BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW i8 Forums BMW i8 General Discussion

08-27-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
dpdoughty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

2019 i8 Coupe White Lease Transfer Washington

I just got into a new lease at the end of May. Life events have happened and now I need to get out of it. I have 500 miles on the car. Its brand new...

Tinted at 24% (Washington Legal Limit)
Only other thing ive done is coded in the folding/unfolding mirrors, remote window down/up, and full screen carplay.

White with carbon fiber interior - black(grey) seats.

24 months/12k miles a year. 1306 payment before tax. (My payment comes out to 1600)

Let me know if youre interested and ill post pictures. Like I said the car is brand new. Still smells new.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 07:00 PM   #2
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
I'd recommend you add an incentive- that's a terrible deal compared to what can be had now a days.

Good luck to you and the bump for the sale
      08-28-2019, 08:48 PM   #3
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
I'd recommend you add an incentive- that's a terrible deal compared to what can be had now a days.

my dealership just quoted me $1k / month all in out the door on a new i8 with 2 miles.
why would I pay $1600 for a used one with 500 miles?
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2019, 08:52 PM   #4
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:

my dealership just quoted me $1k / month all in out the door on a new i8 with 2 miles.
Yeah, it's insane what these cars can be had for if people simply waited just a bit more for them.

Regardless, I understand OP and have been there too, life just sort of happens, and while it may feel like a loss at first (paying someone to get into the lease) it'll be less money in the long run than having the payments start stacking up.

OP- Hope whatever came up in your life isn't too bad, and again best of luck (and consider adding that incentive to get a buyer quicker)
      08-29-2019, 12:29 PM   #5
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

ditto

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Quote:

Yeah, it's insane what these cars can be had for if people simply waited just a bit more for them.

Regardless, I understand OP and have been there too, life just sort of happens, and while it may feel like a loss at first (paying someone to get into the lease) it'll be less money in the long run than having the payments start stacking up.

OP- Hope whatever came up in your life isn't too bad, and again best of luck (and consider adding that incentive to get a buyer quicker)
I echo that, OP sorry and I hope it gets better soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 01:10 PM   #6
dpdoughty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Quote:

Ended up getting rid of it with no incentive. Id love to know where I’m able to get it for around 1k a month for when life’s back on track and I’m able to get another one
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 02:08 PM   #7
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdoughty View Post
Quote:

Ended up getting rid of it with no incentive. Id love to know where I'm able to get it for around 1k a month for when life's back on track and I'm able to get another one
You won't be able to unless you find someone's lease take over wanting to get out of their 19 deal.

Those deals are long gone- the reason it happens is because of the obvious- supply>demand.

It's leveled out now and very few left- and I believe only 200 2020 models will be made and that's it for the i8.

However you can finance a 2016 i8 for around 60k which is fantastic and have a monthly payment of 800 bucks or so pending credit.