Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Hyundai Entering Luxury Market

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=sidecar

"Hyundai Motor America is part of the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group, the largest car company in South Korea. With combined global sales of 3.7 million vehicles in 2005, a number it is likely to have matched or slightly surpassed when all of the figures are in for 2006, Hyundai Kia Automotive is now the sixth-largest car company in the world, ahead of Japanese rivals Nissan and Honda."
      04-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

Yeah...we all tend to remember the HORRIBLE Hyundai Pony's of yesteryear...but they have come a long way. In terms of value for money, the new Sonata is probably just as a good buy as a Camry or Accord...the resale value might not hold as much, but it doesn't cost as much to start...so you're probably not losing that much. The Sonata and the Azera have been well received by critics...

Hyundai has been building luxury cars for their domestic market for quite some time...so this doesn't come at a surprise. Their flagship model in Korea is known as the Equus. Take a look:

http://equus.hyundai-motor.com/Showr...Frontview.aspx

Of course, would I buy a FWD Korean car? No. RWD and German all the way baby! (Unless I can no longer afford it...then I might look into getting a used Japanese and MAYBE a Korean car).
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
Neil
The Designer
Rep
Drives: Nissan

I believe the new Hyundai Genesis is supposed to be rear wheel drive so there you go.
Appreciate 0