Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-18-2020, 08:31 AM   #177
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

I am honestly excited for the weekend. I am going to get take out from local restaurants and my local brewery is doing to-go growlers. I am basically going to eat, drink and work on some projects around the house. I might actually finish my e9 project in the next few months.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 08:36 AM   #178
Spivy
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
why the specific year?
I guess it was mainly a price thing. Wanting an N55 but wanting to keep the price as low as possible. I expand the date range to the N54s but only would consider a well maintained one.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 08:40 AM   #179
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Just got the email that the gym is closed until April 1st. Dammit. The new years resolutioners were just starting to die down too. Guess I'll be getting creative at home.
yup! eventually gyms across the nation will all eventually be closed! think i'll just do a shit load of pushups until i can't feel my arms
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
Rmtt8211.00
      03-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #180
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Work, video games, 3d printing, learning new things to cook, and drinking tequila. Same shit I always do. I'm used to this whole "social distancing," been doing it my whole life.

I might break the Ducati out tomorrow, it'll be near 80 degrees, and the roads should be plenty empty.
Appreciate 2
      03-18-2020, 08:50 AM   #181
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Dude, this guy will deliberately sabotage production or anything else here for that matter. Two weeks ago, his supervisor jumped his ass for not doing his job. The next morning he filed an accident report stating that he hurt his back opening a valve two weeks prior. This basically created a recordable injury and cost everyone $350 on their safety metric for our quarterly bonus. In short, this guy will do whatever the hell he wants and if something is said to him, it screws everyone.

Yes, he should be fired but corporate will not allow it due to him suing us a few years ago.
That guy sounds like a candidate for a come to jesus conversation in the parking lot.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
      03-18-2020, 09:07 AM   #182
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
That guy sounds like a candidate for a come to jesus conversation in the parking lot.
Indeed. Oddly enough the guy respects me for some reason. I'm the only one in the building that will give him shit to his face. I've been warned by other people to be careful with how I handle him. I treat him just like I treat one of my kids. When the bullshit gets so deep that he needs to be told how full of shit he is, I have no problems doing it.

I ran into an issue with him a couple of weeks ago by asking him to perform a 5S audit in an area. Of course he went overboard and felt like this was a green light to start ordering people in that department around. When they came to me about it, I had a talk with him. He then went to finish his audits and gave a 0% score for each area. That's when I got back with him and audited each zone with him and made him give accurate scores followed by a "Stop acting like a damn child" conversation. I guess this is the luxury of my position. I have some clout, but not a manager, so I can speak with the employees in coaching type manner without getting the resentment that their supervisors do.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8211.00
Salty Dog3574.50
      03-18-2020, 10:08 AM   #183
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
I might break the Ducati out tomorrow
pics so i can live vicariously
Appreciate 1
Conissah1576.00
      03-18-2020, 11:28 AM   #184
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Oh man, we have a guy here that I would love for you to meet. The last tale I heard from him was how his left eye is robotic. Due to an unfortunate accident, when he was a pilot working for the government, that involved a bird flying through the windshield and making direct impact with his eye; they installed a robotic eye for him. Of course it was completely experimental and he isn't supposed to be talking about it, but it has infrared and zoom capabilities. He doesn't need binoculars anymore.....but wears glasses; guessing it's because his right eye can't adjust to the awesomeness of his left robotic eye.

Another employee told me recently that this particular employee recently lost his weather machine that he had built. Guys in black suits, in a black SUV arrived, unannounced on his property and just took it. Man I hope he finds those bastards. We, as a nation, can not have men in black suits confiscating our weather machines.
Holy cow.....you win!
      03-18-2020, 11:32 AM   #185
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Indeed. Oddly enough the guy respects me for some reason. I'm the only one in the building that will give him shit to his face. I've been warned by other people to be careful with how I handle him. I treat him just like I treat one of my kids. When the bullshit gets so deep that he needs to be told how full of shit he is, I have no problems doing it.

I ran into an issue with him a couple of weeks ago by asking him to perform a 5S audit in an area. Of course he went overboard and felt like this was a green light to start ordering people in that department around. When they came to me about it, I had a talk with him. He then went to finish his audits and gave a 0% score for each area. That's when I got back with him and audited each zone with him and made him give accurate scores followed by a "Stop acting like a damn child" conversation. I guess this is the luxury of my position. I have some clout, but not a manager, so I can speak with the employees in coaching type manner without getting the resentment that their supervisors do.
I have all the guys here come to me to vent as well. They know the conversation won't go any further, but they also know I call them out privately if it's needed.

Maybe it's a way of them looking for some feedback from someone in management who isn't going to judge them.
      03-18-2020, 11:43 AM   #186
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Speaking of conspiracy theories, I draw the line at a certain attack and how the government may have played a part in it.

Until then I've came to realize it could be interesting to hear others' opinions on stuff - like last night when (apparently) the V I R U S was made by the Chinese government in their BSL-4 labs and that this was all a plot to make sure the world is ready for a WW3, a "test drive" to see what would happen if shit really hit the fan
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #187
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Holy cow.....you win!
This is not a scenario that I want to be the victor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I have all the guys here come to me to vent as well. They know the conversation won't go any further, but they also know I call them out privately if it's needed.

Maybe it's a way of them looking for some feedback from someone in management who isn't going to judge them.
I'm thinking it's the same mentality on my end. They all know whatever is said to me, will stay with me. We already have far too many people, all too willing, to go find someone to discuss everyone else's business with.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      03-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #188
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Can't people be fucking responsible about the BS they spew?
Ironically, I was reading an old farts thread on another forum. They were laughing at this list of BS being circulated:

1) Get a blow dryer, set it on low and breathe in the warm air to kill the virus in your sinuses. (Humidity is believed to slow/stop the spread of similar seasonal viruses,)

2) Turn off your cell phone or disable 5G because the virus started in China right after they deployed 5G.

3) Drink only distilled water because it will kill the virus (no it just drains minerals from the body - reverse osmosis)

4) The government is letting this virus get out of control while they break encryption/passwords/security so they can monitor your emails and internet activity

5) Taking a colloidal silver solution will kill the virus in 48 hours (Jim Bakker - former PTL minister and prison inmate - his new survivalist ministry)

6) Oil of oregano prevents the disease...(some garlic, tomato sauce, and a few other ingredients and you have Marinara sauce)

7) Wearing a mask such as the ones you wear when drywalling or sanding that you can buy at a hardware store will protect you

8) The virus was released to discredit Trump before an election

9) Warm weather, a hot bath or shower or sitting in a sauna will kill the virus

10) China/Taliban/Dr. Evil released the virus to bring the US to its knees prior to a nuclear attack

11) The government is using it to invoke Marshall Law ( notice that it is the wrong one...should be Martial Law) to gain control of the country

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I HAVE TO WRITE THIS IN BIG LETTERS, BUT NONE OF THIS IS TRUE! JUST SHARING TO SHOW THE MASS STUPIDITY BEING CIRCULATED.....
King Rudi13154.00
      03-18-2020, 12:38 PM   #189
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Ironically, I was reading an old farts thread on another forum. They were laughing at this list of BS being circulated:

1) Get a blow dryer, set it on low and breathe in the warm air to kill the virus in your sinuses. (Humidity is believed to slow/stop the spread of similar seasonal viruses,)

2) Turn off your cell phone or disable 5G because the virus started in China right after they deployed 5G.

3) Drink only distilled water because it will kill the virus (no it just drains minerals from the body - reverse osmosis)

4) The government is letting this virus get out of control while they break encryption/passwords/security so they can monitor your emails and internet activity

5) Taking a colloidal silver solution will kill the virus in 48 hours (Jim Bakker - former PTL minister and prison inmate - his new survivalist ministry)

6) Oil of oregano prevents the disease...(some garlic, tomato sauce, and a few other ingredients and you have Marinara sauce)

7) Wearing a mask such as the ones you wear when drywalling or sanding that you can buy at a hardware store will protect you

8) The virus was released to discredit Trump before an election

9) Warm weather, a hot bath or shower or sitting in a sauna will kill the virus

10) China/Taliban/Dr. Evil released the virus to bring the US to its knees prior to a nuclear attack

11) The government is using it to invoke Marshall Law ( notice that it is the wrong one...should be Martial Law) to gain control of the country

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I HAVE TO WRITE THIS IN BIG LETTERS, BUT NONE OF THIS IS TRUE! JUST SHARING TO SHOW THE MASS STUPIDITY BEING CIRCULATED.....
I have been unfriending anyone that posts any of this stuff on facebook. Also did you hear Amazon is going to close down..?!!?1?!!?1!?1?/1
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615242.50
MKSixer34184.50
      03-18-2020, 12:49 PM   #190
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Another employee told me recently that this particular employee recently lost his weather machine that he had built. Guys in black suits, in a black SUV arrived, unannounced on his property and just took it. Man I hope he finds those bastards. We, as a nation, can not have men in black suits confiscating our weather machines.
I actually have a true story about this very topic.

I was testing a pre-production new type of weather station sensor for a company a few years ago as a side gig, and was under NDA. The device was on a 33-foot tall pole in my back yard, and looked nothing like any of my other weather stations. One of my neighbors saw it from the street while he was walking past our house, and asked me what it was. Since I was under NDA, I couldn't tell the truth. I told him that two guys in a white van with federal government plates pulled up a few days earlier, and asked me if they could covertly install a device on a pole in my yard for a few weeks. I have no idea what it is, but I think that I overheard them saying something about spying on someone's wifi.

To add credibility to my story, I went into the house after this conversation and spun up a new wifi network open SSID named "NSA_WIFI_SNIFFER" onto a black-holed network port.

Strangely, nobody has taken my weather machine...or tried to poach my wifi since then.....
Rmtt8211.00
      03-18-2020, 01:01 PM   #191
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
I actually have a true story about this very topic.

I was testing a pre-production new type of weather station sensor for a company a few years ago as a side gig, and was under NDA. The device was on a 33-foot tall pole in my back yard, and looked nothing like any of my other weather stations. One of my neighbors saw it from the street while he was walking past our house, and asked me what it was. Since I was under NDA, I couldn't tell the truth. I told him that two guys in a white van with federal government plates pulled up a few days earlier, and asked me if they could covertly install a device on a pole in my yard for a few weeks. I have no idea what it is, but I think that I overheard them saying something about spying on someone's wifi.

To add credibility to my story, I went into the house after this conversation and spun up a new wifi network open SSID named "NSA_WIFI_SNIFFER" onto a black-holed network port.

Strangely, nobody has taken my weather machine...or tried to poach my wifi since then.....

That's fantastic!!! At my townhouse, one of my wifi names was ATF_TN_REMOTE.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 01:35 PM   #192
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

That's fantastic!!! At my townhouse, one of my wifi names was ATF_TN_REMOTE.
AWESOME!!

Renaming my wifi network tonight. Any suggestions?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      03-18-2020, 02:21 PM   #193
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

FBI_SURV_INT
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      03-18-2020, 02:33 PM   #194
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
AWESOME!!

FBI_VAN is usually my go to.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
King Rudi13154.00
      03-18-2020, 02:52 PM   #195
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I changed ours to this about a week ago.
dhec_surv
      03-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #196
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep

CDC_remotelab
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      03-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #197
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
"Connection Error" is my favorite.

At one point, the neighbor's 9-year-old kid was begging my wife for our wifi password. Not happening. Instead of calling the low-life parents (foreclosed on a few months later) who probably also wanted to poach our wifi, I changed the SSID to "Michael_lastname_is_a_wifi-thief" to let everyone in the neighborhood know......
      03-18-2020, 03:44 PM   #198
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
How am I passing my time this afternoon during day 5 of COVID-geddon? I'm sitting in my recliner, staring at the ceiling. If I hang a telescopic monitor arm with 2-3 displays and a keyboard shelf from the ceiling, I could sit in the recliner all day while I WFH.....
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50