E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Console Parking Indicator on ?

04-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Vacek
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 X3

Console Parking Indicator on ?

Hi,

I just picked up my new (well, new to me) 2006 325i ... 26,000 kms

I decided today to install my aftermarket Sirius sat. radio in it. I placed it in the sunglass holder (where ashtray used to be) Everything went just fine, I spliced into the cig lighter that was there (key off being very careful) I ran the din to the aux in the armrest, and the antenna to the trunk.

Turned it on and it works perfectly. (I used to install car stereos in another life before computer engineering, so this isnt my first time. I would consider myself fairly knowledgeable with this stuff)

However, Since I have had the car all of one day, I did not notice this before. When I turn the car off, and shut the key off as well, after the lights dim off in the car, the indicator light for the stickshift (automatic) stays on forever in the console .. it does not turn off. Locked , unlocked, it just stays on ..

All other light in the car function as they should, but this one if acting up it seems?

Without sounding retarded, I assume this light should go out as well?

Anyone have any initial thoughts on what this might be, and how to resolve?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Kamando
Captain
Rep
Drives: -

It will go out later when the car goes to sleep. I don't know the exact time limit but it does eventually go out.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
Vacek
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 X3

Ok, It is officially official (as my daughter would say)

I'm a donkey ... (as my bride would say)

It went out, was approx. 20 minutes although I wasnt timing it.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0