confiscate ID's, and you must track your id back by going through the vice department of the sdpd- the vice detective doesnt give a rat's ass who you are.. He takes his sweet time, and i had to go through everything from finger printing to proving the detective it was me at my OWN restaurant infront of my mom and grandma hhaah.. dont these guys have something better to do???
      08-26-2005, 12:32 PM   #8
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Go back to the club....find out what car he drives...and slash a couple of the tires..........then you'll sleep better.
      08-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #9
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Wow, that's horrible...I don't understand why he thought you would have gone through the trouble of manufacturing all of that stuff? A credit card, school ID, passport, BB card?.....that guy has issues, maybe he is just mad at life right now or something.

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #10
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Wow, that's horrible...I don't understand why he thought you would have gone through the trouble of manufacturing all of that stuff? A credit card, school ID, passport, BB card?.....that guy has issues, maybe he is just mad at life right now or something.
Exactly.. if it was a fake id, i wouldnt give a shit, id let them keep it, and move on...
But considering i was fighting and fighting.. why would i want to go through that to just keep a fake id.
I dont get it.... I should be a cop so i can be a bitch to whoever i want/whenever i want. :finger:
      08-26-2005, 12:47 PM   #11
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
So i guess my 22nd bday is gonna be at chuck-e-cheese... anyone down?! lol....
      08-26-2005, 01:28 PM   #12
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I like pizza, that is so crazy I cant believe the cop took your DL. That would never happen in NJ. Dont they have bar codes or something high tech on them to check if they are real. Some places (high end) in NJ have a machine that they run your DL through and it shows a picture of your face and all your info. The only was a cop would take it in NJ is if it was a fake. I would have gone to the police dept and demanded to talk to a capt or sgt. Sorry!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 01:30 PM   #13
romeo26
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e30 325 (no lette)

i second that slash tires comment!!!
shoot i never got my id token away eventhough its my friends that looks like me. i am only 19. i tend to like the 21 and over clubs better then the 18 and over. too many people are immature at the 18 and over clubs(most of them arnt even 18). was the bouncer the same both times? if it is i think he likes you and the only way to get a pic of you is to take your id!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #14
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw

November 28th, we'll be there!!!!!!!!!!

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 03:18 PM   #15
Kao BMW
iLOVE90
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Since this a E90 forum, i think it's appropriate to say, "Bella, just run him over with you 325..." but again, why waste gas, energy, and risk denting the hood on that sucker...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 03:34 PM   #16
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Bella, r u a spy from russia?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #17
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

was the bouncer short????

sounds like he had a complex

maybe you should follow the wise ways of budweiser and get a born on date tattood on yourself
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 05:12 PM   #18
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

That doesn't make any sense. I know there are some tougher laws out in Cali than there are here in PA, but that doesn't make any sense! How can they just take your license. Don't they have "driving without a license" laws out there? If you drove, how were you supposed to get home? How are you supposed to go anywhere without a license if you have to wait 4 weeks for a new license?

I would have kicked this guy in the balls and grabbed my license and got out of dodge...no matter how big he was!

I can understand they probably want to crack down of fake IDs, but there are better ways to do it these days. They have those electronic thingies. And especially since you had other forms of ID with your name on them like CCs and a passport, what did he think...you stole someone's purse?

If I were you, I'd write a letter to the editor of your paper, or call come consumer action line for a local TV station and tell them your story and get these guys in trouble.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 05:29 PM   #19
MonacoBlueNJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 330i

It is definately not legal for a bouncer to take anything of yours...he is not a police officer and has no special training or authority to take anything of yours. Couldn't your b/f have confronted the bouncer to get your license back?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2005, 06:11 PM   #20
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
The bouncers were actually kinda short hah. But there was like 6 of them, and they all looked at me, looked at my license about 1000x. As for scanners, yes we have them.. BUT, it makes no difference in my situation because they're reasoning was the fact that i was using a different girls VALID license. So yes, it would have scanned legit, but they think it was my sister or a friend. I told them i have 3 older brothers.. SO, that wasnt logical. And i had my wallet w/ SO many cards that had my name on it, but yet, they said.. well u could have taken this girls wallet also. The cop told me its ok for me to drive w/out a license, if i get pulled over, they will check my info and see that it was taken away, and id recieve a "fix it" ticket. WHAT THE F!? So basically pay for more shit when i am NOT at fault.
The first time this happened to me, i did email the local news guy who handles all the wrongly accused cases or whatever, and they actually told me they were going to keep my case in file.. So I should email him again.
Once i told the cops every single license plate of every car i owned, they knew it was me, but they rather make me go throu all this shit, than admit they were wrong.
      08-28-2005, 12:53 AM   #21
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueNJ
It is definately not legal for a bouncer to take anything of yours...he is not a police officer and has no special training or authority to take anything of yours. Couldn't your b/f have confronted the bouncer to get your license back?
It was girls nite. NO bf's allowed hehe..

Trust me, if he was there, we would have both gotten arrested.
      08-28-2005, 12:56 AM   #22
NaTuReB0Y