gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz5150 View Post
I feel its embarrassing!!! The company that builds the "ultimate driving machine" shows up at the biggest even advertising an electric turd!?!?!?!

Mean while Ford, its smashing things with new F150/GT350/GT
What is Ford doing in regards to cars such as the i8, NSX, LaFerrari, P1, Porsche 918 and the technology and progression they're making? Nothing. You feel embarrassed (don't know why ) but there is nothing embarrassing about marketing the current trend (performance hybrids/tech) especially when people such as yourself need this tech to trickle down to BMW's "emotionless", "bloated", "Lexus-like" lineup.

Besides all of that, BMW doesn't need to market BMW M or the rest of their lineup. They led sales globally last year, and people who know/want performance already know BMW M so other than having a sexy ad to please someone such as yourself, it does nothing for BMW. BMW i is new and BMW needs to market it.
The are building a new ford GT , that will be all carbon fiber , make 600 hp out of a 3.0 liter turbo motor and wipe the floor with anything BMW makes both in objective numbers and subjective driving experience . The best part is because it's not hybrid it will likely be in the sub 3000 pound range giving it a better power to weight than the hybrid 918 and la Ferrari offerings while being able to destroy them in the corners because of less mass . Read this quote from Moray Callum, Ford Vice President of Design, who was very proud to speak about the GT "A lot of people talk about technology and there's so much talk about autonomous cars and hybrid cars and maybe cars that are not for enthusiasts. We wanted to bring some of that back, to say that innovation can be about traditional car guys... Performance is still a great platform to develop technology and innovation." Think about that, making a car perform better , be lighter , make 200hp/l these are amazing achievements that showcase the Motorsports DNA of a company . Contrast that with the new head of the M division saying BMW doesn't need a halo car , the I8 shows what we can do .umm yeah, be overpriced , overweight, understeer like a bus , and be underpowered . Every enthusiasts dream lol .
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 08:20 AM   #24
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
Everyone knows that the people who watch football are the same people that buy electric cars.
That was the first thing that popped in to my mind. Although, Super Bowl XLVIIIMCLMXXIII (whatever the last one was) was the most watched sporting event ever, so I guess it's fair to say that the demographic for the Super Bowl probably encompasses segments that you wouldn't normally associate with
View post on imgur.com
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 10:30 PM   #25
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

As a proud i3 BEV owner that fell in love on first drive, I look forward to seeing the commercial.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 02:51 PM   #26
jadnashuanh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535iGT x-drive; i3 BEV

There are a lot of less than fervent fans that watch the superbowl...and, the buzz that gets created has to be worth something.

They've been selling about 1K i3's each month in the USA, so over $40M in cash flow. That has to mean something. At about 100 cars a day production, that's a significant portion of the world-wide sales.
Appreciate 0