BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

09-08-2022, 11:41 AM   #111
thorws
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeInCT View Post
Defect code 0032360300 is still open for me.

SA said that it was something else holding it up. Needing a physical part, actually, not just a software update. How I wish that it was actually the chip for the passenger lumbar. ��
Thank you for reporting back on your recalls/updates/whatever. So did some of them clear up while sitting in "awaiting carrier assignment"? I am asking based on reports in this thread that those would NEVER be cleared up at the factory. I called the genius number and was told that they are dealt with in the destination country. However, my SA says sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.

I begged my SA to escalate to somebody to try to give me a realistic expectation of what is the holdup, when things may move, and when I can pick up my car. He said he has 5 customer cars sitting in this status, and one of them has been waiting longer than mine (mine completed in May).
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 02:31 PM   #112
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorws View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeInCT View Post
Defect code 0032360300 is still open for me.

SA said that it was something else holding it up. Needing a physical part, actually, not just a software update. How I wish that it was actually the chip for the passenger lumbar. ��
Thank you for reporting back on your recalls/updates/whatever. So did some of them clear up while sitting in "awaiting carrier assignment"? I am asking based on reports in this thread that those would NEVER be cleared up at the factory. I called the genius number and was told that they are dealt with in the destination country. However, my SA says sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't.

I begged my SA to escalate to somebody to try to give me a realistic expectation of what is the holdup, when things may move, and when I can pick up my car. He said he has 5 customer cars sitting in this status, and one of them has been waiting longer than mine (mine completed in May).
They may be worked on at a VPC at any port BMW ships out from, and in to. They are never taken back into the factory to fix. So your SA is partially right that they are sometimes worked on in Germany, but that would be at Port Emden, not Dingolfing.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 07:25 AM   #113
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Week 7 of Awaiting Carrier Transport. I am more curious about when it will show up than I am excited for the vehicle.
Attached Images

2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 09:04 AM   #114
Garycoral
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60 / 45e

I feel your pain Sir... I waited for 96 days in QC end of '21 early '22 while my M4 was sitting waiting for Harmon Kardon bits that were being diverted to the i4's - Drove me nuts to the point I took to Twitter... Got an very prompt response and the offer of a rental from BMW while the wait dragged on.

What irked me as much as anything was the information "Black-out" from BMW and the indifference from my Dealer who was happy to take my pre-traded C8.

If my iX goes very long into the "Nothing's happening" zone I'm going to touch base with the 2 very helpful ladies that got some action on my M4 for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 09:26 AM   #115
razor488
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GMC Denali

So after waiting many months, my car is ready to be picked up tomorrow.... except I have covid. FML
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 10:39 AM   #116
MaceKo
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
Week 7 of Awaiting Carrier Transport. I am more curious about when it will show up than I am excited for the vehicle.
Week 9 for me…
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 01:33 PM   #117
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor488 View Post
So after waiting many months, my car is ready to be picked up tomorrow.... except I have covid. FML
Sorry to hear, hoping for a quick recovery. Yours is the one that you mentioned seemed stuck at Galveston port, right?

In a rare stroke of good news it seems my boat will be in Galveston two days early, tomorrow. Wondering how long it will take to process!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 01:49 PM   #118
Greg Staten
Private
Rep
Drives: ix xDrive50

Mine just entered "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" so let's see how long it takes. Mine will be going into the Port of Galveston.

Woo hoo!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 01:53 PM   #119
razor488
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Sorry to hear, hoping for a quick recovery. Yours is the one that you mentioned seemed stuck at Galveston port, right?

In a rare stroke of good news it seems my boat will be in Galveston two days early, tomorrow. Wondering how long it will take to process!
Best of luck! Mine arrived in Galveston on August 27th and arrived at the dealership today. I was told they did a software update down there - I hope it was the latest version...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 03:41 PM   #120
CESIUM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 X30i Msport, Carbon/Oyster

Quote:

My SA just said "the High-Voltage Cell-Module Recall. I think this one is being held at port due to it being a fire hazard. Last thing BMW would want is for a fire to occur on our lot and potentially cause more damage to other vehicles. "
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 03:01 PM   #121
ppagiga
Major
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garycoral View Post
I feel your pain Sir... I waited for 96 days in QC end of '21 early '22 while my M4 was sitting waiting for Harmon Kardon bits that were being diverted to the i4's - Drove me nuts to the point I took to Twitter... Got an very prompt response and the offer of a rental from BMW while the wait dragged on.

What irked me as much as anything was the information "Black-out" from BMW and the indifference from my Dealer who was happy to take my pre-traded C8.

If my iX goes very long into the "Nothing's happening" zone I'm going to touch base with the 2 very helpful ladies that got some action on my M4 for me.
What avenues did you pursue on twitter?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 09:38 PM   #122
thorws
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

Quote:
K-Line:

Victoria Highway should have left on the 2nd, due in Galveston 19th.

Horizon Highway should leave 23rd, in Galveston 10 Oct.

Wallenius:

Arc Independence leaving 7th, in Galveston Oct 5

Arc Defender leaving 12th, in Galveston Oct 5

Morning Champion left the 4th, due 28th

Patriot leaving the 21st, arriving Oct 14
sor, do you mind sharing how you find the ship routes & schedules? Are you paying for some service?

After sitting in "awaiting carrier assignment" since May, my iX finally changed to "dispatched from factory" on Friday 9th. I'm assuming BMW wouldn't have cars sitting around the departure port long, so I'm guessing maybe it will be on that Arc Defender you list. Googling around, I found a site that shows the ship is at port... definitely crossing my fingers my car will be heading across the Atlantic within the next couple days.

I am very keen to see the route for the Arc Defender (and maybe others) to try to extrapolate what port my iX may be offloaded for GA delivery (or maybe Spartanburg if I opt for the performance thing).

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 09:42 PM   #123
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
K-Line:

Victoria Highway should have left on the 2nd, due in Galveston 19th.

Horizon Highway should leave 23rd, in Galveston 10 Oct.

Wallenius:

Arc Independence leaving 7th, in Galveston Oct 5

Arc Defender leaving 12th, in Galveston Oct 5

Morning Champion left the 4th, due 28th

Patriot leaving the 21st, arriving Oct 14
sor, do you mind sharing how you find the ship routes & schedules? Are you paying for some service?

After sitting in "awaiting carrier assignment" since May, my iX finally changed to "dispatched from factory" on Friday 9th. I'm assuming BMW wouldn't have cars sitting around the departure port long, so I'm guessing maybe it will be on that Arc Defender you list. Googling around, I a site that shows the ship is at port... definitely crossing my fingers my car will be heading across the Atlantic within the next couple days.

I am very keen to see the route for the Arc Defender (and maybe others) to try to extrapolate what port my iX may be offloaded for GA delivery (or maybe Spartanburg if I opt for the performance thing).

Cheers!
Kline updates this PDF every week:

https://www.klineglobalroro.com/sche...f_schedule.pdf

Wallenius is here:

https://schedule.2wglobal.com/schedu...174.1662428977

Or alternatively wallenius:

https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/schedules

Selecting "by route" then Europe to North America, and look for ships going between the ports you desire
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 09:45 PM   #124
Greg Staten
Private
Rep

Quote:
After sitting in "awaiting carrier assignment" since May, my iX finally changed to "dispatched from factory" on Friday 9th. I'm assuming BMW wouldn't have cars sitting around the departure port long, so I'm guessing maybe it will be on that Arc Defender you list.
Interestingly, I just checked Track My BMW and it now says "A carrier has been assigned to take care of your BWM" under the Awaiting Carrier Assignment update. I may be mistaken, but I think that's new. Wonder if mine is about to be dispatched as well!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 10:51 PM   #125
Bertram Wooster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Staten View Post
Interestingly, I just checked Track My BMW and it now says "A carrier has been assigned to take care of your BWM" under the Awaiting Carrier Assignment update. I may be mistaken, but I think that's new. Wonder if mine is about to be dispatched as well!
Sadly, mine has said that since late July. No movement.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 06:37 AM   #126
TechCTU
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 M60i

My original order has now moved to at port, so things are moving. My build date was 5/25.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 09:07 AM   #127
Greg Staten
Private
Rep

Quote:
And... today it diplays Dispatched from Factory. Woo hoo! maybe I'll see it in October, three months earlier than originally expected. Wonder which boat to Galveston it will be on.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 09:10 AM   #128
razor488
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
And... today it diplays Dispatched from Factory. Woo hoo! maybe I'll see it in October, three months earlier than originally expected. Wonder which boat to Galveston it will be on.
I think mine left the factory in June and I am taking delivery today. It arrived in Galveston on August 27th.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 09:11 AM   #129
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertram Wooster View Post
Quote:
Sadly, mine has said that since late July. No movement.
I am there with you still, no movement since July.
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 10:07 AM   #130
HTown2022
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Competition

This is my very first post, not sure if it will load but here goes.

Mostly I am glad I accidentally found this link/site this morning. Last Friday my Houston bound M60 reached its new milestone, 13 weeks in "Awaiting Carrier Assignment" status.

One comparative contribution for the viewers is that a Taycan GTS that was ordered and built one month -after- the M60 arrived almost one month ago and is a total joy. Whatever "carrier" issues are being encountered it seems to me that it is only raining on BMW.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 10:12 AM   #131
Bertram Wooster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
I am there with you still, no movement since July.
What have we done to deserve this fate?
Appreciate 1
TXSchnee1316.50
      09-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #132
HTown2022
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Competition

Spoke to a super sweet BMW Genius who spent 47 minutes with me at Week 11 in "Awaiting Carrier Assignment". Below is what she told me that pretty much settled me down:

" . . .based on what I am seeing right now this is what I can tell you . . .I will absolutely not be surprised if your BMW arrives later this year and I will also not be surprised if your BMW arrives next year . . .I am being honest with you and I hope this helps"
Appreciate 0