BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-14-2020, 05:14 PM   #111
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
We were also lucky that we have stores of TP already (my mother retired from P&G and insists on giving us some of her yearly allotment, and we don't use it so if she ever needs it in the future), and I'm a germaphobe, so I have plenty of hand sanitizer. For us, it's business as usual so far, other than the additional guns to keep them from being stolen.
I go to Costco once a month and buy one of those 48 packs and a big thing of Paper Towels so I'm good. And if I run out I'm pretty sure I can improvise something....honest to fuck people are losing their damn minds, this isn't a fuckin ebola pandemic.
Appreciate 1
scostu1623.00
      03-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #112
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

The stores are out of control. A lot of people are going to have months, of paper goods stock in the house. We will ALL get through this. God Bless.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 05:45 PM   #113
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Just curious what happens when someone wants to take/appropriate your goods? Given it’s Texas, my bias would say you’re prepared, but I’m betting a lot of the TP hoarders haven’t thought it through much.
I dunno, I was watching some YouTube videos the other day and learned 2 things about TX that surprised me. Not something I was expecting from TX. One they have yearly vehicle inspections and two this guy tried to get a custom plate that said "RVGUY" and apparently it was denied because of the word GUY. He called for clarification and they said something along the lines of the word guy (or any gender I guess) was offensive to some people blah blah. Really Texas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Clearly the crisis is affecting everyone's thinking. 70+ posts before someone pointed out the irony of OP reporting he bought hundreds of rolls of TP in a thread he started to highlight shortages of household goods.
The actual crisis seems to be the nutters buying up all the shit. I haven't even gone to the store. I don't know anyone who has been affected by this apocalyptic crisis in any way other than they can't buy normal shit they need.

Plus... why tp?? I can understand hand sanitizer, MAYBE medicine, canned food for the apocalypse... but tp? Any which way this shit plays out I don't see where tp would be of really any benefit to anyone. If you get sick tp wont help you, if you don't get sick, still don't need 100 rolls of tp, if the apocalypse come wtf are you gonna do with tp?
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3574.50
scostu1623.00
      03-14-2020, 05:53 PM   #114
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

My wife went out friday to get odds and ends that we needed, and no, not to hoard TP and Tuna fish. She called me at work and was telling me how nuts everyone was being and proceeded to ask me how much ammo I have. I told her a few thousand of this and that. She asked how about shotgun shells? I told her only a few, so she went and bought a case.

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 3
Nuckle2218.00
Salty Dog3574.50
kscarrol8907.50
      03-14-2020, 06:02 PM   #115
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I dunno, I was watching some YouTube videos the other day and learned 2 things about TX that surprised me. Not something I was expecting from TX. One they have yearly vehicle inspections and two this guy tried to get a custom plate that said "RVGUY" and apparently it was denied because of the word GUY. He called for clarification and they said something along the lines of the word guy (or any gender I guess) was offensive to some people blah blah. Really Texas??

The actual crisis seems to be the nutters buying up all the shit. I haven't even gone to the store. I don't know anyone who has been affected by this apocalyptic crisis in any way other than they can't buy normal shit they need.

Plus... why tp?? I can understand hand sanitizer, MAYBE medicine, canned food for the apocalypse... but tp? Any which way this shit plays out I don't see where tp would be of really any benefit to anyone. If you get sick tp wont help you, if you don't get sick, still don't need 100 rolls of tp, if the apocalypse come wtf are you gonna do with tp?
I think people are buying TP and other everyday items in case stores close or production stops for a period of time. Nothing more to it than that, but once the buying got going and shortages started it was like spraying lighter fluid on a fire.
      03-14-2020, 06:05 PM   #116
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
My wife went out friday to get odds and ends that we needed, and no, not to hoard TP and Tuna fish. She called me at work and was telling me how nuts everyone was being and proceeded to ask me how much ammo I have. I told her a few thousand of this and that. She asked how about shotgun shells? I told her only a few, so she went and bought a case.

Your wife is awesome!

I am still scratching my head over the toilet paper thing. Can people seriously not live without it? It is like the least of all my worries. Having a wife and teenage daughter feminine products were 50 levels above TP.
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00
      03-14-2020, 06:07 PM   #117
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Your wife is awesome!

I am still scratching my head over the toilet paper thing. Can people seriously not live without it? It is like the least of all my worries. Having a wife and teenage daughter feminine products were 50 levels above TP.
My wife said we should head up to Bass Pro tomorrow to stock up on Ammo, fuck the toilet paper.....god bless her.
Appreciate 2
Dpc2u11503.00
vreihen1615259.00
      03-14-2020, 06:09 PM   #118
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Quote:
Your wife is awesome!

My wife said we should head up to Bass Pro tomorrow to stock up on Ammo, fuck the toilet paper.....god bless her.
My family would be long and gone before I ran out of bullets. I have more than I could ever put down range before catching one in the dome.
Appreciate 4
Dpc2u11503.00
Salty Dog3574.50
vreihen1615259.00
      03-14-2020, 06:23 PM   #119
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Well I’ll be at the supermarket tomorrow when it opens at 6am for my weekly shopping. Not optimistic. A local shoprite had lines before opening this morning and shelves were bare. Will report back.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3574.50
      03-14-2020, 06:25 PM   #120
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My family would be long and gone before I ran out of bullets. I have more than I could ever put down range before catching one in the dome.
Cover and concealment, shoot and move baby.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 06:29 PM   #121
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Cover and concealment, shoot and move baby.
Yea I hear ya but how many rounds can you put down range before bad luck plays in. I "think" I have 10,000rds which means I probably have 15,000rds.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3574.50
      03-14-2020, 06:32 PM   #122
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yea I hear ya but how many rounds can you put down range before bad luck plays in. I "think" I have 10,000rds which means I probably have 15,000rds.
Theres a few different approaches, with 15,000 rounds you can spray and pray or hunker down and make them count. FWIW, once you start putting rounds down range I suspect most of the toilet paper hoarders will be running.....open a bottle of Jack and have at 'er.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 06:35 PM   #123
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Theres a few different approaches, with 15,000 rounds you can spray and pray or hunker down and make them count. FWIW, once you start putting rounds down range I suspect most of the toilet paper hoarders will be running.....open a bottle of Jack and have at 'er.
I like it! Honestly though I am very close to most of my immediate neighbors. If things got really bad all of them are coming here and bringing what they have. I can arm and supply ammo for enough to keep the street clean of non desirables.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3574.50
      03-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #124
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Does coronavirus make people crap more? I can't get toilet paper its always out!
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3574.50
scostu1623.00
      03-14-2020, 06:39 PM   #125
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I like it! Honestly though I am very close to most of my immediate neighbors. If things got really bad all of them are coming here and bringing what they have. I can arm and supply ammo for enough to keep the street clean of non desirables.
That's all you got to do, take care of your own piece of the planet.....I doubt any of my liberal neighbours have a gun or a fucking baseball bat for that matter, and I'm positive none of them has ever been punched, kicked or spat on....maybe on date night but that's not the same....y'all are going to be fine.
Appreciate 1
Nuckle2218.00
      03-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #126
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

If you actually need TP and are not succumbing to public panic...you can sign up for alerts on Amazon. They will e-mail you when it's back in stock and you should be able to order no problem.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3574.50
      03-14-2020, 07:04 PM   #127
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
If you actually need TP and are not succumbing to public panic...you can sign up for alerts on Amazon. They will e-mail you when it's back in stock and you should be able to order no problem.
That only works if you get an order in before the other 30 million people getting the same alert.
Salty Dog3574.50
      03-14-2020, 07:07 PM   #128
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
That only works if you get an order in before the other 30 million people getting the same alert.
I don't think you have to be very quick...my dad did it earlier and he's not exactly tech savvy enough to do it instantaneously. Maybe in some places it's like buying pre-sale Coachella tix though
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 07:21 PM   #129
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
If you can stomach the pricing and shipping cost, there is some good chicken here:

https://joyce-farms.com/

Most places you can order steak also sell chicken too.
Good tip... I had to succumb to some Salmon in the mean time
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 07:29 PM   #130
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
You can also order from grocery chain or big box chain delivery services a week or more out and they’ll reserve it out of incoming stock. Neighbor just did this since they’re legitimately low and have their kids coming back home in a few days.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 07:32 PM   #131
Nuckle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Quote:
You can also order from grocery chain or big box chain delivery services a week or more out and they’ll reserve it out of incoming stock. Neighbor just did this since they’re legitimately low and have their kids coming back home in a few days.
Anyone know how to score some hand sanitizer? We have 0 and can't find any.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 07:34 PM   #132
scostu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post

Idiots prepping like it's a CAT 5 Hurricane enroute!