BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

08-18-2022, 09:38 PM   #45
Bertram Wooster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
It's been discussed in numerous threads so please use the search function. TLDR: Airbag software and Head Unit Software. If you have the VIN of your car go to https://bmw-recall-tool.netlify.app and check the status of your car's updates.
Oh, nice. Thanks. Are you a moderator?

Mine is listed as no recall but defect code 0032360300.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 10:15 PM   #46
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 m2, iX D50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertram Wooster View Post

mine too
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 06:09 AM   #47
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
I just learned from my CA that my iX, which has been awaiting carrier assignment since late July is actually awaiting a software update of some type. That's the real hold up, but the website doesn't reflect that — just says "awaiting carrier assignment." Does anyone have an idea about what update it might be awaiting?
When I called the BMW Genius line 2 weeks ago to inquire on status and verify that My Garage was accurate they checked to see if there were any recalls or open campaigns on it (there weren't). The genius then stated that if there were, that would be taken care of at VPC or the dealership. BMW doesn't take any vehicles back into the factory, once completed, for any reason. I would call the genius line and verify your SA is giving you correct info.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 06:12 AM   #48
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeInCT View Post
Quote:
I just learned from my CA that my iX, which has been awaiting carrier assignment since late July is actually awaiting a software update of some type. That's the real hold up, but the website doesn't reflect that — just says "awaiting carrier assignment." Does anyone have an idea about what update it might be awaiting?
I think this is a very nice piece of information. I never thought about this... thinking that the BMW factory or the VPC will take care of that update as things move along...
thanks for the post
now this is a batch of iXs that is stuck in a limbo state. Mine in them

======= update ====
just checked and there is no recall on my iX.... don't know why it is stuck in the factory having been waiting for carrier assignment for 4 weeks now.
My best guess is that they are parked far enough in that there is no good way to get them out of the overflow lot. In this case it is going to continue to be last in, first out for a long time while our iXs just sit there. I wonder how good it is for an EV to sit, uncharged for 4+ weeks...
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 07:53 AM   #49
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I think this is a very nice piece of information. I never thought about this... thinking that the BMW factory or the VPC will take care of that update as things move along...
thanks for the post

======= update ====
just checked and there is no recall on my iX.... don't know why it is stuck in the factory having been waiting for carrier assignment for 4 weeks now.
My best guess is that they are parked far enough in that there is no good way to get them out of the overflow lot. In this case it is going to continue to be last in, first out for a long time while our iXs just sit there. I wonder how good it is for an EV to sit, uncharged for 4+ weeks...
I know it's beside the point, but my e-tron has sat for up to three weeks with only 1% loss. Some EVs have issues with losing significant range by sitting though, and there's no simple way to check on the 12v battery.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 08:01 AM   #50
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
thanks for the post

======= update ====
I know it's beside the point, but my e-tron has sat for up to three weeks with only 1% loss. Some EVs have issues with losing significant range by sitting though, and there's no simple way to check on the 12v battery.
I am more concerned about the 12v, as I have seen a few posts on the FB pages regarding the 12v going dead when sitting unplugged for awhile.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 08:03 AM   #51
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
thanks for the post

======= update ====
I am more concerned about the 12v, as I have seen a few posts on the FB pages regarding the 12v going dead when sitting unplugged for awhile.
I would hope car makers have that figured out by now and charge it as needed, but yeah, I know it has been a widespread issue with a variety of EV models and brands.
Appreciate 1
TXSchnee1316.50
      08-19-2022, 06:19 PM   #52
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

fresh off the phone with my SA. my impression is that 0032360300 is a defect code and needs a part. The part is already in stock, according to him, for mine. I should see this defect code move from "open" to "closed" in the short future. He said that he could see that the remedy availability went from red to green, which means that it became available.

I checked again, regarding recall 0032360300, my "vin status" is "open".
My "recall status", in the beginning of the line, is "No recall", which means that this is not a recall but an enhancement, which is also stated in the recall checker txt.
hopefully he is right...

Last edited by LeeInCT; 08-19-2022 at 06:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 06:26 PM   #53
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

let me know whether your 0032360300 status is "open"
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 07:14 PM   #54
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

I asked my dealer about this and why mine was loaded so quickly he said a lot depends on the destination port. Some are backed up and not accepting deliveries. Again this is all due to the global workforce issues post covid. I am lucky the whole process from Bremerhaven to dealership in metro Detroit via Baltimore took less than 3 weeks.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 07:36 PM   #55
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I checked and it isn't showing that phantom recall at all.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 09:23 PM   #56
Bertram Wooster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Mine is open
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 09:37 PM   #57
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Mine is open
looks like you and I are going to be tied together in this...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 10:14 PM   #58
Carnook
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: iX

I’m told that 0032360300 is just software. My iX reaches the destination port tomorrow so I’ll know soon enough.

It’s actually pretty routine to do software updates once a car reaches a delivery center or dealer. Most consumers just aren’t aware the way we are.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 12:05 PM   #59
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep

hi Carnook
can you let us know what is the day of your car finished the production?
just for comparison
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 12:21 PM   #60
BeeBop
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Came across this thread & forum today. I've been stuck at status 182 since 3 August. In a way, glad it's not just me, but also more concerned as it's clearly a systemic issue.

My SA tells me that there is no recall on my car. I mused that it's ridiculous that nothing has happened since 3 August and threatened vaguely to walk away and buy something else. He told me that he would escalate the query with "BMW logistics"…
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 01:21 PM   #61
Carnook
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hi Carnook
can you let us know what is the day of your car finished the production?
just for comparison
My iX finished production on July 10. It got to the port quickly and sat for just under a couple weeks before sailing to the west cost aboard the Phoenix Leader. Total time at sea: 28 days.
Appreciate 1
LeeInCT85.00
      08-23-2022, 07:19 AM   #62
BeeBop
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Hmm by strange co-incidence, the email to BMW logistics has co-incided with my car now being in transit... have the other 'stuck' iXs also begun to move? Very curious
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 08:32 AM   #63
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
Hmm by strange co-incidence, the email to BMW logistics has co-incided with my car now being in transit... have the other 'stuck' iXs also begun to move? Very curious
Nope, been "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" since 7/23...
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 09:03 AM   #64
BeeBop
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Given how grumpy I am, and given that you've been stuck at that status for longer than me, I can only imagine how grumpy you are!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 10:23 AM   #65
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
Given how grumpy I am, and given that you've been stuck at that status for longer than me, I can only imagine how grumpy you are!
Oh yeah, sent my SA an email yesterday. I may walk, BMW didn't release any allocations for the M60 all of June, so got hit with the $3700 July 1 price increase, was never required to put down a deposit so lost the $7500 tax credit. Also going to lose our 60 day APR lock, so this vehicle is costing me way more than it should have. To add to this, my Taycan freezes in a little over a month and has been V200 for 2 months now.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 10:30 PM   #66
Carnook
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
I’m told that 0032360300 is just software. My iX reaches the destination port tomorrow so I’ll know soon enough.
LeeInCT Update! My ship docked in Port Hueneme on Wed Aug 24 and on Thursday Aug 25 the defect code 0032360300 is already showing status closed. I’m pleasantly surprised how quickly it was offloaded, through customs and I assume already at the VPC.
Appreciate 0