Forum for the entire range of BMW electric vehicles
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW iX Forums BMW iX Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2024, 04:36 PM   #1
Road Trip
Captain
1283
Rep
880
Posts

Drives: Ď24 iX M60 & Ď23 C8 Z06
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Pacific Northwest

iTrader: (0)

Rivian 1st; Mini 2nd; BMW 3rd in Consumer Reports Customer EV Owners Satisfaction

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Thanks to AutomotiveNews for sharing these Consumer Reports survey results.

[Quote=AutoNews] Rookie Rivian comes out on top for EV satisfaction in Consumer Reports survey

Rivian's R1T and R1S outscored Tesla in the Consumer Reports survey.

Rivian also topped Mini, BMW and Porsche. Least favorite brands included Infiniti and VW.

February 08, 2024 03:47 PM | 42 MINUTES AGO
LAURENCE ILIFF 

https://www.autonews.com/retail/rivi...icle2-headline
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 9
LVBMW483.50
deutsch1003291.00
VANOS62.00
Scrapula1573.00
Paladin15273.00
pharding306.00
      02-08-2024, 04:51 PM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
VirtualGuitars's Avatar
United_States
7561
Rep
5,586
Posts

Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
For one thing, they donít leave the production line with any panel gaps (unlike #5)!
Appreciate 20
Jd19144.50
VANOS62.00
Pentium177.00
Ibiza3395.50
drexplode1688.50
M2RAW117.50
afo818235.50
deutsch1003291.00
BigHunk268.00
kjx3085.00
co_440i78.00
      02-08-2024, 05:07 PM   #3
VANOS
NFS
VANOS's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: May 2008
Location: N/A

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
For one thing, they donít leave the production line with any panel gaps (unlike #5)!

Agreed! Something they clearly need to work on. But then again, itís extremely hard to compete with the best in the industry (plus BMW has been around much much longer lol)

Only thing bmw has to fix is their prices loll drop them down just a tad bit. Not down to spend 1k a month on a i4 lol.

Surprised Rivian came first though lol.
Appreciate 5
      02-08-2024, 05:20 PM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
VirtualGuitars's Avatar
United_States
7561
Rep
5,586
Posts

Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANOS View Post
Agreed! Something they clearly need to work on. But then again, itís extremely hard to compete with the best in the industry (plus BMW has been around much much longer lol)

Only thing bmw has to fix is their prices loll drop them down just a tad bit. Not down to spend 1k a month on a i4 lol.

Surprised Rivian came first though lol.
The biggest lesson BMW could take from Tesla is being more regular with the software updates across the entire lineup. They come out with releases in March, July, and November. Then you have to wait at least three months before theyíll be pushed via OTA assuming you donít have any problems getting them in the first place; otherwise, theyíre made available to the dealer immediately after release.

Tesla shines in this area since they are primarily a software company. Their build quality is absolute crap.
Appreciate 11
      02-08-2024, 05:29 PM   #5
VANOS
NFS
VANOS's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: May 2008
Location: N/A

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
The biggest lesson BMW could take from Tesla is being more regular with the software updates across the entire lineup. They come out with releases in March, July, and November. Then you have to wait at least three months before theyíll be pushed via OTA assuming you donít have any problems getting them in the first place; otherwise, theyíre made available to the dealer immediately after release.

Tesla shines in this area since they are primarily a software company. Their build quality is absolute crap.
100000% I completely agree with you! If they can do that and price drops, not only will they get some of their old customers back (those who moved from bmw to tesla) but attract new buyers as well.

BMW, I hope you are reading this!
Appreciate 9
      02-08-2024, 05:54 PM   #6
Ibiza
Colonel
Ibiza's Avatar
United_States
3396
Rep
2,760
Posts

Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On the run....

iTrader: (0)

I saw this slide posted on Reddit BMW community yesterday.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2022 G83 PCD & 2024 G05 S68 PCD
Retired:2021 F95 ZCP PCD,2018 F85 PCD,2018 F83 ZCP- ED/PCD, 2015 X5 50i PCD, 2015 435 vert ED, 2011 X3 PCD, 2011 335is vert ED/PCD, 2007 X3is PCD, 2007 335i vert PCD, 2004 328i vert PCD
Appreciate 9
      02-08-2024, 06:04 PM   #7
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
1516
Rep
3,159
Posts

Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2014
Location: my garage in PA

iTrader: (0)

Guess we'll have to wait and see if the new i# series take a hit and bring these scores down.

Fine print makes it seem like this was pre-i#.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 06:05 PM   #8
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
12342
Rep
8,250
Posts

Drives: M GmbH
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.74]
Being a Tesla owner on one of my cars, I can tell you their customer service is not good at all. Pretentious at best.

Thatís a pretty shitty list. Some of those car manufacturers have never ever made an EV before.
__________________
///
Appreciate 7
Ibiza3395.50
VANOS62.00
jmack1231257.50
deutsch1003291.00
GOLFFRR10552.50
Scrapula1573.00
      02-08-2024, 06:32 PM   #9
Ibiza
Colonel
Ibiza's Avatar
United_States
3396
Rep
2,760
Posts

Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: On the run....

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Being a Tesla owner on one of my cars, I can tell you their customer service is not good at all. Pretentious at best.

Thatís a pretty shitty list. Some of those car manufacturers have never ever made an EV before.
Iím not surprised at all, as the attitude is set and starts at the top of the organization. Why I strongly dispise of the Tesla brand.
__________________
2022 G83 PCD & 2024 G05 S68 PCD
Retired:2021 F95 ZCP PCD,2018 F85 PCD,2018 F83 ZCP- ED/PCD, 2015 X5 50i PCD, 2015 435 vert ED, 2011 X3 PCD, 2011 335is vert ED/PCD, 2007 X3is PCD, 2007 335i vert PCD, 2004 328i vert PCD
Appreciate 7
///M TOWN12342.00
deutsch1003291.00
GOLFFRR10552.50
Scrapula1573.00
co_440i78.00
      02-08-2024, 07:19 PM   #10
Bmwno6
Private First Class
United_States
216
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: 2024 BMW iX50, 2020 BMW X5
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Here is an other current CR list of 2024 vehicles which asks "would you buy this car again ?"
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 11
drexplode1688.50
darylp310869.00
deutsch1003291.00
nalnass117.00
Paladin15273.00
E91toG05302.00
Scrapula1573.00
cfm56d7b5702.00
co_440i78.00
      02-08-2024, 10:30 PM   #11
mckman
Private First Class
136
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: 2021 F87
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

This list isn't for EV's only. BMW is third across all of their cars, which are predominately ICE. Of course some manufacturers like Rivian and Tesla only make EV's. Thread title should be changed.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 Sedan (Euro Delivery) - The original
2016 F31 328d SportWagon (Euro Delivery) - Gone
2018 F30 340i xDrive 6MT - Sold to Carvana
2018 F15 X5 - Everyone needs an SUV these days.
2021 F87 - LBB 6MT

Last edited by mckman; 02-08-2024 at 10:37 PM..
Appreciate 2
deutsch1003291.00
LVBMW483.50
      02-09-2024, 12:21 AM   #12
NomoTesla
Major
1800
Rep
1,190
Posts

Drives: BMW iX50
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

This is not a list of EV manufacturers and Rivian has some serious quality issues that I've seen firsthand.

Owner Satisfaction ≠ Quality & Reliability
Appreciate 6
deutsch1003291.00
Paladin15273.00
Scrapula1573.00
LVBMW483.50
      02-09-2024, 01:30 AM   #13
Berliner
New Member
Germany
6
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: BMW i7 xDrive60 (04/24)
Join Date: Feb 2024
Location: Berlin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANOS View Post
Agreed! Something they clearly need to work on. But then again, itís extremely hard to compete with the best in the industry (plus BMW has been around much much longer lol)

Only thing bmw has to fix is their prices loll drop them down just a tad bit. Not down to spend 1k a month on a i4 lol.

Surprised Rivian came first though lol.
? For 1k EUR per month you can EASILY get an i7x60!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2024, 08:21 AM   #14
GOLFFRR
GOLFFRR's Avatar
10553
Rep
27,416
Posts

Drives: GOLFFRR cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: we sell BMWs to "ALL" US states

iTrader: (4)

interesting. I will also weigh in on how bad Tesla customer service aspect is.
not to mention how much upside down Tesla owners are these days, yikes! Yes so are other brands but Teslas wow the market on those tanked!!

but not here to bash Tesla bc they do have a lot of positives also. so no hard feelings. Nice to see BMW up there
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 4
      02-09-2024, 08:29 AM   #15
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
1314
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 22 M4 Comp RWD
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
interesting. I will also weigh in on how bad Tesla customer service aspect is.
not to mention how much upside down Tesla owners are these days, yikes! Yes so are other brands but Teslas wow the market on those tanked!!

but not here to bash Tesla bc they do have a lot of positives also. so no hard feelings. Nice to see BMW up there
FWIW, Teslaís old resale value was based on them being the only game in town. Once competition appeared, Teslaís value naturally had to fall.
__________________
~ 22 M4 Comp
~ Prior BMW's - Too many to list here (26)
Appreciate 3
Ibiza3395.50
deutsch1003291.00
      02-09-2024, 09:11 AM   #16
Bklyn
Private
155
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: Ram 1500
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Bklyn Ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
interesting. I will also weigh in on how bad Tesla customer service aspect is.
not to mention how much upside down Tesla owners are these days, yikes! Yes so are other brands but Teslas wow the market on those tanked!!

but not here to bash Tesla bc they do have a lot of positives also. so no hard feelings. Nice to see BMW up there
As a 3 time Tesla Model S owner, a lot of the bashing here is over the top. Do they have build quality issues sure, but the 3 I owned only one had an issue and it was taken care of immediately and to my satisfaction.
As far as being underwater...definitely but most ev's are further underwater than their comparable ICE siblings. I think the big reason for it in Tesla is due to overnight 40+ K price drops on new vehicles. I found that every time Elon dropped a price by 2K on a new the used would suffer 3-4 times that in value. Sucks for sure.
Bottom line my opinion only after having 3 EV's (Tesla) I loved driving them , a lot of fun. Never had issues with service. In 10 years of ownership only had to get service like 3 times total and no issues at all.

I would only lease ANY brand EV from now on and never buy.
Appreciate 5
      02-09-2024, 09:20 AM   #17
Paladin1
Brigadier General
Paladin1's Avatar
United_States
5273
Rep
4,339
Posts

Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomoTesla View Post
This is not a list of EV manufacturers and Rivian has some serious quality issues that I've seen firsthand.

Owner Satisfaction ≠ Quality & Reliability
^ This. "Owner satisfaction" has many unquantifiable variables - as in "Among broccoli-lovers, how many of you love broccoli?" Tesla rated high perhaps because Tesla owners' were enamored with Fart Mode or Ludicrous Speed. Or maybe the BMW logo mesmerized owners who stared too long at the cute little blue propeller. Owners value different things, sometimes unrelated to car features or logic, similar to eyewitness accounts in law enforcement - "Yes officer, it was 9 feet tall and covered with green fur." CR's reports are based more on actual data. Both types of reports provide information, useful when you are evaluating a brand for purchase with which you may not be familiar, so all good.
Appreciate 3
deutsch1003291.00
Scrapula1573.00
NomoTesla1799.50
      02-09-2024, 12:07 PM   #18
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
1314
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 22 M4 Comp RWD
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklyn View Post
As a 3 time Tesla Model S owner, a lot of the bashing here is over the top. Do they have build quality issues sure, but the 3 I owned only one had an issue and it was taken care of immediately and to my satisfaction.
As far as being underwater...definitely but most ev's are further underwater than their comparable ICE siblings. I think the big reason for it in Tesla is due to overnight 40+ K price drops on new vehicles. I found that every time Elon dropped a price by 2K on a new the used would suffer 3-4 times that in value. Sucks for sure.
Bottom line my opinion only after having 3 EV's (Tesla) I loved driving them , a lot of fun. Never had issues with service. In 10 years of ownership only had to get service like 3 times total and no issues at all.

I would only lease ANY brand EV from now on and never buy.
I have never had an EV or a Tesla, but I know many people who have. Those that I know reported everything from awful customer service, repair problems, build quality issues, and misleading range numbers to excellent build qualify, excellent service, and great range. Here is the problem, Teslaís consistency is awful. When two people have widely varying experiences with the same exact car, thatís a problem. Now, does this happen with BMW and other brands, yes. But Tesla isnít a franchise operation like BMW and their inability to provide consistency is an in-house problem. This lack of consistency, IMHO, is a big part of the Tesla problem and I have a few friends/associates that abandoned Tesla because they got tired of dealing with the B.S. that they experienced while others, like yourself, say the complaints are overstated. Iím friends with management at my BMW store and they get a fair amount of Tesla trades. But, they donít like to retail them because people blame the store when they have problems with that pre-owned Tesla. It got so bad, my buddy just auctions off all Tesla trades now.
__________________
~ 22 M4 Comp
~ Prior BMW's - Too many to list here (26)
Appreciate 4
      02-09-2024, 12:25 PM   #19
deutsch100
Colonel
deutsch100's Avatar
3291
Rep
2,180
Posts

Drives: i5 M60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calabasas, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
I have never had an EV or a Tesla, but I know many people who have. Those that I know reported everything from awful customer service, repair problems, build quality issues, and misleading range numbers to excellent build qualify, excellent service, and great range. Here is the problem, Tesla’s consistency is awful. When two people have widely varying experiences with the same exact car, that’s a problem. Now, does this happen with BMW and other brands, yes. But Tesla isn’t a franchise operation like BMW and their inability to provide consistency is an in-house problem. This lack of consistency, IMHO, is a big part of the Tesla problem and I have a few friends/associates that abandoned Tesla because they got tired of dealing with the B.S. that they experienced while others, like yourself, say the complaints are overstated. I’m friends with management at my BMW store and they get a fair amount of Tesla trades. But, they don’t like to retail them because people blame the store when they have problems with that pre-owned Tesla. It got so bad, my buddy just auctions off all Tesla trades now.
I kept my ordered and waited 4 months for Tesla Model Y Performance for 35 days, before just pulling into a BMW dealer and honestly buying the only car on the lot that kind of met my wants and needs.

The day of my Tesla delivery (nightmare, self done experience...almost no help or contact), one headlight was loose, two door trims did not align, trunk and frunk huge panel gaps (quality control does not see this at the factory?), the steering was beyond out of alignment and they "mickey moused" some part at the factory with the A/C compressor to keep the production line running and my A/C when running was louder than my V8 G63 (I am not kidding). It was later to confirmed to me by several other Tesla owners, they too experienced this horrible A/C noise, and an honest Tesla Center told them about the jerryrigged part used.

Also, Tesla refused to pay for my alignment on DAY TWO of ownership, since I exceeded 100 miles and did not report the issue on the app. I had the new Model Y for two days.
Appreciate 2
Scrapula1573.00
LVBMW483.50
      02-09-2024, 01:05 PM   #20
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
1314
Rep
1,689
Posts

Drives: 22 M4 Comp RWD
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
I kept my ordered and waited 4 months for Tesla Model Y Performance for 35 days, before just pulling into a BMW dealer and honestly buying the only car on the lot that kind of met my wants and needs.

The day of my Tesla delivery (nightmare, self done experience...almost no help or contact), one headlight was loose, two door trims did not align, trunk and frunk huge panel gaps (quality control does not see this at the factory?), the steering was beyond out of alignment and they "mickey moused" some part at the factory with the A/C compressor to keep the production line running and my A/C when running was louder than my V8 G63 (I am not kidding). It was later to confirmed to me by several other Tesla owners, they too experienced this horrible A/C noise, and an honest Tesla Center told them about the jerryrigged part used.

Also, Tesla refused to pay for my alignment on DAY TWO of ownership, since I exceeded 100 miles and did not report the issue on the app. I had the new Model Y for two days.
I rest my case! This is beyond bad. Of course, I have a close friend who has excellent service with his Tesla and loves the company. 🙄
__________________
~ 22 M4 Comp
~ Prior BMW's - Too many to list here (26)
Appreciate 1
deutsch1003291.00
      02-09-2024, 01:22 PM   #21
deutsch100
Colonel
deutsch100's Avatar
3291
Rep
2,180
Posts

Drives: i5 M60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Calabasas, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
I rest my case! This is beyond bad. Of course, I have a close friend who has excellent service with his Tesla and loves the company. 🙄
Totally! Two neighbors on our street are on Tesla #4 or 5, and a good friend a few cities away is on Tesla #3...and they all swear their cars have been the best and virtually trouble free. But, I also know a few who have/had my experience with Tesla!
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2024, 01:43 PM   #22
Rockdiamond
Enlisted Member
62
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: BMW IX 50 2024
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

When I first drove the Model Y- and bought it......at first it was a love affair. First electric car. Prodigious acceleration. Amazing Supercharging Network. Sure, there were body panel gaps and other quality issues you'd never see on a BMW...but it was fast! And this was over 3 years ago before MUCK ELON FUSK became what he's become. The joy of acceleration fades....as the terrible smell from the HVAC system got worse and worse.
Yes fast, but with unacceptable shakes and rattles.
It was really scary driving over 70mph.
Then, what if you need a question answered? Go to the app.
Wait, what?
The whole freakin company DOES NOT ANSWER THE PHONE. Dealers, Corporate, no telephone.
I am so glad to be away from that company.
Appreciate 4
Scrapula1573.00
deutsch1003291.00
LVBMW483.50
co_440i78.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 AM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST