Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Alonso could race for Ferrari... in August??

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10907272...lencia--report

Quote:
The Spanish sports newspaper Diario AS believes it is possible that Fernando Alonso will replace Felipe Massa at the forthcoming European grand prix.

The Italian team is currently contemplating a replacement for 28-year-old Massa, who is recovering in Budapest from head injuries sustained during a qualifying incident last Saturday.

Alonso had already been linked with a move to Ferrari in 2010 or beyond, and he is suddenly now without a cockpit for his second home race after his team Renault was issued a one-race ban for an incident during the Hungarian grand prix.

The AS report claims that, by incurring the penalty, Renault - which intends to appeal the verdict - broke a "basic commitment" enshrined in Alonso's contract; that the French carmaker must offer the two-time world champion a cockpit at every grand prix in 2009.
This would be something to watch for sure!
      07-27-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Wow! This would be great. As much of a fan of Button, Vettel, and Webber I am...I have been awaiting the day that Alonso would return to a team that can give him the support he needs to take the fight back to the front.
      07-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

I think he was going to Ferrari next year anyway regardless of the miss hap with Massa. I doubt he can leave Renault before the end of the season even considering that small loop hole, but if it does happen, it would sure be great. It was fun watching McLaren and Ferrari back at it this Sunday. Alonso at Ferrari would make for GREAT competition!!!
      07-27-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

This has fireworks written all over it...it'll also be interesting what Ferrari does with Kimi...it was rumor they'd pay 28mil to have him sit out from anyone else...they may just make him work for his money now...at least Massa is doing better and is awake and responding.
Appreciate 0