BMW i
Forum for the BMW i3, i4 and i8
BMW i3 BMW i8
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

  BMW i Forums > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #12431
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
8962
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Yeah, its a 2018 Lexus GS F. He just got all the aero install so he wanted to do a photoshoot. Hes got some more photos on his Instagram as well: https://www.instagram.com/rated__f/?hl=en

I'm also seeing either coilovers, RSR super downs or the F down springs on there as well. I'm not a big fan of red cars, but I'm digging his. Nice ride. Gonna scope his insta.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2019, 04:51 PM   #12432
thatBimmerBloke
Captain
thatBimmerBloke's Avatar
United_States
707
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i xDrive M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Yeah, its a 2018 Lexus GS F. He just got all the aero install so he wanted to do a photoshoot. Hes got some more photos on his Instagram as well: https://www.instagram.com/rated__f/?hl=en
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I'm also seeing either coilovers, RSR super downs or the F down springs on there as well. I'm not a big fan of red cars, but I'm digging his. Nice ride. Gonna scope his insta.
I've noticed Lexus (stock) usually has very minimum and well balanced wheel gaps, and the wheels also sit more flush than BMW at-least. Even on AWD models. Or is it just me?

Last edited by thatBimmerBloke; 11-11-2019 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2019, 10:36 PM   #12433
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
1475
Rep
3,311
Posts

Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF East Bay

iTrader: (0)


Top of the Roost by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8962.00

      11-15-2019, 01:15 PM   #12434
dcstep
Major General
United_States
1233
Rep
7,408
Posts

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.20]
Ed, nice environmental eagle shot.
__________________
Appreciate 1
Itsed651475.00

      11-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #12435
dcstep
Major General
United_States
1233
Rep
7,408
Posts

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.20]
Coyote Glances My Way In Fluffy Snow by David Stephens, on Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 4
M_Six4620.00
Itsed651475.00
King Rudi8962.00

      11-16-2019, 10:20 PM   #12436
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
1475
Rep
3,311
Posts

Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF East Bay

iTrader: (0)

With the Sony 24-105

Top of Burney by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 4
M_Six4620.00
allachie91161.00
King Rudi8962.00

      11-17-2019, 12:05 AM   #12437
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
4620
Rep
6,778
Posts

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Great colors, composition, and detail, Ed. Well done. It seems 24-105 is FL magic in any brand.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
Itsed651475.00

      11-18-2019, 02:13 PM   #12438
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
1475
Rep
3,311
Posts

Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF East Bay

iTrader: (0)

Looking at California from Oregon
Volcano Highway by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 4
M_Six4620.00
eagle_bmw160.00
Ickdeep5401.00

      11-19-2019, 12:41 AM   #12439
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
Ickdeep's Avatar
United_States
5401
Rep
4,141
Posts

Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Back when there was sunshine out

Appreciate 5
Itsed651475.00
allachie91161.00
King Rudi8962.00
jmg9535.00

      11-20-2019, 02:02 PM   #12440
dinanm3atl
Private First Class
90
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: M3 ZCP 70 Olds 442 F31 Diesel
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

_HP_8586 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr
__________________
MotorSports Photographer MotorSportMedia
2011 E90 M3 ZCP | 2015 F31 Diesel M Sport | 1970 Olds 442 | 2018 Mazda CX9
Appreciate 3
King Rudi8962.00
Ickdeep5401.00
Itsed651475.00

      11-20-2019, 02:12 PM   #12441
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
8962
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
I've noticed Lexus (stock) usually has very minimum and well balanced wheel gaps, and the wheels also sit more flush than BMW at-least. Even on AWD models. Or is it just me?
Not the case on the newer models, unless we are talking about RC-F's (especially the track edition - my heart skips a beat just typing it) or the LC500. This is my second IS350 and my Gen2 sat about an inch lower stock than my Gen3 does. It's known issue with these model that ultimately causes inner tire wear that results in 20k mile life tires. The only way to fix the set up is to drop it about an inch and half with a .05 toe-in. This squares the tires up properly on the road and prolongs tire wear. I'll be putting RSR downs and wheel spacers on mine in the spring to fix this and make it look meaner. I'm sure CAI and exhaust would probably fix this issue as well.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #12442
thatBimmerBloke
Captain
thatBimmerBloke's Avatar
United_States
707
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i xDrive M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Not the case on the newer models, unless we are talking about RC-F's (especially the track edition - my heart skips a beat just typing it) or the LC500. This is my second IS350 and my Gen2 sat about an inch lower stock than my Gen3 does. It's known issue with these model that ultimately causes inner tire wear that results in 20k mile life tires. The only way to fix the set up is to drop it about an inch and half with a .05 toe-in. This squares the tires up properly on the road and prolongs tire wear. I'll be putting RSR downs and wheel spacers on mine in the spring to fix this and make it look meaner. I'm sure CAI and exhaust would probably fix this issue as well.
Interesting, so older Lexus models sat lower with a better stance/less wheel gap? Why would they mess it up? I hope BMW wakes up and does something about the xDrive wheel gaps Also how would CAI and exhaust fix something like this?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 05:02 PM   #12443
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
8962
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
Interesting, so older Lexus models sat lower with a better stance/less wheel gap? Why would they mess it up? I hope BMW wakes up and does something about the xDrive wheel gaps Also how would CAI and exhaust fix something like this?
I think they tried to market to soccer moms with the Gen4's. They also made the car wider, longer and the back seat bigger. The back seat on the Gen3's was basically for show; unless you were a contortionist, no one is sitting in the back of one of those comfortably. CAI and exhaust wouldn't fix the tire wear or wheel gap, I was being facetious to justify spending the money on it. It's kinda funny for a car to be a quick as this one is and makes absolutely no noise when you get on it in sport+ mode.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 05:09 PM   #12444
thatBimmerBloke
Captain
thatBimmerBloke's Avatar
United_States
707
Rep
943
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i xDrive M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I think they tried to market to soccer moms with the Gen4's. They also made the car wider, longer and the back seat bigger. The back seat on the Gen3's was basically for show; unless you were a contortionist, no one is sitting in the back of one of those comfortably. CAI and exhaust wouldn't fix the tire wear or wheel gap, I was being facetious to justify spending the money on it. It's kinda funny for a car to be a quick as this one is and makes absolutely no noise when you get on it in sport+ mode.
haha, got it, you mean the sound issue I wasn't too happy with my stock 435ix exhaust either, even though it wasn't too bad, much content after installing the MPE. I do plan to install Bilstein B8 shocks with Eibach springs after this winter to get rid of the wheel-gap, it's tolerable in the rear but no so much in the front.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8962.00

      11-22-2019, 12:11 AM   #12445
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
Ickdeep's Avatar
United_States
5401
Rep
4,141
Posts

Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Reflection shot at work

Appreciate 3
      11-24-2019, 11:31 PM   #12446
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
1475
Rep
3,311
Posts

Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF East Bay

iTrader: (0)


Hawk in Flight 177 by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 2
M_Six4620.00
eagle_bmw160.00

      11-28-2019, 07:39 PM   #12447
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
1475
Rep
3,311
Posts

Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF East Bay

iTrader: (0)

My turkey breast is in the crockpot in the background. Still has an hour to go so I felt a little snack was in order. Yes, I should have had a bottle of Wild Turkey for this one!

Waiting on the Turkey by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 1
dcstep1233.00

      11-28-2019, 10:26 PM   #12448
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
4620
Rep
6,778
Posts

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Nothing wrong with Buffalo Trace, Ed. Good stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 06:44 PM   #12449
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
1475
Rep
3,311
Posts

Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF East Bay

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Nothing wrong with Buffalo Trace, Ed. Good stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.
Thanks Mark.

It's my favorite "everyday" bourbon for sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 12:20 PM   #12450
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Itsed65's Avatar
1475
Rep
3,311
Posts

Drives: 2014 X1 28i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SF East Bay

iTrader: (0)

I was fooling around with my new Savage LED light panel for the cookie shot above, so I pulled some of my whiskey collection out. Still life is not my normal thing, but this shot got explored on Flickr last night. This may be something I get more into during bad weather.

Decisions by lennycarl08, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 03:44 PM   #12451
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
4620
Rep
6,778
Posts

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Love the Jameson's IPA Cask. Very tasty.
__________________
Mark
markj.pics

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 02:53 AM   #12452
spanner1751
Lieutenant
spanner1751's Avatar
43
Rep
475
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i M sport sedan
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (0)

Ayuttaya Thailand


Ayutthaya IR 1
by Tom Spann, on Flickr
__________________
Appreciate 4
Itsed651475.00
Ickdeep5401.00
eagle_bmw160.00
M_Six4620.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST