Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

03-24-2020, 02:42 PM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
China's actions have been very concerning for a while. I recently read that a very wealthy Chinese businessman has recently gone missing after harshly criticizing China's leader for the way he has handled the virus situation. I know we dont have any hard facts to support it, but I think we all know what happened to him
Indeed . And in North Korea with the crazy fat boy ...It's even worse !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
apexit41230.50
M5Rick58879.50
      03-24-2020, 02:50 PM   #24
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
ironically maybe that fat boy's country is the safest place nowadays...
probably not though..
      03-24-2020, 04:45 PM   #25
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
is that business man Jack Ma?
the one Elon Musk talked with..
No, Jack Ma is a different person. The guy I was talking about is Ren Zhiqiang. Apparently he was also a member of China's ruling Communist Party, which I suspect played a part in his disappearance. From what I have seen, Xi Jinping is very conscious about his public appearance. Any public and open criticism directed at him wouldn't sit well with him.

On the topic of Jack Ma, he is the co-founder of Alibaba. I watched an interesting video of how he got to where he is today. Worth a watch if you have 15 minutes to spare:

Appreciate 3
yco5722.50
M5Rick58879.50
      03-24-2020, 04:49 PM   #26
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
I cant even imagine what it must be like in North Korea with this pandemic. Considering how tough it normally is to get in NK, I wonder if they have been successful in keeping the virus away. The "kingdoms" isolation may potentially turn out to be a benefit for its citizens this time.

Actually, now I'm wondering if its citizens know about the pandemic considering the strict control NK has over the media and internet.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
      03-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #27
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I cant even imagine what it must be like in North Korea with this pandemic. Considering how tough it normally is to get in NK, I wonder if they have been successful in keeping the virus away. The "kingdoms" isolation may potentially turn out to be a benefit for its citizens this time.

Actually, now I'm wondering if its citizens know about the pandemic considering the strict control NK has over the media and internet.
From what I heard is that North Korean smugglers travel over the mountains to get smuggled goods from the Chinese .
Well my friend , I'm pretty sure you know what I mean ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
apexit41230.50
M5Rick58879.50
      03-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #28
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Quote:
I like Sainz, but I'd prefer if Ferrari signed Ricciardo

Will be interesting to see if Vettel gets dropped by Ferrari and, if so, if he decides to ride around the mid pack in a midfield team or if he decides to end his F1 career. I can't imagine he'd enjoy not having a chance to win. And a demotion down the field would make it almost impossible to get back up to a top team.
Vettel is Ferrari's number 1 pick. So Ferrari will not drop him but he might drop them. McLaren with a Mercedes engine in 2021 (or is it 2022 now?) With the change in rules may not be a midfield team.
Just read that McLaren will be allowed to modify their chassis to fit the Mercedes engine. Apparently the chassis design is to be frozen for next year to help teams save costs, so they had to be granted this permission.

https://www.racefans.net/2020/03/24/...es-power-unit/

I have to say, it's quite refreshing to see how the teams seem to be working together during this pandemic. Usually there's much opposition to just about any request any team makes.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      03-24-2020, 05:54 PM   #29
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

From what I heard is that North Korean smugglers travel over the mountains to get smuggled goods from the Chinese .
Well my friend , I'm pretty sure you know what I mean ...
Haha, indeed they do
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
      03-24-2020, 10:17 PM   #30
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

03-25-2020, 03:44 AM   #31
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:

I was wondering that also,the news may be heavily filtered in NK not to cause consternation among it's people.
I know there is at least one 'concentration camp' there for anyone who steps out of line with the general mental attitude.
Appreciate 2
      03-25-2020, 06:20 AM   #32
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I was wondering that also,the news may be heavily filtered in NK not to cause consternation among it's people.
I know there is at least one 'concentration camp' there for anyone who steps out of line with the general mental attitude.
I think its safe to say NK has many more camps like that around the country

China actually has built a few camps like that in its western provinces. The only difference is that they are building them specifically for the ethnic Uighur population and doing everything to keep the project secret.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
      03-25-2020, 08:07 AM   #33
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:

China actually has built a few camps like that in its western provinces. The only difference is that they are building them specifically for the ethnic Uighur population and doing everything to keep the project secret.
and yeah more than 20k of them are in Istanbul nowadays and some of them cant even speak about the days in those camps.. they burst into tears...
      03-25-2020, 10:14 AM   #34
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

We may get our spoilers,wings,ceramic coating and the very many other things from China but it's unsettling to know the hidden side of real life there.
What particularly shocks me is just 2 babies allowed for each family.If more than two in family then they are are terminated when born in hospital.
Appreciate 2
      03-25-2020, 12:17 PM   #35
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
We may get our spoilers,wings,ceramic coating and the very many other things from China but it's unsettling to know the hidden side of real life there.
What particularly shocks me is just 2 babies allowed for each family.If more than two in family then they are are terminated when born in hospital.
China ? Well.As you can see my friend ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
apexit41230.50
      03-25-2020, 12:29 PM   #36
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Cat..LOL
The others are just potty, the one with a rubbish bag all over himself could suffocate himself more than catch C-19.

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
apexit41230.50
      03-25-2020, 01:39 PM   #37
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
With no F1 we can detract a little,how is your M3 is it out the garage yet, the weather is better and warmer.
I was applying ceramic coating I just received to my M wheels so I can rinse the dust off without washing them by hand.
If you have a moment, I'd be interested in knowing how easy that ceramic coating is to apply and how well it works. A simple rinse to get brake dust off would be super convenient!
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58879.50
      03-25-2020, 01:52 PM   #38
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
If you have a moment, I'd be interested in knowing how easy that ceramic coating is to apply and how well it works. A simple rinse to get brake dust off would be super convenient!
I got the ceramic coating in blue bottle from China and for sure handle it with latex gloves on.
Get the wheels clinically clean, dry preferably in sunny weather then just apply the transparent fluid like normal polish all over, before you do though repair any kerb marks you may have.I had a little alloy crazing on one wheel in the middle.Removed the BMW wheel cap and sanded down to alloy and finished with wire wool.Three quick shots of just clear lacquer and like new.
Go to the M5 Forum then Cosmetic Maintenance,you'll see the pics there.
Appreciate 1
apexit41230.50
      03-25-2020, 03:09 PM   #39
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
I got the ceramic coating in blue bottle from China and for sure handle it with latex gloves on.
Get the wheels clinically clean, dry preferably in sunny weather then just apply the transparent fluid like normal polish all over, before you do though repair any kerb marks you may have.I had a little alloy crazing on one wheel in the middle.Removed the BMW wheel cap and sanded down to alloy and finished with wire wool.Three quick shots of just clear lacquer and like new.
Go to the M5 Forum then Cosmetic Maintenance,you'll see the pics there.
Found it, looks good! The bottle looks a little generic. Would you have any reservations about applying it to the paint? Or would you stick to using this particular brand only on the wheels?
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
      03-25-2020, 04:32 PM   #40
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
With no F1 we can detract a little,how is your M3 is it out the garage yet, the weather is better and warmer.
I was applying ceramic coating I just received to my M wheels so I can rinse the dust off without washing them by hand.
I'm using only the products from Wolfgang => https://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/productline.html
For my Novillo leather only the Leatherique rejuvinator oil => http://www.leatherique.com/products.html

Negative my friend . As you know for the moment I'm too busy at work with the new projects .
Today I worked 12 + hours . And with the virus I can't drive it . I have that that special paper (permission) to drive to my work only . And if I took the M to drive to my work it's about 20-25 min. But I have to cross 14 traffic lights and very likely hidden mobile speed cams .

It's like driving like an F* idiot . That's why I'm waiting when the virus is gone and to get 2-3 days off from work .
Then the time has come on a sunny day to drive her through the Ardennes through the forests and the countless curves without traffic and speedcams and bounce against the rpm limiter and my topspeed limiter is removed as well..
In the evening I always pull over at a fancy restaurant , but as you know everything is closed by the virus (hope that will change ASAP)
That's what she wants from me...

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58879.50
apexit41230.50
      03-25-2020, 05:11 PM   #41
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I'm using only the products from Wolfgang => https://www.wolfgangcarcare.com/productline.html
For my Novillo leather only the Leatherique rejuvinator oil => http://www.leatherique.com/products.html

Negative my friend . As you know for the moment I'm too busy at work with the new projects .
Today I worked 12 + hours . And with the virus I can't drive it . I have that that special paper (permission) to drive to my work only . And if I took the M to drive to my work it's about 20-25 min. But I have to cross 14 traffic lights and very likely hidden mobile speed cams .

It's like driving like an F* idiot . That's why I'm waiting when the virus is gone and to get 2-3 days off from work .
Then the time has come on a sunny day to drive her through the Ardennes through the forests and the countless curves without traffic and speedcams and bounce against the rpm limiter and my topspeed limiter is removed as well..
In the evening I always pull over at a fancy restaurant , but as you know everything is closed by the virus (hope that will change ASAP)
Yeah fully understand, best to keep it primed for when this C-19 is over,hopefully sooner rather than later.
Appreciate 2
      03-25-2020, 05:16 PM   #42
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Found it, looks good! The bottle looks a little generic. Would you have any reservations about applying it to the paint? Or would you stick to using this particular brand only on the wheels?
It's made for all car paint and lacquer so no problem with putting on my wheels.
If using on bodywork they say apply to 20cm squares at a time.
Appreciate 2
      03-26-2020, 11:51 AM   #43
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Your top speed limiter is removed I did see the speedo reading on another page.Mine is at the 155 limit I think unless previous owner tinkered with it but 155 would be my max anyway.
There are tweak firms here that could remove that and with some more tweaks the car would prob reach around 186 mph,(300km,h) about the maximum limit for the Y rated tyres.
Appreciate 2
      03-26-2020, 12:34 PM   #44
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Your top speed limiter is removed I did see the speedo reading on another page.Mine is at the 155 limit I think unless previous owner tinkered with it but 155 would be my max anyway.
There are tweak firms here that could remove that and with some more tweaks the car would prob reach around 186 mph,(300km,h) about the maximum limit for the Y rated tyres.
Yeah . Mine was removed with my custom tune . Mike Benvo did a great job . I don't drive it like crazy . But at that moment I thought OK. why not...
There are moments in summer that I push it really hard .

The DCT software upgrade was a big improvement as well.Because I had the second gear lag .
My BMW/Dealer was not able to fix it , while they tried it 4 times . Mike said : Sure I can fix that and after the sofware upgrade my DCT shifted really smooth , but also a lot faster .
Honestly I would do it again in a heartbeat

Appreciate 2
apexit41230.50
M5Rick58879.50