11-26-2022, 08:02 PM   #1
xueju1121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
iX M60 Does 0-60 MPH in 3.19 Secs (by Redline Reviews)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Redline Review just uploaded their iX M60 video.

Launch control at 99% SOC enables this M60 to go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.19 secs. One of the fastest results I have seen so far.

And, of course, real-life test subjects to various factors, including SOC, tire pressure, temperature, reaction times, etc., etc.

Still, fun to watch.

Enjoy.
ricerboi836.00
deutsch1003945.00
Paladin15556.00
AlexFL7836.00
JMD637.00
      11-26-2022, 11:34 PM   #2
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

In the video, he shows the Climate Menu. There is an icon that neither our M60, nor iX 50 have. It looks kind of line a boomerang with squiggly lines. My M60 has steering wheel heating, heated and vented seats and radiant heating pkg., but not this icon. I cannot figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 11:37 PM   #3
xueju1121
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
In the video, he shows the Climate Menu. There is an icon that neither our M60, nor iX 50 have. It looks kind of line a boomerang with squiggly lines. My M60 has steering wheel heating, heated and vented seats and radiant heating pkg., but not this icon. I cannot figure it out.
The M60 in the video is running older software. I believe it was an icon for panel heating/radiant heating.

It got removed in the newer version of the software since the panel heating is linked to seat heating now.
      11-27-2022, 11:33 AM   #4
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xueju1121 View Post
The M60 in the video is running older software. I believe it was an icon for panel heating/radiant heating.

It got removed in the newer version of the software since the panel heating is linked to seat heating now.
A-ha! Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 01:44 PM   #5
Bironf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: audi S7

Just as quick as a glc 63 amg s coupe or a stelvio quadrifoglio (per car and driver test). Very impressive
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 03:25 PM   #6
NomoTesla
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

The iX exceeds its EPA rating by 20% according to Edmunds. This car is superior to any Tesla ever made and every other EV currently on the market IMHO. I wish more people would drive this car before dropping $100k on a garbage Tesla.

People who buy Teslas eventually suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.
Appreciate 7
awhk88.00
russell21147.00
rexus300153.50
rr006rbc1204.00
CamasM3e933155.00
      11-29-2022, 04:17 PM   #7
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post

So the old software make it faster?

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 04:18 PM   #8
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

Launch control at 99% SOC enables this M60 to go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.19 secs. One of the fastest results I have seen so far.

And, of course, real-life test subjects to various factors, including SOC, tire pressure, temperature, reaction times, etc., etc.

Still, fun to watch.

Enjoy.
Impressive time for real. I didn't know it was this quick. Too bad the XM Almost twice as expensive in the Label Res will be slower.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 07:40 PM   #9
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Looks like he's using a VBox and it seems a lot of people have this configured with 1ft roll out… which is like C&D times. Using normal Dragy to times will prob be .2-.3 seconds slower. I could be wrong but I am guessing this may be the case.
Appreciate 4
eta2sec19.50
AlexFL7836.00
      11-30-2022, 12:34 AM   #10
eta2sec
Rep
Drives: Audi e-tron

Can't wait to grab one of these used in a year or two
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 01:38 AM   #11
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Looks like he's using a VBox and it seems a lot of people have this configured with 1ft roll out… which is like C&D times. Using normal Dragy to times will prob be .2-.3 seconds slower. I could be wrong but I am guessing this may be the case.
Most of the other fast times we have heard of performed on other cars also use 1ft rollout, which still makes this pretty quick.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 1
xueju1121618.50
      11-30-2022, 02:58 AM   #12
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Most of the other fast times we have heard of performed on other cars also use 1ft rollout, which still makes this pretty quick.
Most of the fastest times … for sure. It's only logical that if you use a method that shaves off .3 seconds from the other commonly times method it will be faster lol. Just putting this out there since a lot of people will use testing methods w/o 1ft rollout in the real world and can have an idea why they might get slower times.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 04:17 PM   #13
Johsonweks
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Yeah You Are Right
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 07:46 AM   #14
JMD
MGySgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Garage List! ;-)

Garage List
2010 M5  [10.00]
2016 BMW 340xi M Sport  [9.00]
2019 X5 50i M Sport  [5.50]
2010 535xi  [0.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
2012 X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:

Still, fun to watch.

Enjoy.

BMW should have done one version of the current gen G05 with a full electric setup! The looks alone of the G05 X5 would have it flying off the assembly line! I don't think I'd ever consider an IX because I think it comprises of 3 different automotive styling! Styling #1,...the Front-end - ok, it will grow on you. Styling #2,...the interior - the interior isn't so far different from say, an i4 especially from the front seats forward, etc. So, I could learn to like it,...and especially since I already like the i4 series. Styling #3,...the Rear-end - the rear is is far from any previous BMW SUV (...ahhh, I meant SAV). Again, had they integrated some of the X5's overall styling cues into the IX, I think BMW's IX would be a stellar winner.

So, even when they come off lease into the used vehicle market, I'd still pass on one. Essentially, I pretty much one my next BMW to look like a BMW,...and not venture off into the Pontiac Aztek lane. Now, this is not to say the IX is as bad as the Aztek was,...it's no where near that bad. But, as it compares to previous BMW styling,...it's not great either! So, perhaps the 2nd or 3rd generation will bring the knockout styling that appeals to a broader based of Bimmerphiles,...that don't want a BMW with little exterior styling connections to BMW's heritage throughout a series lineup. In parting, just look at the E53,...BMW's first SAV. Now look at the other X5s that came after the E53. The F15 has more E53 cues than the E70,...and the G05 has more E70 cues than it does F15; however, all are connected to the E53. Also, some may not be aware, the E70 and F15 X5s essentially use the same Front and Rear doors in turns of Window Framing,...as the WeatherTech Rain Guards I used in my E70 X5 were a perfect fit in the F15 X5 50i I owned briefly.

Now, I know what some here will say,..."the IX is an entirely new and different vehicle than the X5 series, etc.",...and that it is. However, I ask, who is the IX marketed to? Is it mainly for new EV buyers,...or current owners of X5s, X4, X3,...or even X7 Owners? Essentially, I don't think BMW can bring in enough first time BMW buyers to support the cost of the IX platform,...and sooner or later, the IX series will need to turn a profit for BMW. But hey, at least they get to save $money$ on interior costs over the entire BMW lineup by going to a One Fits All interior layout.

So, I guess time will tell...
      12-02-2022, 09:13 AM   #15
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
I think it comprises of 3 different automotive styling! Styling #1,...the Front-end - ok, it will grow on you.
The only people truly complaining about the look of the front end are journalists (cause it doesn't look like their favorite old bmw) and current BMW owners who weren't going to buy the iX no mater what and they latch on to this as their main reason why. Believe it or not, this has happened each and every time BMW made any kind of noticeable change to the kidney grills in the last decade including when they released the latest X5 and X7. Yet a few years later and just about everyone agrees that those grills look just fine.

Quote:
Styling #2,...the interior - the interior isn't so far different from say, an i4 especially from the front seats forward, etc. So, I could learn to like it,...and especially since I already like the i4 series.
This is not new with the iX. If I showed you an interior picture from the front seats forward of just about any 2021 or 2022 BMW, you would be hard pressed to quickly tell from what car it was from.

Quote:
Styling #3,...the Rear-end - the rear is is far from any previous BMW SUV (...ahhh, I meant SAV). Again, had they integrated some of the X5's overall styling cues into the IX, I think BMW's IX would be a stellar winner.
The rear of the X5 is the most awkward part of its exterior design. This of course didn't stop me from buying one in 2019. It looks better in pics than in the flesh (IMHO) and I find that the iX rear is very good. You lose the split tailgate and some room in the trunk but they made the rear less "busy" for lack of a better description.

Quote:
However, I ask, who is the IX marketed to? Is it mainly for new EV buyers,...or current owners of X5s, X4, X3,...or even X7 Owners?
This is targeted at people who are looking for a premium electric SUV/crossover with seating for 4-5, whether they were BMW customers or not before. Current EVs are not for everyone. Some people are simply not ready for the change, while others have real issues with using an EV as their daily. This is highly regarded as the best in this category offering great comfort, power, range, decent DC charging, etc.

Quote:
Essentially, I don't think BMW can bring in enough first time BMW buyers to support the cost of the IX platform,...and sooner or later, the IX series will need to turn a profit for BMW. But hey, at least they get to save $money$ on interior costs over the entire BMW lineup by going to a One Fits All interior layout.
BMW has sold each and every iX they have built likely all at full MSRP and there is still a queue of people waiting for the privilege to do the same. I think they'll do ok.

As I mentioned above, "one fits all interior" was done before the iX and ID8 existed. Complaining about it is ok, and yes it is surely done to keep costs down, but it is not something new that they did with this generation of vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 10:31 AM   #16
NomoTesla
Major
Rep

All of Tesla's 0-60 figures are with 1-ft rollout. This caused a lawsuit in Norway or the Netherlands over false advertising. Tesla lost that one. If you want to compare this to Tesla you have to time the 0-60 with 1-ft rollout.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 07:28 PM   #17
NomoTesla
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM5PAV View Post
Just curious but is this car also subject to the 50x or so LC until you are permanently downgraded to less impressive launches by the ecu?

I don't quite understand the idea behind reporting LC times that are lifetime limited. Seems like it makes more sense to report the times which the car can do repeatedly, for as long as you own it.

Sorry if this appears as me trying to take the wind out of someone's sails. Just an honest question as I just learned that LC is actually a finite resource.
I just researched the topic and this seems to be based on some rumors started by folks who drive ICE BMWs. It's not a thing.

Last edited by NomoTesla; 12-03-2022 at 07:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
DM5PAV375.00
      12-14-2022, 09:15 PM   #18
npa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 m50i, IX 50, Rivian R1S

Quote:
BMW should have done one version of the current gen G05 with a full electric setup! The looks alone of the G05 X5 would have it flying off the assembly line! I don't think I'd ever consider an IX because I think it comprises of 3 different automotive styling! Styling #1,...the Front-end - ok, it will grow on you. Styling #2,...the interior - the interior isn't so far different from say, an i4 especially from the front seats forward, etc. So, I could learn to like it,...and especially since I already like the i4 series. Styling #3,...the Rear-end - the rear is is far from any previous BMW SUV (...ahhh, I meant SAV). Again, had they integrated some of the X5's overall styling cues into the IX, I think BMW's IX would be a stellar winner.

So, even when they come off lease into the used vehicle market, I'd still pass on one. Essentially, I pretty much one my next BMW to look like a BMW,...and not venture off into the Pontiac Aztek lane. Now, this is not to say the IX is as bad as the Aztek was,...it's no where near that bad. But, as it compares to previous BMW styling,...it's not great either! So, perhaps the 2nd or 3rd generation will bring the knockout styling that appeals to a broader based of Bimmerphiles,...that don't want a BMW with little exterior styling connections to BMW's heritage throughout a series lineup. In parting, just look at the E53,...BMW's first SAV. Now look at the other X5s that came after the E53. The F15 has more E53 cues than the E70,...and the G05 has more E70 cues than it does F15; however, all are connected to the E53. Also, some may not be aware, the E70 and F15 X5s essentially use the same Front and Rear doors in turns of Window Framing,...as the WeatherTech Rain Guards I used in my E70 X5 were a perfect fit in the F15 X5 50i I owned briefly.

Now, I know what some here will say,..."the IX is an entirely new and different vehicle than the X5 series, etc.",...and that it is. However, I ask, who is the IX marketed to? Is it mainly for new EV buyers,...or current owners of X5s, X4, X3,...or even X7 Owners? Essentially, I don't think BMW can bring in enough first time BMW buyers to support the cost of the IX platform,...and sooner or later, the IX series will need to turn a profit for BMW. But hey, at least they get to save $money$ on interior costs over the entire BMW lineup by going to a One Fits All interior layout.

So, I guess time will tell...
I think the IX looks much better in person. Owned a 2012 X5 and currently own a 2020 x5 M50i. Other than a smaller trunk space, less leg bolstering in the seats, and no tow hitch option in the US, I can’t really think of any downsides to my IX50 over the X5. I believe it weighs about the same as our x5 m50i. It has a lower center of gravity. Air suspension was a huge upgrade. It has a quieter cabin and the speaker system sounds better. It actually sits slightly lower which I like and to me it actually looks like a raised station wagon (which I’m a huge fan of). Wife and kids absolutely prefer it over x5. I still love how visceral the v8 is on the x5 but the IX feels faster given the instant torque and for daily driving is just so much more relaxing. If this vehicle truly has lower maintenance…this may be one of the vehicles we just run into the ground.

So happy we traded in the Tesla Model Y Performance for this. The Model X isn’t that much of a looker either and costs significantly more and isn’t as refined on the interior IMO. We also have a Rivian R1S on order which on paper looks more functional than the IX but I’ll likely chicken out and cancel the order. Build quality is suspect. There is a lack of service centers. Doesn’t seem to drive as well (on road). Not as efficient as the IX and doesn’t seem to get the range promised.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2022, 08:40 PM   #19
JMD
MGySgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Garage List! ;-)

Garage List
2010 M5  [10.00]
2016 BMW 340xi M Sport  [9.00]
2019 X5 50i M Sport  [5.50]
2010 535xi  [0.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
2012 X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by npa201 View Post
I think the IX looks much better in person. Owned a 2012 X5 and currently own a 2020 x5 M50i. Other than a smaller trunk space, less leg bolstering in the seats, and no tow hitch option in the US, I can’t really think of any downsides to my IX50 over the X5. I believe it weighs about the same as our x5 m50i. It has a lower center of gravity. Air suspension was a huge upgrade. It has a quieter cabin and the speaker system sounds better. It actually sits slightly lower which I like and to me it actually looks like a raised station wagon (which I’m a huge fan of). Wife and kids absolutely prefer it over x5. I still love how visceral the v8 is on the x5 but the IX feels faster given the instant torque and for daily driving is just so much more relaxing. If this vehicle truly has lower maintenance…this may be one of the vehicles we just run into the ground.

So happy we traded in the Tesla Model Y Performance for this. The Model X isn’t that much of a looker either and costs significantly more and isn’t as refined on the interior IMO. We also have a Rivian R1S on order which on paper looks more functional than the IX but I’ll likely chicken out and cancel the order. Build quality is suspect. There is a lack of service centers. Doesn’t seem to drive as well (on road). Not as efficient as the IX and doesn’t seem to get the range promised.
Note,...thank you.