BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing 2023 530e Hybrid coolant valve stuck off

09-14-2023, 12:34 PM   #1
Grunt1970
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

2023 530e Hybrid coolant valve stuck off

After the first 3,000 miles the error code POCEO was detected by the dealer (Hybrid coolant valve stuck off). August 12, 2023, the Service Rep (SR) said if no Control Engine Light (CEL) was on the vehicle dash it was good to go. August 16, 2023 left on a 2,000 mile trip to national parks. After the first 500 miles the CEL came on. Took it to a NAPA store and the error code of POCEO was read by their handheld recorder. The next day took it to BMW in Idaho where the code was confirmed. BMW N.A. said the car should not be released to me due to safety concerns. The part was estimated to take six weeks. I requested a buy back on the car and the part was shipped three days later. It took BMW three weeks to get the car back to me. The first day back the car was making an unusual sound when charging. It has been at the dealer in California four four days waiting German engineers advise.

Are there others out there with this problem?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 12:27 PM   #2
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt1970 View Post
After the first 3,000 miles the error code POCEO was detected by the dealer (Hybrid coolant valve stuck off). August 12, 2023, the Service Rep (SR) said if no Control Engine Light (CEL) was on the vehicle dash it was good to go. August 16, 2023 left on a 2,000 mile trip to national parks. After the first 500 miles the CEL came on. Took it to a NAPA store and the error code of POCEO was read by their handheld recorder. The next day took it to BMW in Idaho where the code was confirmed. BMW N.A. said the car should not be released to me due to safety concerns. The part was estimated to take six weeks. I requested a buy back on the car and the part was shipped three days later. It took BMW three weeks to get the car back to me. The first day back the car was making an unusual sound when charging. It has been at the dealer in California four four days waiting German engineers advise.

Are there others out there with this problem?
Was the unusual sound the sound of the cooling fan going crazy? If so, that would make sense as its trying to cool the battery, if the valve failed it could explain the noise. Even when things are working correctly the car will automatically run the AC compressor and cooling fan to cool the battery.
Appreciate 0