10-14-2022, 08:18 AM   #221
quasar81
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 30e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSchnee View Post
Week 12 Awaiting Carrier Assignment…
Wow. That is bad. Was status ever “at the port” ?

I remember I was “awaiting carrier assignment” for just a week before “at the port” now for almost 3weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 08:57 AM   #222
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar81 View Post
Quote:
Wow. That is bad. Was status ever “at the port” ?

I remember I was “awaiting carrier assignment” for just a week before “at the port” now for almost 3weeks.
No, it left the factory and went straight to an overflow lot and has sat there since July 22nd. I am not the only one who has sat for a long time, but answers are not freely given, even to my SA. Distribution in NJ helped a bit, but they haven't replied in three weeks whether it has ever been assigned to a carrier in Germany.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 06:10 AM   #223
MaceKo
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar81 View Post
Quote:
Wow. That is bad. Was status ever "at the port" ?

I remember I was "awaiting carrier assignment" for just a week before "at the port" now for almost 3weeks.
No, it left the factory and went straight to an overflow lot and has sat there since July 22nd. I am not the only one who has sat for a long time, but answers are not freely given, even to my SA. Distribution in NJ helped a bit, but they haven't replied in three weeks whether it has ever been assigned to a carrier in Germany.
Based on the similar type of cases like ours, approx time until shipping is 18-20 weeks. I'm on week 13….
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 10:40 AM   #224
thorws
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditlow View Post
Yeah, every post I saw said it would be offloaded in Charleston; even people adamant with immeasurable confidence that it was impossible for it be offloaded elsewhere, but for whatever reason mine offloaded in Brunswick anyway. 🤷

It made it to Spartanburg on August 30th, so I guess 9 or 10 days?

For me it was worth it and I would 1000% do it again and I'm not even really much of a "car guy" and definitely not a track guy. It really just made taking the new car that much more "special". You also avoid some dealer antics like adding paint protection or whatever if that's a concern for you.

Every person I interacted with from the moment I got into the airport shuttle until the moment I left the facility was excited that I was there, or at least pretended to be.

I had no trade and I was signing paperwork the day before delivery, but I'm told that's unusual.
So my M60 rolled off the boat in Brunswick last week (not Charleston as SA said). Recalls/"campaigns" closed Friday 14th. I called SA to book PDC but he says he can do nothing except for wait for somebody to give him a date. I get the text today saying only PDC date is Tue 22nd. Yep - over 5 weeks away, and the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

I'm not sure yet what I am going to do.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 10:44 AM   #225
Ditlow
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorws View Post
Quote:
Yeah, every post I saw said it would be offloaded in Charleston; even people adamant with immeasurable confidence that it was impossible for it be offloaded elsewhere, but for whatever reason mine offloaded in Brunswick anyway. 🤷

For me it was worth it and I would 1000% do it again and I'm not even really much of a "car guy" and definitely not a track guy. It really just made taking the new car that much more "special". You also avoid some dealer antics like adding paint protection or whatever if that's a concern for you.

Every person I interacted with from the moment I got into the airport shuttle until the moment I left the facility was excited that I was there, or at least pretended to be.

I had no trade and I was signing paperwork the day before delivery, but I'm told that's unusual.
So my M60 rolled off the boat in Brunswick last week (not Charleston as SA said). Recalls/"campaigns" closed Friday 14th. I called SA to book PDC but he says he can do nothing except for wait for somebody to give him a date. I get the text today saying only PDC date is Tue 22nd. Yep - over 5 weeks away, and the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

You can wait. Take the time to prepare for it. Lol

I really thought I would just go through the motions and it'd be an ok day. The car delivery was, honestly, secondary to the rest of the fun of the day.

It was such a good time, totally worth it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 10:51 AM   #226
av0789
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorws View Post
Quote:

Wow that's a quick recall turnaround. My m60 is at the NJ VPC still for 3 weeks - no remedy for recall…. I have been calling genius and they have no information, BMW has been doing horrible with communication.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 11:42 AM   #227
Katherinekb
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 BMW ix

It is in transit now! On MSC IMMACOLATA. Arriving NY/NJ 10/21.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 12:14 PM   #228
Eddyshah
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

iX3 continuous delay in delivery

Was informed delivery in mid October when placed order in April, reconfirmed in September again by the dealership and week before the delivery, emailed arrived to confirm vehicle will not be delivered? So BMW doesn’t have supply chain management process?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 12:56 PM   #229
grueber
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyshah View Post
Was informed delivery in mid October when placed order in April, reconfirmed in September again by the dealership and week before the delivery, emailed arrived to confirm vehicle will not be delivered? So BMW doesn’t have supply chain management process?
If you have the production number of the BMW register at mybmw. You can track the progress of your build.

Been several supply disruptions. Wiring harness in Feb/March, lumbar delete, tailgate delete (though my iX has the tailgate now), recent builds only base models (seems fixed now).
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 02:47 PM   #230
GSAT
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherinekb View Post
It is in transit now! On MSC IMMACOLATA. Arriving NY/NJ 10/21.

I just checked my garage after your post. Mine is in transit as well.
I think I'm on the same ship as yours.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 02:54 PM   #231
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAT View Post
I just checked my garage after your post. Mine is in transit as well.
I think I'm on the same ship as yours.
GSAT Glad to see that yours is on its way as well!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 02:58 PM   #232
GSAT
Private
Rep

I'm on MSC Immacolata as well.
This ship left Zeebrugge on 12-Oct.

I thought I'm at Bremerhaven all these days and unsure when/how it got moved to Zeebrugge port.

p.s. from Dispatched from Factory to At port status got updated with in 24Hours.and my status never got updated after that. Today is the first time it got updated.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 02:59 PM   #233
GSAT
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggalanis View Post
GSAT Glad to see that yours is on its way as well!
Excitement starts now after a long wait.
Appreciate 1
ggalanis2524.50
      10-17-2022, 03:22 PM   #234
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Excitement starts now after a long wait.
yeah, after months and months and months of waiting, these last 3 weeks (estimated on my end) will hopefully pass by quickly!

Started to get my ducks in a row. Winter tires are sitting at my shop already, and I am reusing the wheels from my X5 winter set which are at my local garage (different shop). Ordered TPMS sensors for my winter setup which should get here by the end of the week. Home charger is reserved and need to schedule the install, targeting Oct 29th. Insurance is already set up (will end up being 100$ cheaper per year VS current X5 price for same coverage) and just need to call to switch the cars when the delivery date is known.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 09:00 AM   #235
thorws
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by av0789 View Post
Wow that's a quick recall turnaround. My m60 is at the NJ VPC still for 3 weeks - no remedy for recall…. I have been calling genius and they have no information, BMW has been doing horrible with communication.
av0789 , is the recall you reference showing up in the recall tracker? Are there other open recalls/campaigns?

I am frankly doubtful I am not being lied to. My car sat outside the factory after supposedly being "complete" from May until it finally started moving to Bremerhaven in September. Meanwhile I am reading about various recalls (including the battery cell issue that sounds pretty menacing), iX after iX (50s and 60s) reported in these forums roll out of manufacturing move through the usual supply chain to delivery (some PDC, some not) in the weeks/months that my car and others are stuck. And, when it finally gets to a U.S. port, BMW is fine for it to sit around another month and a half for delivery... no consideration/prioritization given to the fact it has already been sitting complete in Dingolfing four months? It just doesn't add up.

To be clear, I know I am whining about a first-world problem. Fortunately I have other cars to get from A to B and I'm trying to keep it in perspective.

I ended up firming-up the PDC delivery 22nd November. However, similar to others stuck in this debacle, the excitement for the car has largely waned, and my first BMW experience is certainly soured.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 02:38 PM   #236
thorws
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I'm on MSC Immacolata as well.
This ship left Zeebrugge on 12-Oct.

I thought I'm at Bremerhaven all these days and unsure when/how it got moved to Zeebrugge port.
GSAT , seems like I remember a Discovery show talking about Zeebrugge being the busiest ro/ro port in the world. Anyway, the ship just stopped there after Bremerhaven to pick up more. Not sure where "your" port is, but it may make a number of more stops dropping your car off to wherever the proper destination port is. When I was digging around for mine (Horizon Highway) I found that it was going Bremerhaven -> Zeebrugge -> Baltimore -> Brunswick -> Jacksonville -> Charleston -> etc.

I hunted around for your MSC Immacolata but couldn't find the schedule like I could for K-line.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 02:56 PM   #237
GSAT
Private
Rep

thorws

The ship was never at Bremerhaven based on vessel finder website
Nevertheless, as long as it comes to NY/NJ port I'm happy
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 05:54 PM   #238
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 m2, iX D50

my iX coming to NY/nj was not loaded onto carrier at Bremerhaven. It's loaded at a Dutch port.
, I think. Journey is 22 days. Docking time is 11/23. Toronto is the name of the vehicle carrier.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 07:48 PM   #239
GSAT
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeInCT View Post
my iX coming to NY/nj was not loaded onto carrier at Bremerhaven. It's loaded at a Dutch port.
, I think. Journey is 22 days. Docking time is 11/23. Toronto is the name of the vehicle carrier.
Is it 10/23 or 11/23?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 09:03 PM   #240
LeeInCT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 m2, iX D50

10/23
Typo
My bad
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 12:15 AM   #241
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

Forgot to post on Friday, but sitting at week 13 of Awaiting Carrier Assignment. Also waiting to find out if our G01 X3 is repairable, my husband was hit Thursday morning while taking our son to school, so maybe a good thing we didn't have the iX yet...
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 03:15 PM   #242
Bertram Wooster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX50

Quote:
Forgot to post on Friday, but sitting at week 13 of Awaiting Carrier Assignment. Also waiting to find out if our G01 X3 is repairable, my husband was hit Thursday morning while taking our son to school, so maybe a good thing we didn't have the iX yet...
Same. Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope everyone is well.
Appreciate 1
TXSchnee1322.00