E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help No Sound

10-13-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
jyjimenez3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

Help No Sound

Hey guys well long story short my tail light was lose and water got into my amp and damaged it. i was able to clean it up and revive it. And it worked btw it happened like 4 months ago. Any ways the other day i was listen to the radio and it was like crapping on me and boom the sound goes out. So i bought the fiber optic loop and tested the TCU AND AMP and everything worked . Their is light coming from the connectors on both. PLease any help will work. And navigation still works

2007 Bmw 335i e92 i have idrive and a logic 7 amp(i think)
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

The thing I got from the above is that when you loop out the
amp and the SOS light goes out it indicates the TCU/Mulf is
not the problem which in leaves the amp.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
Dlozada28
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Hello all I have a 2006 330i (no navi or cd changer) and recently the sound to my radio went out. Upon checking for signal from the optic cable connecting to the amplifier, I see a red blinking light which is good. I then checked the connection for the telephone module and I noticed it had already been bypass looped (which is why I never had Bluetooth. My guess is that both modules are bad . So my question is can I bypass both the amp and the telephone module to at least restore the sound to the front speakers? When I plugged both bypass loops I finally get a connection at the optic connection under the steering wheel, I also have a red light when I connect my radio. Help anyone ? Looking for a bypass until I can purchase both modules let me know if I'm missing another module or connection somewhere as I can only find info on e60s.
Appreciate 0