Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

01-10-2019, 11:18 PM   #2135
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

really annoying tonight with all the new year resolutioner's but WTH is with guys constantly on their phones between sets? I mean 60 sec rest periods in between sets and I notice these guys would be on their phone for at least 3-4 minutes? what the point of going to the gym? and than it seems like they're only here for social gathering? freakin' annoying when I see 5 high school kids just standing around the bench press when it seems like it takes 30 min for each one to get a set in with all the talking they do
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-10-2019, 11:54 PM   #2136
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

I head up to second floor to warm up on elliptical. I'm settling in to figure out which screen to watch as well as making a scope of the surrounding rat race

Suddenly my nipple-alert system starts wailing. Unique shape/structure. As my vision starts to zoom out I come to a gruesome revelation: MOOBS
      01-10-2019, 11:57 PM   #2137
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Wear your glasses grandpa
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 06:47 AM   #2138
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Judy you need to eat dinner man! Nutrition and sleep are the top prioty when attempting to lose weight, I would say actually getting to the gym would be only the third most beneficial thing that you can do. Especially if you're working out so late without any nutrition following, your body will basically go catabolic and when you run out of fuel it'll eat away at your muscles, meaning gains will be slow.

I'll be honest I swear by eating 3 eggs late night,around 9 I try to be heading to bed around 10-10:30 because I'm up at 5, almost every night. I actually will feel better in the morning if I had those eggs compared to not. If you're not into making things that late I would say a scoop of casein protein w/ water would suffice.

Sorry about the girl troubles, getting them motivated is tough. My girl was and is the same way, but once she finds something she truly wants to do she is guns blazing. Issue is finding what that is for individual people.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #2139
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Yikes, I'll take a read later when I have down time.

If it's a for good break up- good. Focus on yourself and many new females will walk into your life. And it will then be on you to see as many of these new gals naked
Appreciate it and good advice on the gym being my "me time." I'll make this the standard moving forward.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #2140
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
took a picture of how much weight he was squatting. very impressive like I said but why?

on a side note the gym was freakin' packed! so packed that all the equipment was literally being used. ever walk around wondering what to ef to do?
I like how you censored the top Maxx fitness clubzz logo but not the bottom one. Keep up the good work.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #2141
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
The most annoying thing currently at the gym is the girlfriend. After I joined she decided to join as well under the ole "We can work out together." If you did the girlfriend voice thing as you read that we can be friends.

We both get off work at 4:30 p.m. She lives 7 minutes from me exactly. Somehow it takes her 3 hours to go home and change into gym clothes and then meet me at my place. It is now getting to where it is almost 8:00 p.m. before we get to the gym. Mind you I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. She has also started this new thing where she mismanages her time so poorly throughout the day at her job that she doesn't eat lunch. I eat a lean lunch and don't eat dinner. After leaving the gym around 9:00 - 9:30 she is now hungry. Don't get me wrong I'd like to eat too but I'm also trying to drop an additional 30 pounds. I've tried explaining to her how pointless it is go do a bunch of cardio/weight resistance and then eat that late. My other biggest complaint is that I can leave work, go to the gym and have my entire workout finished before she even gets to my house. Due to the fact of getting to the gym so late, I have to cut my session in half because she is done after 20 minutes and although she doesn't complain, I can tell she gets frustrated having to wait on me to finish.

My gym partner is now causing me not to get the workout in that I want and I'm starting to resent her for it. Last night I made the comment that I may just start going right after work. Her response was "Well I hope it doesn't bother you if I go alone and not get to your house until late because I go later"

WTF, how do I tell her to manage her time more wisely and get her shit together without being an asshole or starting a fight? This could potentially end a 2 1/2 year relationship. I am not going to allow someone else's lack of planning or motivation to derail mine.
Tell her what time to meet you at the gym and don't wait for her. She will either lose motivation or start getting there on time. Or you can upgrade to a better girlfriend.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2019, 11:34 PM   #2142
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I like how you censored the top Maxx fitness clubzz logo but not the bottom one. Keep up the good work.
LOL I didn't notice that!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 11:36 PM   #2143
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate it and good advice on the gym being my "me time." I'll make this the standard moving forward.
that's a hard issue to solve Judy. trying to do what's best for you but also looking out for your lady's health too puts you in a predictament
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-11-2019, 11:44 PM   #2144
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

She gets on board or gets left behind
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #2145
HyeWarrior
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i DCT

Apparently she did get left behind lol.

Sorry to hear Judy, but do whats best for you and you only
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-13-2019, 05:51 PM   #2146
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
The most annoying thing currently at the gym is the girlfriend. After I joined she decided to join as well under the ole "We can work out together." If you did the girlfriend voice thing as you read that we can be friends.

We both get off work at 4:30 p.m. She lives 7 minutes from me exactly. Somehow it takes her 3 hours to go home and change into gym clothes and then meet me at my place. It is now getting to where it is almost 8:00 p.m. before we get to the gym. Mind you I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. She has also started this new thing where she mismanages her time so poorly throughout the day at her job that she doesn't eat lunch. I eat a lean lunch and don't eat dinner. After leaving the gym around 9:00 - 9:30 she is now hungry. Don't get me wrong I'd like to eat too but I'm also trying to drop an additional 30 pounds. I've tried explaining to her how pointless it is go do a bunch of cardio/weight resistance and then eat that late. My other biggest complaint is that I can leave work, go to the gym and have my entire workout finished before she even gets to my house. Due to the fact of getting to the gym so late, I have to cut my session in half because she is done after 20 minutes and although she doesn't complain, I can tell she gets frustrated having to wait on me to finish.

My gym partner is now causing me not to get the workout in that I want and I'm starting to resent her for it. Last night I made the comment that I may just start going right after work. Her response was "Well I hope it doesn't bother you if I go alone and not get to your house until late because I go later"

WTF, how do I tell her to manage her time more wisely and get her shit together without being an asshole or starting a fight? This could potentially end a 2 1/2 year relationship. I am not going to allow someone else's lack of planning or motivation to derail mine.
Yeah...9/10 times trying to work out with your gf is a terrible idea. What you described is pretty similar to my experiences with women at the gym. Lack of urgency, constantly tardy and unprepared, not focused, etc.

If I ever go work out with my gf, she does her thing in a different area, I do my own. She used to do this annoying thing where I’d be in the middle of my set with headphones on and I could see her in my peripheral view trying to have a conversation with me.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #2147
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Judy you need to eat dinner man! Nutrition and sleep are the top prioty when attempting to lose weight, I would say actually getting to the gym would be only the third most beneficial thing that you can do. Especially if you're working out so late without any nutrition following, your body will basically go catabolic and when you run out of fuel it'll eat away at your muscles, meaning gains will be slow.

I'll be honest I swear by eating 3 eggs late night,around 9 I try to be heading to bed around 10-10:30 because I'm up at 5, almost every night. I actually will feel better in the morning if I had those eggs compared to not. If you're not into making things that late I would say a scoop of casein protein w/ water would suffice.

Sorry about the girl troubles, getting them motivated is tough. My girl was and is the same way, but once she finds something she truly wants to do she is guns blazing. Issue is finding what that is for individual people.
I appreciate you saying this, but there is so much back and forth with what to do and what not to do regarding fitness. My goals are to lose 55 pounds first, then add some some muscle and definition. I'm 5'10' and weighed 211 pounds as of the first week of November. I wanted to shed the fat first as not to be one of those guys who always looks fat but is solid. I want to be lean not swole. I've talked to several people concerning my goals and how to get there and all the advice has been the same. Eat a good breakfast, eat a good lunch, eat clean, eat lean and lots of protein. I have also been told not to eat anything past 5:00. I do have whey protein before the gym and immediately after and I'm seeing results. The last time I was on a scale was about 2 weeks ago and I was at 186 pounds so I've lost 25 pounds in just a little over two months. I also realize that muscle weighs more than fat shich is why I don't weigh often. I don't want to be discouraged by what the scales say so I gauge my progress by using a mirror and how my clothes fit.

I do eat, but I do recognize that I need to be sleeping more. From what I understand by advice from friends and reading, it's a combination of eating better (i.e staying away from fried food, processed sugars, etc.) building lean muscle, cardio, less stress and plenty of sleep. On the weekends, due to my work schedule, I work out early in the morning and always eat some form of carbs and protein within 30 minutes after.

I'm also taking a test booster w/a fat burner and take fiber pills directly after eating every meal.

I'm very open to any advice that anyone has to offer.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 08:55 AM   #2148
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Yeah...9/10 times trying to work out with your gf is a terrible idea. What you described is pretty similar to my experiences with women at the gym. Lack of urgency, constantly tardy and unprepared, not focused, etc.

If I ever go work out with my gf, she does her thing in a different area, I do my own. She used to do this annoying thing where I’d be in the middle of my set with headphones on and I could see her in my peripheral view trying to have a conversation with me.
As of now I'm not sure what we are. I still care about her and we are still talking and whatnot. My gym time has now turned into me alone and being focused. The last two times that I was at the gym she was there. We spoke and are civil to each other, but our workouts are now done as separately as they can be. I will say that it annoys me to watch all the predator types eye-fucking her while she works out alone.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #2149
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I appreciate you saying this, but there is so much back and forth with what to do and what not to do regarding fitness.

Agree, its an industry built on lies

My goals are to lose 55 pounds first, then add some some muscle and definition. I'm 5'10' and weighed 211 pounds as of the first week of November. I wanted to shed the fat first as not to be one of those guys who always looks fat but is solid. I want to be lean not swole.

You really want to weigh 165? That's light man, like really light. If you're concerned and want solid muscle definition I would shoot for around 175lbs end game.

I've talked to several people concerning my goals and how to get there and all the advice has been the same. Eat a good breakfast, eat a good lunch, eat clean, eat lean and lots of protein. I have also been told not to eat anything past 5:00.

Good advice if losing fat is your main priority, but if you're attempting to maintain mass this will be difficult. I've done this in the past and I started to lose so much muscle that it become disheartening to remove my sweatshirt in the gym lmao (arms weren't small by comparison, but I could see myself deteriorating and just becoming weaker due to lack of nutrition).

I do have whey protein before the gym and immediately after and I'm seeing results. The last time I was on a scale was about 2 weeks ago and I was at 186 pounds so I've lost 25 pounds in just a little over two months.

Good, but real unprocessed sources of protein are also good alternatives, it doesn't need to be protein powder! But you did say you were working out late so it's definitely good that you're getting nutrition after that 5PM cutoff.

I also realize that muscle weighs more than fat shich is why I don't weigh often. I don't want to be discouraged by what the scales say so I gauge my progress by using a mirror and how my clothes fit.

Fact, and judging by your weightloss, 211-->186, without seeing you, you most likely lost some muscle during this time. Meaning you could probably benefit from increasing your macro intake. You're going about it the right way as far as judge by the mirror not the scale.

I do eat, but I do recognize that I need to be sleeping more. From what I understand by advice from friends and reading, it's a combination of eating better (i.e staying away from fried food, processed sugars, etc.) building lean muscle, cardio, less stress and plenty of sleep. On the weekends, due to my work schedule, I work out early in the morning and always eat some form of carbs and protein within 30 minutes after.

Nailed it. Although my lifts are usually more heavy weight/intermediate rep range intensive, keeping joint health in mind, I feel that this develops healthier fuller looking muscles over time. Good that you're getting the carbs in too, some do the keto diet where you cut carbs. I'll be honest if you're trying to gain or even maintain muscle with the keto regimen as a male it is very difficult. No carbs will drain you in the gym.

I'm also taking a test booster w/a fat burner and take fiber pills directly after eating every meal.

Blah, not about the test boosters, if you feel you need that go get a blood panel see your levels and make the decision with your doctor to pursue TRT or not. 95% of the time they, meaning test boosters, are placebo. Or you're unknowingly messing with your hormones (not necessarily a good thing unless you know what you're doing), you'd have to check the active ingredients. Fat burners are usually just huplah and caffiene, skeptical about these as well. Lol as you can tell I'm not a big supplment guy, only thing I take is preworkout, as I said the fitness industry is built on lies.
Well those are my opinions, but keep in mind everyones body/metabolism is different. Not one method works for everyone.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-15-2019, 12:28 PM   #2150
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Well those are my opinions, but keep in mind everyones body/metabolism is different. Not one method works for everyone.
Appreciate the input man!

I do plan to increase my caloric intake once I lose the fat that I want to get rid of and get serious about building mass; but I do not necessarily want to be big, just defined. I'll be eating more and more often, but when that time comes, I'll have more knowledge on lifting technique, reps and so on. This is my first go around of actually making the effort to get in better shape. I also realize that it's a marathon not a race and there are going to be a multitude of stages I go through. First step is that the fat has to come off and I'll keep chipping away at it until I make it so.

Last edited by King Rudi; 01-15-2019 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
JP102462.00
      01-15-2019, 12:32 PM   #2151
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
I appreciate you saying this, but there is so much back and forth with what to do and what not to do regarding fitness. My goals are to lose 55 pounds first, then add some some muscle and definition. I'm 5'10' and weighed 211 pounds as of the first week of November. I wanted to shed the fat first as not to be one of those guys who always looks fat but is solid. I want to be lean not swole. I've talked to several people concerning my goals and how to get there and all the advice has been the same. Eat a good breakfast, eat a good lunch, eat clean, eat lean and lots of protein. I have also been told not to eat anything past 5:00. I do have whey protein before the gym and immediately after and I'm seeing results. The last time I was on a scale was about 2 weeks ago and I was at 186 pounds so I've lost 25 pounds in just a little over two months. I also realize that muscle weighs more than fat shich is why I don't weigh often. I don't want to be discouraged by what the scales say so I gauge my progress by using a mirror and how my clothes fit.

I'm very open to any advice that anyone has to offer.
I'm 5'7 and a solid 203lbs right now but I feel like I could be a bit more swole. At your height you need to aim for a solid 180/185lb to look like you some what mean business.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-15-2019, 12:48 PM   #2152
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Appreciate the input man!

I do plan to increase my caloric intake once I lose the fat that I want to get rid of and get serious about building mass; but I do not necessarily want to be big, just defined. I'll be eating more and more often, but when that time comes, I'll have more knowledge on lifting technique, reps and so on. This is my first go around of actually making the effort to get in better shape. I also realize that it's a marathon not a race and there are going to be a multitude of stages I go through. First step is that the fat has to come off and I'll keep chipping away at it until I make it so.
I been at this for 20 years at the end of the day you need to devise a nutrition program and workout routine(s) that work for YOU. One guy I do like on Youtube is Athlean-X, he actually breaks down the science of what his is talking about; unlike most of the "bro scientists" out there. Check him out. You can definitely learn proper lifting technique from him.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #2153
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I been at this for 20 years at the end of the day you need to devise a nutrition program and workout routine(s) that work for YOU. One guy I do like on Youtube is Athlean-X, he actually breaks down the science of what his is talking about; unlike most of the "bro scientists" out there. Check him out. You can definitely learn proper lifting technique from him.
I'll check him out. Thank you!
Appreciate 1
Delta03117475.50
      01-15-2019, 06:02 PM   #2154
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

All kinda of gains in my eyes tonight! So SWOLE with all the scattered a** walking around. It's kinda funny to see a hot chick walk by only to see every guy stop what they're doing and we all look at the same time...you can hear a pin drop. Seriously I think my workouts are gonna suck this whole month

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 01-15-2019 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
xander_g964.00
      01-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #2155
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Just plan extra time for staring
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #2156
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Decided to try a single dead after my squat bench dead Wednesday night workout and got a solid 445. Looking for 1200 lb total by June
Appreciate 0